Talking to Hillary

124»

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Most WHITE scholars view it as a totally different cultural area.

• UnconSciUnconSci 824 Posts
    Ok fair enough.

I meant under... in the sense like... under the amount needed to push themselves into Agriculture or Industrialism. Not compared to Europe. But I understand where you guys are coming from. We are all humans, so I was just trying to take race and culture outta the picture and discuss what I really thought was underlying currents.

Ima step outta this one though. Thanks for the debate.

No man... most Africanists. Its not a bad thing. Just northern Africa has less in Common with Sub Saharan Africa than it does with the middle east. Thats why.

now im done.

No man... most Africanists. Its not a bad thing. Just northern Africa has less in Common with Sub Saharan Africa than it does with the middle east. Thats why.

now im done.

GTFOHWTB!

i will gtfohwtb. good day sir.

We are all humans, so I was just trying to take race and culture outta the picture

Taking Race & Culture out of Colonialism?

Wow.

• jaysusjaysus 787 Posts

Most scholars view it as a totally different cultural area.

Sub-Saharan Africa is typically what most people mean when they discuss Africa

Sub-Saharan?

You mean the part colonized by the tribes from kenya, tanzania and the like???

The only original sub-saharans were the san nomadic tribes aka "bushmen" as filmed in "the gods must be crazy" I think your view of africa is out of focus.

But I also do not see Egypt as being so vastly different from the rest of africa, all of northern africa has the middle eastern and islamic influence and culture.

Africa is MASSIVE

You can fit China, Western Europe, USA, Inda and Argentia inside africa with room to spare.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    From the wikithingy:
    Blood typing and DNA sampling on ancient Egyptian mummies is scant; however, blood typing of dynastic mummies found ABO frequencies to be most similar to modern Egyptians[15] and some also to Northern Haratin populations. ABO blood group distribution shows that the Egyptians form a sister group to North African populations, including Berbers, Nubians and Canary Islanders.[16] DNA extraction (namely from the 12th dynasty) indicates multiple lines of descent, including sub-Saharan Africa, while the other lineages were not identified, but may be African in origin as well (according to Keita, 1996).[17][18] Egyptologists generally consider the ancient Egyptians to have been a continuum from the lighter northern population of Lower Egypt to the darker Upper Egyptians.[19]

Right now researchers know a little bit from a small amount of dna from a small period of time.

What they know suggests that Egypt was a large, powerful, advanced society that covered and drew from a large area and attracted many cultures.

I think we all agree that Africa had, and has, great cultures and empires. For some of us it is important to argue that Africa had the first and greatest.

For some of us it is important to argue that Africa had the first

THERE IS NO ARGUEMENT.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

One of the things talk about in "The Destruction" that Semite kings claimed to be rulers of ALL or Egypt at the same time Black Pharoah's were on the Throne. Egypt was torn By Cults many of whom had leaders the claim to Pharoahs under divine rule. Semites and their Mulatto children push African farther into Egypt pass the 1st Cataract until Shabaka (a Well noted African Pharoah) retook all of Egypt. So Semite Egypt and Black Egypt were at odds.

Good Lord....what a mess this thread has become.

Stre$$ isn't racist. He just hates Dominicans, that's all.

Tell me was "race" are Dominicans? Cuz I'd really like to know.
    Why do the even Darkest Dominicans call Black people "Cocolos"??
    Why do STILL practice a form of Slavery against Haitians??
    What do Domincans HATE Haitians?
    Why do Dominicans think it's important to marry White to "Lighten the Race"??
    Why do dominicans totally distain their African heritage??

http://www.miamiherald.com/multimedia/news/afrolatin/part2/index.html

And I'd like you to comment on the above article.

It is possible to have dark-skin and not associate oneself w/ African American consciousness.

Ive found in NYC that Puerto Ricans are faster to embrace their African Blood/influences moreso than Dominicans. But ive met Dominicans who see themselves as part of the African diaspora. Ive dated Dominican sisters whove brought me to their homes, had Thanxgiving w/ their parents. I didnt get any hatt. I think u have to expose yourself to more individuals instead of what u read or encounter in limited amounts.

Proving what "Race" they are shouldnt & doesnt add up to much. U have too see it in all its complex contexts. Race is a white idea to separate people.

Haiti vs Dominican is no different than any other tribal hatt. Its not some exclusive phenomenon.

U need to come to NYC and see/meet the beautiful Dominican Woman. Ur hatt will lessen.

Reagrdless....Vega set this shit str8 for u before. Even if Dominicans or other dark skinned peoples of the Diaspora dont align themselves w/ The "struggle" its already a part of their DNA.

"Shut up and be Black!" - Gil Scott Heron.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

Haiti vs Dominican is no different than any other tribal hatt. Its not some exclusive phenomenon.

It's pretty darned unique when you consider the split between French and Spanish influence, as well as considering the full complexity of the first independent black nation of the colonial era versus its compromised neighbor that perpetually strives to kick it back to slave status.

It's pretty darned unique when you consider the split between French and Spanish influence, as well as considering the full complexity of the first independent black nation of the colonial era versus its compromised neighbor that perpetually strives to kick it back to slave status.

