Philly Wassup?!!! Police beatdown-R

124»

Comments

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    And yet you thought the Sean Bell case was adjudicated properly.

no, i never said that. i never gave my personal opinion, but if your asking, i think it wasn't. the only thing i said in that thread was that there could be a plausible, legal, explanation for how the judge reached his decision. not that i agreed with it.

So what's the point in pointing this out? Just to remind people that the POSSIBILITY exists?

Your posts are a combination of hair-splitting + contrarianism, all for the sake of?

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts
    That thread was about the legal decision by that judge. my only point was that there was some legal basis to his verdict, and that this wasn't some maniac who abandoned the law (like the bush v. gore decision) to get the result he wanted. there was a basis. i would have found otherwise. thats all i was trying to say, but something completely noncontroversial got built up into me saying the cops were right with people were putting words in my mouth. sounds familiar.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    The Police operate as a fraternity....They are members of a close knit brotherhood/sisterhood (protected by the criminal justice system)that perceive black males,specifically young black males as the biggest threat to public safety....Police training,propaganda and selective enforcement of the law makes this indisputable....In Southern California,black males have pretty much been neutralized by intitutional racism. Now we are beginning to see a shift where law enforecement and the media have directed the majority of their bigotry toward young Latino males......unless you have been personally victimized by the police or the instituion of racism then there is very little chance you will understand what's going on and probably be eager to argue on behalf of the police. Even when visual evidence is on display.

- Stressdollaz

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    bottom line racist or not they were beyond out of line & should be fired & or brought up on serious charges. fuckin lames

• Would love to hear the radio communications during the chase. Imagine what they must have been saying to each other.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Just because I'm 1) bored and 2) curious...Keith: what you think about the Rodney King verdict?

okayyy, now you sound like Harvey. nothing i have said is the least bit controversial. any lawyer who has ever defended someone would say the same thing, as did our mayor, but he went a step further and just said lets hold off on judgments until we learn more than just a silent video and then, to quote him, "let the chips fall where they may".

apparently, cops are guilty before being proven innocent, not just of the crime, but of what was going on in their head when they committed the crime.

truly ridiculous. i hope a judge or jury has more sense when, god forbid, any of you are implicated by an incriminating (appearing) silent video.

FUCK YOU, THE MAYOR, AND ANY LAWYER WHO ATTEMPTS TO DEFEND THESE COPS AS ANYTHING BUT RACIST PIGS!

Well, why would you say fuck a lawyer who attempts to defend these cops? They deserve a defense, do they not?

A LAWYER CAN DEFEND AWAY BUT SHOULD FUCK OFF ANYWAY.

Seriously though, the court case can deliberate on whether or not these cops broke laws written on the books by their own uncles and handlers and shit...but there's no arguing against this being the act of RACIST PIGS.

• theory9theory9 1,128 Posts
    truly ridiculous. i hope a judge or jury has more sense when, god forbid, any of you are implicated by an incriminating (appearing) silent video.

What would adding audio to the tape clear up, exactly?

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    The Police operate as a fraternity....They are members of a close knit brotherhood/sisterhood (protected by the criminal justice system)that perceive black males,specifically young black males as the biggest threat to public safety....Police training,propaganda and selective enforcement of the law makes this indisputable....In Southern California,black males have pretty much been neutralized by intitutional racism. Now we are beginning to see a shift where law enforecement and the media have directed the majority of their bigotry toward young Latino males......unless you have been personally victimized by the police or the instituion of racism then there is very little chance you will understand what's going on and probably be eager to argue on behalf of the police. Even when visual evidence is on display.

- Stressdollaz

Fake Stressdollaz quote, his would have a lot of typos.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Would love to hear the radio communications during the chase. Imagine what they must have been saying to each other.

I'll just speculate that it'd be

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Just because I'm 1) bored and 2) curious...Keith: what you think about the Rodney King verdict?

okayyy, now you sound like Harvey. nothing i have said is the least bit controversial. any lawyer who has ever defended someone would say the same thing, as did our mayor, but he went a step further and just said lets hold off on judgments until we learn more than just a silent video and then, to quote him, "let the chips fall where they may".

apparently, cops are guilty before being proven innocent, not just of the crime, but of what was going on in their head when they committed the crime.

FUCK YOU, THE MAYOR, AND ANY LAWYER WHO ATTEMPTS TO DEFEND THESE COPS AS ANYTHING BUT RACIST PIGS!

Well, why would you say fuck a lawyer who attempts to defend these cops? They deserve a defense, do they not?

Seriously though, the court case can deliberate on whether or not these cops broke laws written on the books by their own uncles and handlers and shit...but there's no arguing against this being the act of RACIST PIGS.

Yeah word, well I'm not arguing about that. Shit, I grew up dealing with PPD. I know their steez. But still, these "racist pigs" have the right to proper defense in court of law.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

Yeah word, well I'm not arguing about that. Shit, I grew up dealing with PPD. I know their steez. But still, these "racist pigs" have the right to proper defense in court of law.

FUCK THE COURT OF LAW.

I mean, I don't disagree with you about equal protection for all under the law...but when it comes to police brutality, I don't expect the courts to do a damned thing that has to do with justice so the least of my concern is that these racist pigs receive proper representation.

They've already had the mayor and this kvh chump come to their defense...and that's already too much.