so I just erased my wife's iPod

dayday 9,611 Posts
edited April 2008 in Strut Central
Fuck fuck FUCK an ipod. I have no idea what even happened. I went to put some TV shows I bought from itunes on there and next thing I know it's blank. I can't even put any music on it now. WTF?! Anybody know what happened?

Comments

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    Anybody know what happened?

I don't know, man, I wasn't paying attention. I was in the bathroom.

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    you've been entirely too cool and put out way too much dope music so this is lifes little way of balancing things out. hahaha.

ok ok I keed, I have no idea what happened.

• dayday 9,611 Posts

Fuck it. The "manually manage songs" thing wasn't checked. I have no idea how it got UNchecked but oh well. Not much I can do now. And it's her birthday too!

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    did you try the "restore" button?

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    too bad life doesnt have a ctrl-z amirite

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    Sounds like it probably synced to your machine. When you sync an ipod to a new machine it erases everything. It's a great idea really, it keeps people from sharing music iillegally. There is also a setting that will cause your weed stash to spontaneoulsy combust. I really like that one.

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts

I was just thinking this.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    She's being surprisingly cool about it. I hope I don't catch a Bobbit in my sleep

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

I was just thinking this.

You know how many times I think that during the week?

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    I hope I don't catch a Bobbit in my sleep

You know how many times I think that during the week?

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

Fuck it. The "manually manage songs" thing wasn't checked. I have no idea how it got UNchecked but oh well. Not much I can do now. And it's her birthday too!

Great selection of thingamajigs there, duder!

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts

I always hated that function...that sync shit is bull! Itunes is a pain in the ass.

while I'm at it I hate the employees in the apple store. They've been drinkin some Jim Jones apple kool aid.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts

• I was messing with my wife's ipod this weekend, and as much as I love the video she has, updating the new iPods is a b-i-t-c-h. What the fuck is this syncing bullshit??? Where is the drag and drop??

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    The music's probably still on your computer. Did you check your system files?

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    modern day real life problems.

• edubedub 715 Posts
    The music's probably still on your computer. Did you check your system files?

exactly - nothing's on your ipod that's not also on your computer already... right?

it's like a backup HD.

hijack: anyone find a ipod on a Jetblue flight from JFK to San Juan about a week ago??... I lost mine

• fredfadesfredfades 584 Posts
    is it the same computer that regularly has her "itunes library" on it.. or do you have two different computers?

peace

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    there's multiple computers