Talking to Hillary

DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
edited May 2008 in Strut Central
Hillary campaign called today. Had an interesting chat with her supporter. I explained that I was very disappointed that Hillary was still attacking Obama when the math just doesn't support this kind of nonsense. I told her that I honestly could never support her if she kept up with this kind of behavior. You could hear the sound of resignation in her voice, like she was thinking, "yeah, I feel ya on that one". In other news, it looks like reality is starting to set in at Camp Hillary today. Now that she's losing super delegates, she's toning it way down. I predict things are gonna get a lot nicer this weekend. Thank God she is thinking like a politician again.

Comments

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Hillary campaign called today. Had an interesting chat with her supporter. I explained that I was very disappointed that Hillary was still attacking Obama when the math just doesn't support this kind of nonsense. I told her that I honestly could never support her if she kept up with this kind of behavior. You could hear the sound of resignation in her voice, like she was thinking, "yeah, I feel ya on that one".

In other news, it looks like reality is starting to set in at Camp Hillary today. Now that she's losing super delegates, she's toning it way down. I predict things are gonna get a lot nicer this weekend. Thank God she is thinking like a politician again.

She's in town today, i thought you talked to her for real.

So a guy pulls up in front of my shop, I've got a lawn sign out there and sign in the window, this was Friday, then he drives off, about a minute later the phone rings:
    You support Obama?
    Yes.
    Did you know he is a racist? How can you support a racist? If a white person said what his pastor said they would be out of the race. It makes me sick that people like you are supporting a racist.

So I started talking to him, he claims to be a Clinton supporter but id Obama wins he's going for McCain. So we start yelling at each other, then I hang up. Then he calls back and starts yelling at me, I yell at him, then I just put him on speaker and go back to work. Finally he takes a breath and starts asking whatsdamadderyouwonttalktomenomo. Then he gets bored and hangs up.

On a better note I went canvassing with Cyreena Boston later that day. I sure hope she wins. She started door knocking doing public policy research in my neighborhood when she was 10. She knows the policy, issues and neighborhood. Any other strutters in the 25th (I don't think there are any) be sure to vote for her.

Dr Wu, Alice, 2ply... who you got for Mayor? Sam Adams is so downtown development I can't vote for him, but no one of substance is running against him.

Any way, that guy who called yesterday was so full of lies and half truths about Obama I'm afraid that the republicans are winning the race to define Obama. It is going to take a whole lot of money for him to be able to tell people who he is.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

Any way, that guy who called yesterday was so full of lies and half truths about Obama I'm afraid that the republicans are winning the race to define Obama. It is going to take a whole lot of money for him to be able to tell people who he is.

He was a Hillary supported being influenced by the evil Republicans.....uh-huh.

The Republicans are too busy attacking Obama.....

So who is making these cutesy photos and who are they trying to "define".

Since the republicans are all saints and would never say anything bad about any one it must be Obama's people. Of course they wouldn't attack Clinton so they must be trying to "define" one of the 2 people at her feet.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    All of this just poltrix is a waste of time. It's just a popularity contest nothing more. Obama WILL NOT WIN. All the Right has to say is "WAKE UP AMERICA HE'S A NIGGER!!".

U HATE YOURSELF......BAN!!!!!

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    dude definitely has some fuckin problems.

Since the republicans are all saints and would never say anything bad about any one it must be Obama's people. Of course they wouldn't attack Clinton so they must be trying to "define" one of the 2 people at her feet.

I'm not suggesting it's anybody's "people"....I'm suggesting it's the work of idiots.

In one post you claim that the Republicans seem to be winning the race of "defining" Obama as a racist based on a conversation with a crazy sounding Hillary supporter.

And then you post two ridiculous pieces of propaganda that attempt to "define" McCain and Clinton.

Can you see the irony??

Some Obama supporters that I speak to like him because they feel he'll run a campaign free of just this kind of juvenile bullshit.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    All of this just poltrix is a waste of time. It's just a popularity contest nothing more. Obama WILL NOT WIN. All the Right has to say is "WAKE UP AMERICA HE'S A NIGGER!!".

I think you should call up GOP HQ and give them this idea.

I'm not suggesting it's anybody's "people"....I'm suggesting it's the work of idiots.

