Iron Man

1235»

Comments

• GenePontecorvoGenePontecorvo 5,612 Posts
    I wasn't trying to harsh you dudes' mellow, and I'm sure it's been covered...but how do you hardcroe comic guys feel about the white Stark? Were there other Iron Mans in the mythology? Wasn't Stark the original?

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    I wasn't trying to harsh you dudes' mellow, and I'm sure it's been covered...but how do you hardcroe comic guys feel about the white Stark? Were there other Iron Mans in the mythology? Wasn't Stark the original?

Stark has always been a Caucasoid.

James Rhodes wore the suit when Stark was rehabbin. And then Stark gave him the War Machine suit.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

?

Oh, yeah, this movie also inspired me to create a new grippeur graemlin:

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts

?

Tony Stark was always a white guy.

• bobbydeebobbydee 849 Posts

But I couldn't stop thinking of this:

GRIPPUERS REJOICE!

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Streeeeeeetch

Your right, they should have just killed him and called the movie
    "Iron Man doesn't exist because O-Dub thinks it's implausable."

My man - you need to chill a bit here. I plainly said I still enjoyed the film (well, the first 2/3rds). The continuity errors (which, in this case are a good deal greater than "his buttons were on the LEFT side of his shirt in the last scene!") and plot holes are me having some fun with some pretty blatant dumb shit but I'm not drop-kicking the movie over it.

That said, your defense of "it's a cartoon film" is weaksauce to me. Popcorn films don't have to be insulting to one's intelligence. The presumption that they are is more patronizing to the filmmaking than any criticism I lobbed.

And to echo some other comments: Sam Jackson as Nick Fury is like an Onion joke gone real. I mean, is there an action film he ISN'T in?

Switch-up:

I agree that the new Batman trailer is surprisingly poor compared to the previous one.

I feel shame that my graemlins need to be "cleaned up" ...
    but thanks for doing it.

What is the other one? Daft Punk?

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    I saw the special Batman IMAX preview and it was way better than what is shown before IronMan. Truthfully, im a little scurred regardless of what i saw.
    if i hadn't seen that 5 minutes infront of "i am legend" i would def be less enthused to see dark knight.

• bobbydeebobbydee 849 Posts

I feel shame that my graemlins need to be "cleaned up" ...
    but thanks for doing it.

What is the other one? Daft Punk?

Hey, we didn't all spend our highschool years in front of a computer. Perhaps you were one of those people with freinds.

Yeah it's daft punk, I kept hearing the lyrics to technologic.

• GenePontecorvoGenePontecorvo 5,612 Posts

Stark has always been a Caucasoid.

James Rhodes wore the suit when Stark was rehabbin. And then Stark gave him the War Machine suit.

I guess years removed from Who's Who and shit + marijuana + years of listening to Ghostface had warped my memory. Carry on.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    The only problem I had with the movie was the cathartic turning of Tony Stark into Iron Man. I would have enjoyed it playing out more with some deeper development ala Batman Begins.

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    Streeeeeeetch

Your right, they should have just killed him and called the movie
    "Iron Man doesn't exist because O-Dub thinks it's implausable."

My man - you need to chill a bit here. I plainly said I still enjoyed the film (well, the first 2/3rds). The continuity errors (which, in this case are a good deal greater than "his buttons were on the LEFT side of his shirt in the last scene!") and plot holes are me having some fun with some pretty blatant dumb shit but I'm not drop-kicking the movie over it.

That said, your defense of "it's a cartoon film" is weaksauce to me. Popcorn films don't have to be insulting to one's intelligence. The presumption that they are is more patronizing to the filmmaking than any criticism I lobbed.

And to echo some other comments: Sam Jackson as Nick Fury is like an Onion joke gone real. I mean, is there an action film he ISN'T in?

Switch-up:

I agree that the new Batman trailer is surprisingly poor compared to the previous one.

I'm not worked up at all, I just find it funny that you are putting this much thought into a cartoon movie. Really, if they hadn't put him in a cave with a lot of wepons their wouldn't be an Iron Man so what do you want? Plus, that's the exact way it went in the comic so that should be good enough. Comics are fantasy world so they don't have to make total sence. They aren't insulting our intellegence. It's total made up BS that doesn't have to be realistic or logical.

Do you get mad every time a villian monolouges giving the hero time to escape?

Do you get mad everytime something explodes in space? Because we all know there isn't any oxygen out there so really nothing could explode.

Do you get mad that every alien in Star Trek speaks english?

David Bowie's band were neither Spiders nor from Mars. Discuss.

OK Enough drama, time to agree with you!

I don't care if Nick Fury is black, but he better have a crew cut, a cigar and a blue outfit. Sam needs the boot.

I was also not impressed with the Batman trailer, but I've been unimpressed with trailers and then enjoyed the movie. The Joker did not look "crazy" enough.