FTP programs...

dreskieboogiedreskieboogie 951 Posts
edited May 2008 in Strut Central
What do you all use as far as FTP programs goes?I stopped using SmartFTP a while ago and got recommended FileZilla instead which works really well.Any other suggestions?Peace,Dress

Comments

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    mac or pc?

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    I had something similar in that I used to use SmartFTP but these days have switched to FileZilla. Seems to work really well - any particular reason you're shopping around for a different FTP program?

• jaysusjaysus 787 Posts
    Transmit walks on any other FTP program i have ever used. Shareware i GLADLY pay for. Cute icon too!

• Im on a PC. Im happy with FileZilla but I was just wondering if there were other and better programs out there.

Peace,

Dress

• LuckLoopLuckLoop 103 Posts
    im on a pc. I use total commander its a nice program. its very easy to use.
    you can manage your ftps, zip/unzip files and most important of all it renders the shitty windows explorer obsolete.

im sure you can try it for free or get a cracked version but its really worth the 15??? or so you have to pay to get it legally

Transmit walks on any other FTP program i have ever used. Shareware i GLADLY pay for. Cute icon too!

I'll that big time, Panic makes all types of dope software. if you get down with usenet at all you NEED Unison in your life. I just discovered it and I'm never using igrabnews again. BUT it's only for mac.

• TabaskoTabasko 1,357 Posts

Fetch aint bad either. Cute icon too!

transmit KILLS fetch, I hate fetch

• ZekeZeke 221 Posts
    I've been a long time Transmit user, but I recently started using a new program called YummyFTP. Horrible name aside, I like it a lot.

Also, for PC's I've been using LeapFTP since it first came out and am going to stick with it until they stop supporting it.

• mumbosaucemumbosauce 480 Posts
    CoreFTP is the ish.

also sometimes I just use my web browser.

ftp://username:password@ftp.site.com

easy enough for a file or two.

multiple files uploading/downloading I use CoreFTP. Best Free one out there in my books.

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts
    WS_FTP Pro works good, but isn't free. Filezilla works just as well though.

I use DOS commands a lot for FTP too.

c:>ftp hostname.com
    c:>bin (Sets the file transfer type to binary)
    c:>hash (Toggles hash-sign (#) printing for each data block transferred)
    c:>get filename or put filename

but you gotta admit that a dog is way cuter than a truck..

yes but trucks kill dogs daily

yes but trucks kill dogs daily

• breadwinnerbreadwinner 535 Posts

yummy ftp