Iron Man

dayday 9,611 Posts
edited May 2008 in Strut Central
Am I the only one hype to see this?

Comments

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    NO! If I didn't have to spin I would be there for the first showing!

• Imperial_MaoImperial_Mao 1,119 Posts
    Can't wait !!!

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

• GrandfatherGrandfather 2,303 Posts
    just copped my tickets on fandango!

Compared to Batman Begins (70) and Sin City (74), that's not bad at all!

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    I wonder how the new Hulk film will fare.

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
    im super excited about the new indiana jones movie. not so much the iron man.

• HairyBelafonteHairyBelafonte 1,202 Posts

NO!!!

I wonder how the new Hulk film will fare.

Can't be much worse than the first.

Wait, Iron Man is being released tonight at 8pm?!!!

http://gizmodo.com/386082/iron-man-to-be-released-today-at-8pm

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    Wait, Iron Man is being released tonight at 8pm?!!!

http://gizmodo.com/386082/iron-man-to-be-released-today-at-8pm

yeah, the tiny ass theatre in my neighborhood has had sign on the marquee saying "IRON MAN -THURS." since last friday...

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts

NO!!!

plaese be to the serious.

P.S.

Thanks for the drill.

grow up dudes

• prof_rockwellprof_rockwell 2,867 Posts
    ahhhh, technology. Helping Hollywood bring all of our childhood fantasies come to life.

In other news, Sir Ian McKellen is rumored to be reprising his role as Gandalf in the Guillermo del Toro version of The Hobbit.

• UnconSciUnconSci 824 Posts
    Guillermo del Toro is doing the hobbit? DAMN thats gonna be awesome. I hope he doesn't go too over the top and turn it into some new willy wonka overly dark shit. Damn... thats exciting stuff.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    Hell yes. and this one gets my money as well:

• prof_rockwellprof_rockwell 2,867 Posts
    Guillermo del Toro is doing the hobbit? DAMN thats gonna be awesome. I hope he doesn't go too over the top and turn it into some new willy wonka overly dark shit. Damn... thats exciting stuff.

yup. after the fallout between Peter Jackson and the studio, he backed out of directing and is now just producing it with his wifey. there was a blurb on the front of yahoo yesterday about the Sir McKellen rumors.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts

Compared to Batman Begins (70) and Sin City (74), that's not bad at all!

Rotten Tomatoes = 95% (!!!)

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
    Im gee'd up for this, that and the new Wolverine movie. I m expecting Ironman to be more darker and mature, rather than some cheesy sfx shit, only cus Robert Downing Jr is in it.

Im wondering, why didnt they get Ghostface to do the soundtrack? Now that would be killer.

• Im wondering, why didnt they get Ghostface to do the soundtrack? Now that would be killer.

4 reelzz!!Still I think its gonna be a dope flik..

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    [quoteIm wondering, why didnt they get Ghostface to do the soundtrack? Now that would be killer.
    As much as i like GF. IronMan is a 40+ year old character., and its not like the Prince/Batman scenario where Prince is a household name. GF aint like that.

But he will be on the DVD release cause they shot some footage w/ him. So Marvel does know his popularity w/ a certain demographic.

• karlophonekarlophone 1,697 Posts
    totally hitting the midnite show tomorrow night! only regret is i want to see it on the imax screen but i dont think its avail around here.

• seen it.

Im gonna check this shit at noon at my local spot. Im scurred that a gang of elementary schools are gonna be lined up to see this.

• bobbydeebobbydee 849 Posts

Im wondering, why didnt they get RZA[/b] to do the soundtrack? Now that would be killer.

• Did anyone go see the one time showing of "This American Life" movie last night?

For that matter, did any of the Gotham peeps actually go to watch the show at NYU?

I tend to think this quote can pertain to the radio (TAL) as well as print.

"The imagination circuit is taught to respond to the most minimal of cues. A book is an arrangement of 26 phonetic symbols, 10 numerals, and about 8 punctuation marks, and people can cast their eyes over these envision the eruption of Mt. Vesuvius or the Battle of Waterloo. But it's no longer necessary for teachers and parents to build these circuits. Now there are professionally produced shows with great actors, very convincing sets, sound and music. Now there's the information highway. We don't need the circuits any more than we need to know how to ride horses. Those of us who had imagination circuits built can look in someone's face and see stories there; to everyone else, a face will just be a face."

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,085 Posts
    They were filming off studio, pre-production parts of this near a summer job of mine at a construction site in Playa Vista. Damn set designers leaving screws and nails everywhere cost me a couple of tires. The movie looks good and I'm not a comic book nerd. I did get down with those Capcom video games back in the mid-90s, though.

7.5 and stay past the credits for some EXTRA TEASER SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    what was the teaser shit?war machine?

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    i think this flick would have been waaay better if they didn't get foggy nelson to direct. that swingers shit in the beggining gets the