In one post you claim that the Republicans seem to be winning the race of "defining" Obama as a racist based on a conversation with a crazy sounding Hillary supporter.

And then you post two ridiculous pieces of propaganda that attempt to "define" McCain and Clinton.

Can you see the irony??

Some Obama supporters that I speak to like him because they feel he'll run a campaign free of just this kind of juvenile bullshit.

Not sure what propaganda I posted.

Pointing out that the Republicans and the right wing commentators are trying, and succeeding in defining Obama is hardly propaganda.

Constantly attacking Clinton and defending McCain as you do is what is ironic. I don't know if you care about policies, but Clinton and Obama's policy positions are near identical. McCain's tend to be extreme to the right of either C or O.

I guess I really shouldn't think of it as attacking or defending either of them. It might just be me you are trying to attack.

My hope is for a clean, fair election, unlike the last few.

Clinton has already proven she wants to play the same old dirty/sleazy political game, and I've bashed her for it.

If and when McCain OR Obama stoop to the same level I'll speak out about that too.

U HATE YOURSELF...

Your Dude ain't gonna win! Prove me wrong.

Regardless....U HATT YOURSELF!!!!

U WISH YOU WERE WHITE!

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    U HATE YOURSELF...

Your Dude ain't gonna win! Prove me wrong.

Pretty sure we gotta wait until Nov. for this one.

U WISH YOU WERE WHITE!

Fam, have you seen my post as of lately??
    You Drawlin'....xtra Husky!

U SOUND WHITE!

Dr Wu made a pretty reasonable post that seemed worth talking about but it soon became a fight between rock and i and batmon and stress$.

Oh well.

U WISH YOU WERE WHITE!
    Fam, have you seen my post as of lately??

You Drawlin'....xtra Husky!
    U SOUND WHITE!
    Wrong sound Philthy! North, West, Southwest, South, Mt Airy, G'town Uptown , Down town, crosstown and all around!! Be Down or Lay Down.

RACE IS A WHITE CONCEPT AND U STAY HIGHLIGHTIN IT....

EXACTLY!
    And it's Whites who have benefited from racism and even the most liberal among them Still hold people in contempt. Blacks still aren't all the way human to most Whites! Caucasians are the natural enemies of Blacks the world over. Muslims or Christian. Anglo or Arab.

WHAT ARE U GAINING BY EXPENDING YOUR ENERGY BRINGING THIS UP IN A RECORD FORUM?
    IF CAUCASOIDS ARE THE ENEMY WHY ARE U TRYING TO CONVINCE THEM OF OF THEIR HATT?
    ITS A DONE DEAL, RIGHT? WHAT ARE U GAINING? CASH? RECORDS? LOVE? RESPECT?
    WHAT IF SOMEONE SAID "UR RIGHT, STRESSDOLLARS, WERE THE DEVIL."
    WHAT DID U ACCOMPLISH HERE? WHAT POINTS ARE U SCORING, DOG?
    WHAT IS THE END GOAL?

EXACTLY!
    And it's Whites who have benefited from racism and even the most liberal among them Still hold people in contempt. Blacks still aren't all the way human to most Whites! Caucasians are the natural enemies of Blacks the world over. Muslims or Christian. Anglo or Arab.

WHAT ARE U GAINING BY EXPENDING YOUR ENERGY BRINGING THIS UP IN A RECORD FORUM?
    IF CAUCASOIDS ARE THE ENEMY WHY ARE U TRYING TO CONVINCE THEM OF OF THEIR HATT?
    ITS A DONE DEAL, RIGHT? WHAT ARE U GAINING? CASH? RECORDS? LOVE? RESPECT?
    WHAT IF SOMEONE SAID "UR RIGHT, STRESSDOLLARS, WERE THE DEVIL."
    WHAT DID U ACCOMPLISH HERE? WHAT POINTS ARE U SCORING, DOG?
    WHAT IS THE END GOAL?

Well, you said The White race was a concept (I'm assuming you man made), and just rebutted you. Actually, I agreed with you and I just elaborated on it.

NO. THE IDEA OF RACE IS A WHITE CONCEPT. ITS A CATAGORIZATION THAT CREATES A HEIRARCHY. YOUR BASE IDEA IS EUROCENTRICALY BASED. GRADUATE AND TRANSMUTATE YOUR HATT.

