let's talk PROG......

pencilfacepencilface 674 Posts
edited May 2008 in Strut Central
anyone here into a bit o' prog rock? im bored at work and i need some prog pron to get me through the day... any of you lot got a huge collection of flute heavy wizard prog or what??screw funk and soul records - i need pic of hairy, bearded europeans with capes on.

Comments

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    Jim Moir (aka Vic Reeves) is an uber-collectro in this area

Shedfuls of private press grails for days it seems

and he's welcome to them

• CosmophonicCosmophonic 1,172 Posts
    Paladin - Charge!

Flying Island - Another Kind of Space

Vanessa - Black and White

Big thumbs.

- J

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,885 Posts
    I can only ride if the artwork has been done by one of them, or better, by one of their kids (wizards with fingers all the same length, ringed planets where the rings are like calamari, shit dragons etc.)

And to think once I "Finger-Crucifixed" Brian Auger because of the artwork... Shame on me.

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts

Is this prog?
    If so, I will ride gingerly

What about this?
    It can't be messed with.

My prog game is weak

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    Wallace

• fredfadesfredfades 584 Posts

• pencilfacepencilface 674 Posts
    man, not much love for prog here it seems -- surely some others of you must have the same jones for Prog Breakzzz that i do. i'll post some snaps leter when i'm back from work...

thats great about vic reeves though, just when i thought he couldnt get any cooler in my eyes - he's into prog.

whatever hapened to Wallace? - - he doesnt appear to have resurfaced on VV.

He got banned from VV/VG+. He now has a pitiful prog forum on Discogs which either is just him talking to himself in his funny accent or telling the very occasional new users that their tastes are shit. Which leads to him talking to himself again. Nutter.

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    How is that difference from the wallace experience on VG+/VV?

Ha. Wallace is pretty much the only person on his forum. There's not even anyone there to ignore him.

• The-gafflerThe-gaffler 2,190 Posts
    i enjoy that eastern european schitt.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    I ride for the classics;

ha! "heart of the sunrise" on the YEs album 'fragile' is pretty unstoppable 9apart form the wimpy singing bits!)

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    ha! "heart of the sunrise" on the YEs album 'fragile' is pretty unstoppable 9apart form the wimpy singing bits!)

I love that shit. The expanded CD includes their version of Simon & Garfunkel's "America", which I truly believe to be the greatest cover of a Paul Simon song ever, and which is one of my favourite cover versions of all time in any genre.

• Hey Pencilface, link me to your artwork(was it a flickr page or portfolio page?)

Sorry to interrupt..carry on, carry on

• word..do you have AIM?

nope - and i also don't know what it is.

• ha..aol instant messenger. I just wanted to talk drawing/art/etc with you. No big deal, though.

PM me if you need to know anything specific.

• fishmongerfunkfishmongerfunk 4,154 Posts
    in leicester, uk there is a record shop that is almost entirely devoted to prog...these guys also put out the "crack in the cosmic egg" book/cd-rom.

http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/ultimathule/

i heard about that shop --- i'm desperate to go . anyone been? what are their prices like??

• The-gafflerThe-gaffler 2,190 Posts
    pencilface, these are 2 good joints that i enjoy. they're no way near as proggy as "roundabout" but on some real slow-roll type bluesy stuff...

• GnarliamentGnarliament 375 Posts
    There is a comp called "Prog is not a Four Letter Word". It's got some nice prog braeks.

• The leading horse is white
    The second horse is red
    The third one is a black,
    The last one is a green

• LamarTinsonLamarTinson 507 Posts
    Prog is a strange genre.
    Some of the so called classics blow, such as Brain Salad Surgery.
    But Crimson is great.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    pencilface, these are 2 good joints that i enjoy. they're no way near as proggy as "roundabout" but on some real slow-roll type bluesy stuff...

I got copies of those records recently in Prague, totally underrated!

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    Prog is a strange genre.
    Some of the so called classics blow, such as Brain Salad Surgery.
    But Crimson is great.

My thoughts exactly.