let's talk PROG......

2»

Comments

• pencilfacepencilface 674 Posts
    prog is ace - but i dont know anyone who considers 'brain salad surgery' a classic.

here's some stuff quickly gleamed from my racks so i can contribute to this thread... any kraut, psych and jazz-rock witheld.
    some prog bits that i have not got bored of yet:

lots of good drums amongst this lot.

• The-gafflerThe-gaffler 2,190 Posts
    I got copies of those records recently in Prague, totally underrated!

awww that's dope dude [high-fiiiiiiiiiive]. i played a piece of one for someone over the phone not too long ago and they were immediately like "come to the studio, i've never heard something like that". that's sorta how i felt as well when i first heard them since i was expecting something totally different. those faded out chords are the dope. needless to say i think that record's coming with me to NYC this weekend, hahahahaha.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    what is prog anyway? pre metal or fusion psych?

• The-gafflerThe-gaffler 2,190 Posts
    prog is something that your friend paul's dad use to listen to in the car when you were a kid. the kind of dad that had long hair, wore tight jeans, a robotic skeleton-body tee shirt, and made things out of sculpy.

• CosmophonicCosmophonic 1,172 Posts
    That Niemen record is so dope.

Do you have Katharsis? GET IT! It's weird, like really really weird but brilliant.

• LuckLoopLuckLoop 103 Posts
    i ride for that niemen aswell
    got a bunch of other (mostly east) european prog rock records but am not at all an expert on the genre.

nice thread

• pencilfacepencilface 674 Posts

got a bunch of other (mostly east) european prog rock records

let's have a look then...

• LuckLoopLuckLoop 103 Posts

hm so imageshack seems to suck for forum links any better hosts where the pictures are bigger?

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,889 Posts
    The Ambrosian Singers: Jesus

I believe our Religion teacher had this when I was at school. It seemed somehow ironic to give it the finger crucifix. I would have to alter my mindset with some ill ninja handsigns or something before I could take >30 seconds of it.

• gruntgravelgruntgravel 559 Posts

I've been digging this, and that Caravan in the land of grey and pink is a great album.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    i think some of you think prog is the pre-glam rock.

• gruntgravelgruntgravel 559 Posts
    The prog rainbow contains many colors

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    for all prog heads - progstrut

one thing that i will never understand are prog band names. were prog heads so uncool in general? worst band names to be found in prog!