• UnconSciUnconSci 824 Posts
    White folks and black folks have been beefing for 6000 years?

• VagabondVagabond 417 Posts

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    I'm repping Sam Adams for Mayor. Sho's a joke. I can live with Sam's faults and I think he will do good for transportation, environment and schools. After do-nothing-Potter we need someone willing to get working.

I'm repping Sam Adams for Mayor. Sho's a joke. I can live with Sam's faults and I think he will do good for DOWNTOWN BUSINESS INTERESTS.

I'll likely vote for him too in the end. I am so disappointed in Potter.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    White folks and black folks have been beefing for 6000 years?

YES! Black Africans and Caucasians (semites are caucasians as well).

Uh, Professor, the the great kingdoms of Africa post-date ancient Greece.

Real

This book reminds me of the time I went to our local Kwanzaa celebration and won a prize during a black history trivia contest.

The question was: "who was affectionately called 'the picture taking man' during the Harlem Renaissance. (post you answer, first correct answer wins you my banker's complete Elton John discography on vinyl)

My prize: A copy of the "Iceman Inheritance", a book that claims the white (european) man's violent tendencies come from his maladaptive sexual behavior during the last ice age. I had to laugh at the irony of the situation.

Great African Kingdoms:
    A Simple Timeline

Before Current Era

c3000 Egypt united as one Kingdom
    800BCE - CE 250 Kingdom of Kush (including parts of what is now Sudan and Egypt)
    500BCE - CE 250 Nok culture in West Africa

Current Era

700-800 Islam spreads into West Africa across the Sahara desert
    c750 Kingdom of Ghana at its strongest
    1200-1400 Kingdom of Great Zimbabwe
    c1350 Kingdom of Mali
    c1400 Kingdom of Ife
    1440-1606 Kingdom of Benin
    1464 Sonni Ali the Great becomes ruler of the Kingdom of Songhay
    1486 Portugese traders make contact with Benin
    1640 Beginning of civil war in Benin
    1680 Asante states come under the rule of one king
    1730 Oyo Kingdom at the height of its power
    1818 Shaka becomes leader of the Zulu Kingdom
    1874 Capital of the Asante Kingdoms captured by the British
    1879 British Army first defeated by Zulu army
    1897 Benin captured and looted by the British

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    The question was: "who was affectionately called 'the picture taking man' during the Harlem Renaissance. (post you answer, first correct answer wins you my banker's complete Elton John discography on vinyl)

It's James Van Der Zee, but you can keep the LPs.

James VanderZee?

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    So you hate whites, jews, latinos, arabs, asians and obama. nice.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts

I thought he only hated African-Americans who voted for Obama. At least he's expanding his horizons.

Sir, you and flaming idiot! I hate none of the above. I'v only provided proof that Africans the world over have subjected to worse treatment imaginable! I have showed you how Africans and have been marginalized by Whites, Latinos and Asian and treated LESS THAN HUMAN with visual recorded proof. Now, please you show me how I am hateful for bring these things to light?

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts

Sir, you and flaming idiot! I hate none of the above. I'v only provided proof that Africans the world over have subjected to worse treatment imaginable! I have showed you how Africans and have been marginalized by Whites, Latinos and Asian and treated LESS THAN HUMAN with visual recorded proof. Now, please you show me how I am hateful for bring these things to light?

In my post I was simply commenting on your choice of expert video wherein your expert doesn't even correctly place the great kingdoms of Africa in historical context. It's embarrassing to see this kind of schlock put out as reasoned argument. I hope 'Destruction' is not using that guy as a source. BTW Iceman Inheritance is written by a white man. Interesting don't you think.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts

In my post I was simply commenting on your choice of expert video wherein your expert doesn't even correctly place the great kingdoms of Africa in historical context. It's embarrassing to see this kind of schlock put out as reasoned argument. I hope 'Destruction' is not using that guy as a source. BTW Iceman Inheritance is written by a white man. Interesting don't you think.

I think Dr. Williams is Debunking the Eurocentic Historians that claim the first African Kingdoms post date Greece as you put it. In fact if you read his work[/b] he shows in his findings that many things found in southern europe were predated by Africans by hundreds and in some cases 1000's of years. Case in point is the African orgins of Democracy in which he has a chapter on. READ the BOOK then debate or step off!

Cool down, daddy-o.