I knew u would chime in here.

Its tribal hatt in its own specific context, but no different from any other tribal tensions. Please dont try to make it into some Alien Vs Predator shit.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts

FOR THE LAST TIME DUDE WE'RE SORRY YOU GOT DISSED ONCE BY A DOMINICAN GIRL. GET OVER IT AND LEAVE THIS BOARD ONCE AND FOR ALL. YOU HAVE TO BE THE MOST IGNORANT FUCK EVER TO POAST HERE AND THAT IS SAYING A WHOLE HELL OF A LOT.

• dayday 9,611 Posts

Like I said my brother had dated a Dominican and her family freaked.

There you go then.

Of course you're White

It is possible to have dark-skin and not associate oneself w/ African American consciousness.

Ive found in NYC that Puerto Ricans are faster to embrace their African Blood/influences moreso than Dominicans. But ive met Dominicans who see themselves as part of the African diaspora. Ive dated Dominican sisters whove brought me to their homes, had Thanxgiving w/ their parents. I didnt get any hatt. I think u have to expose yourself to more individuals instead of what u read or encounter in limited amounts.

Stop being silly and stop acting like I don't know what I'm talking about.

Like I said my brother had dated a Dominican and her family freaked. Most Dominicans won't date or associtate with Blacks. All Blacks are Haitians to them.
    Of course you're White so maybe her (the Dominican chick you where dating) family
    were hoping you would going to lighten the Bloodline some!

I know what ur talikn about, but i dont agree w/ your small worldview.

Dude Im the only muthafucka up in here givin u some rope and u still come of like your retarded. I cant fusk w/ u anymore.

By the way....

BAN THIS MUTHAFUCKA OR IM OUT!

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    Of course you're White so maybe her (the Dominican chick you where dating) family

Please: ban this clown. This is ridiculous trash.

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts

Please: ban this clown. This is ridiculous trash.
    yeah dude's hatt is too much. i understand trying to have intelligent discussons on race, but stressdolla is just about hatten on latin folks.

• pacmanpacman 1,114 Posts

I said you weren't racist, you just hated Dominicans. I didn't say Dominican was a RACE. Perhaps reading comprehension wasn't your strong point in school. Your brother dated a Dominican girl and her parents freaked. I dated a white girl and her parents freaked, I dated a black girl and her parents freaked, heck, I'm probably the nicest dude that those girls ever dated and their parents still freaked, but I don't go labeling every white family or black family. Sorry ol' girl dissed your brother. It seems your issues run deeper than that though. Maybe a Dominican took your lunch money in the 3rd grade or something. Maybe they didn't push you when you were on the swing set. Maybe a Dominican beat you out of the shortstop position in high school. On behalf of my country of origin, I apologize for those, but I also recommend you seek some professional help. Maybe you and Eggplant can go get some therapy together to work out your deep rooted issues.

Oh, by the way, NONE of your questions were EVER brought up in my family, immediate or extended. You are a fool, and frankly you should quit while you're ahead.

Oh, by the way, that was a nice little snipe no one else caught here:

http://www.soulstrut.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=1103528&page=0&fpart=2&vc=1

Please use one of those to pry yourself off the jocks of Dominicans.

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    most strutters wouldn't know a dominican from a puerto rican if they took turns biting them in the ass - and the closest they've been to a black person is the ones on the covers of their over-priced records.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Mulatto is a derogatory and offensive term implying "half breed." Try biracial. Or something else. Or just stop altogether.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    just stop

WHERE ARE THE MODERHATTERS?

just stop
    just stop
    just stop
    just stop
    just stop
    just stop
    just stop

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    Mulatto is a derogatory and offensive term implying "half breed." Try biracial. Or something else. Or just stop altogether.

The term has historical significance, so I'm using it!

So does the "n" word, asshole.

Hell, most long-standing derogatory terms have "historical signifigance." The more enlightened folks amongst us don't attempt to play bullshit parlor games with slanderous terminology in order to score masturbatory debater's points.

WHERE ARE THE MODERHATTERS?

The term has historical significance, so I'm using it!

So does the "n" word, asshole.

Hell, most long-standing derogatory terms have "historical signifigance." The more enlightened folks amongst us don't attempt to play bullshit parlor games with slanderous terminology in order to score masturbatory debater's points.

Dude, for real, where ARE the moderators? His 15 minutes have expired earlier this week.

I've NEVER heard the term "Mulatto" aligned with term "Nigger", infact some people of mixed heritage use the term to describe themselves. Please, stop being silly.

BECAUSE THEY ARE FUCKIN IGNORANT! ITS A TERM THAT ORIGINATES W/ BREEDING ANIMALS U STUPID MUTHAFUCKA! IT WAS APPLIED TO MIXED SLAVES! JUST BECAUSE "MIXED" BLACK FOLK USE IT W/OUT KNOWING THE ORIGINAL OF THE TERM DOESNT MAKE IT APPROPRIATE.
    ITS RESIDUAL SLAVERY U STUPID FUCK! AND DONT EVEN TRY TO COME W/ THAT "WELL I READ IT MY BOOK" BULLSHIT!