Iron Man

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Downey was great, perfect actually....

This will help secure the non-comic heads.

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    top 5 comix flicks:1.superman 2.batman 89' 3.blade 4.spiderman2 5.x2
    i'm talkin mainstream comix,not "ghostworld" an shit.

• phongonephongone 1,652 Posts
    Marvel is a serious about putting out an Avengers movie.

http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20197922,00.html

Following Iron Man's impressive $98.6 million debut this weekend, Marvel Studios has set a date for a sequel: April 30, 2010. Meanwhile, the comic-book-based entertainment company has unveiled the roster of superhero movies it plans to release during the next three years:

?? Thor ??? June 4, 2010
    ?? The First Avenger: Captain America ??? May 6, 2011
    ?? The Avengers ??? July 2011 (bringing together the characters of Iron Man, the Incredible Hulk, Captain America, and Thor in one movie)
    ?? Ant-Man ??? In development

All of these features will be financed, developed, and produced by Marvel. While the company had enjoyed great success for more than a decade with movies based on many of its popular characters ??? including Spider-Man, X-Men, and the Fantastic Four ??? it only recently started fully financing and producing its own films (and distributing them via an agreement with Paramount). Iron Man was the first major release under this new plan; The Incredible Hulk arrives in theaters on June 13.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    top 5 comix flicks:1.superman 2.batman 89' 3.blade 4.spiderman2 5.x2

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    i thought RDJ was pretty hammy..

he was playing a bazillionaire genius alcoholic...how was he supposed to act?

top 5 comix flicks:1.superman 2.batman 89' 3.blade 4.spiderman2 5.

Superman 2 > Superman
    Batman Begins > Over the entire OG Batman series...but RETURNS is my fav there.
    Blade 2 > Blade
    Spider-Man 2...good call...

Add SIN CITY,X-MEN 2,& HELLBOY.....and NOW IRON MAN to the mix.

My Mind Garden's Honorable mentions...Daredevil,Sky Captain,& Flash Gordon.

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
    On a side note. Anyone know if any studio will be doing a Thundercats movie. Thats the next childhood fav. I want to see turned into a silver screen adventure, plus I don't think there will be many comic book superheros left for the studios to use. Or am i wrong? Any other shit I should put on my bootlegger list?

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
    i kinda liked the green arrow longbow hunters thingie. that was kinda cool and sexy if i remember correct.

plus I don't think there will be many comic book superheros left for the studios to use. Or am i wrong? Any other shit I should put on my bootlegger list?

You are buggin.....

Cats I wanna see...

MARVEL...

Black Panther
    PowerMan & Iron Fist
    Black Widow
    Thor & Captain America are in the works so i wont add.

stretch....The Inhumans.

DC....

GREEN LANTERN
    Green Arrow
    Captain Marvel/Shazam
    Nightwing....the grown up Dick Grayson
    The Flash
    Aquaman

and WONDER WOMAN is a fuckin must.

stretch.....The New Gods.

and if you need some good shit check this out...

THE NEW FRONTIER

• minneapminneap 541 Posts
    marvel > DC aside from Batman.

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    it's a shame wesley snipes never got to film his black panther flick.

it's a shame wesley snipes never got to film his black panther flick.

Wesley should have just funded it under his Amen-Ra production co.

This is Black Panther....

Djimon Hounsou

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    plus I don't think there will be many comic book superheros left for the studios to use. Or am i wrong? Any other shit I should put on my bootlegger list?

You are buggin.....

Cats I wanna see...

MARVEL...

Black Panther
    PowerMan & Iron Fist
    Black Widow
    Thor & Captain America are in the works so i wont add.

stretch....The Inhumans.

DC....

GREEN LANTERN
    Green Arrow
    Captain Marvel/Shazam
    Nightwing....the grown up Dick Grayson
    The Flash
    Aquaman

and WONDER WOMAN is a fuckin must.

stretch.....The New Gods.

yes! man I'm sayin...some Luke Cage would be ill. But lemme add a few I wanna see in the future,

along with Micronauts

Remember the OG Swamp Thing..

haha yeah but I wanna see Man Thing, and they need to do the Micronauts with that crazy thing that looked just like Man-Thing that burned everything like acid that it touched. Am I the only one that'll remember that one?

haha yeah but I wanna see Man Thing, and the need to do the Micronauts with that crazy thing that looked just like Man-Thing that burned everything like acid that it touched. Am I the only one that'll remember that one?

I have this. But a Movie? u buggin.....unless the Micronauts comeback.

oh shit, that's right it WAS man-thing, I say do a movie on that issue right there and kill 2 birds, at least in my mind garden.

There's more I wanna see but I can't remember names of comics, obscure shit I loved. it'll come to me.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    What is this interest in seeing childhood shows being remade into movies?

What's wrong with just enjoying shows as they were? I don't need a live action Robotech when I can still, you know, watch Robotech.

Honestly: did "Transformers" actually make anyone like the OG show more?

I just think it's cool seeing some of the shit you always wanted to see in real life, in real life. Cartoons are one thing but if they can make that shit realistic and pull it off I say go 'head. I thought transformers was dope, still like it all just the same though but I'm glad they did it.

Honestly: did "Transformers" actually make anyone like the OG show more?

Im wondering what sales were for the movie-related Transformer toys.
    I dont see any kids w/ them after the movie.

But after Spiderman, the dolls were everywhere.

Im real hesitant about Speed Racer.

I just think it's cool seeing some of the shit you always wanted to see in real life, in real life. Cartoons are one thing but if they can make that shit realistic and pull it off I say go 'head. I thought transformers was dope, still like it all just the same though but I'm glad they did it.

I hear you but to me, there's no "real life" to speak of; these live action films are so CGI-dependent that it's basically just a cartoon with better animation (let's just say that the human acting in many of these cases is worse than cartoonish).

It's one thing to jump mediums - taking a comic book --> movie but I find the mining of old tv shows to have more to do with Hollywood's creative laziness than anything else. Of course, so long as people go see these flicks, that's all that matters.

I'm trying to imagine what a live-action Thundercats would look like and I can't imagine it not being super duper campy.

True but to me the whole point of cartoons of comics was to animate what we already imagined, now we're doing it the way we probably really saw it in our heads, not as a cartoon.

I agree laziness does come into play with the studios but not so much with the directors or computer graphics people lately which I fully appreciate. It's nice to see something like Transformers done the way it was as opposed to the first live action Spider Man on tv. haha

and yes Thundercats would be MAD corny live.

Nova on the other hand, would be ill. I always dug his helmet that was indestructible and turned to cloth when he took it off.

This looks atrocious. Then again, I thought "V is for Vendetta" turned out to be a better film that I initially would have guessed.

This looks atrocious. Then again, I thought "V is for Vendetta" turned out to be a better film that I initially would have guessed.

ditto on both but I just saw an extended trailer for Speed Racer in the theater recently that changed my mind and now I want to see it BAD.

• This is some fanboy shit, but looks decent.

Man-Thing also helps promote my night. What a hero.

IMG SRC="http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/761/kraken2012fw1.jpg" />

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    since we're on the subject...the GI Joe flick looks like a hot steaming turd. I had high hopes after seeing those Snake Eyes pics, but these?

they just shot this here in Albuquerque, looks like it might be pretty good...

http://www.mycityscreams.com/index2.html?swf=video

• minneapminneap 541 Posts

really?

• dayday 9,611 Posts

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts

That looks awful.