Anyone living a debt free lifestyle?

DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
edited April 2008 in Strut Central
The $20K thread got me wondering. Anyone really living a debt free life? No credit card debts, no mortgages, no car payments. Not talking about having more assets than debts. Just someone that straight up makes more money than they spend. Whether you have a baller job or you're just super frugal.

Comments

• The $20K thread got me wondering. Anyone really living a debt free life? No credit card debts, no mortgages, no car payments. Not talking about having more assets than debts. Just someone that straight up makes more money than they spend. Whether you have a baller job or you're just super frugal.

Currently debt free. No baller, no frugal.

• jaysusjaysus 787 Posts
    Just find an apartment that is $275/mo makes keeping up with debt a no brainer....

• The-gafflerThe-gaffler 2,190 Posts
    no credit cards, no loans, ect.

debt free

• debt free

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    debt free

• No CCs or car payments, but I do have a mortgage. That doesn't bother me, as my home is increasing in value and I'm not renting.

• no debt but no homeowner either. double edge sword.
    peace, stein. . .

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    what stein said.

• hammertimehammertime 2,389 Posts
    No not debt free, but I'd rather have a house payment than be "debt free" at this point in my life. I have never carried a credit card debt, I'm pretty proud of that.

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,085 Posts
    Debt free with the exception of a car payment that will probably be paid off by the end of this year. Being young, single and living at home helps (I pull my weight, pay my expenses and they do their thing while I do mine. Rent in L.A. is a bitch and I'm not too crazy about living with people I met on Craigslist), but I was raised to live strictly within my means. Expensive electronic toys, a closet full of expensive clothes and shoes, spending triple digits on dinners, thousands in tuition to learn things I can learn for free or very cheaply...not into that and will never be.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    no debt but no homeowner either. double edge sword.
    peace, stein. . .

yup
    home buying market is looking more and more attractive these days though...

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    Not talking about having more assets than debts.

See, most people in this thread don't qualify if they even own a few raers....

• karlophonekarlophone 1,697 Posts
    no debts here, but i do have very righteous 'rents to thank for having no school loan to pay off. Without that burden, everything else has been manageable for the last 8+ years.

• 1219197712191977 323 Posts
    F U no debt people.

• rookrook 357 Posts
    i don't own a credit card/don't have a checking account/and paid cash to attend the university. i have absolutely no debt. i need a house though.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    In debt, but I have a nice big house and a gas guzzling SUV with a backup camera.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Yo,

Debt is my antonym!!! I only have car payments.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    no debt but no homeowner either. double edge sword.
    peace, stein. . .

yup
    home buying market is looking more and more attractive these days though...

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    i will be in a few months unless something shiny i want pops up on ebay on the cheap

• matamaticmatamatic 488 Posts
    I'm getting depressed just reading this thread....

• debt-free right now, but I am going back to school in the fall... but borrowing to learn is

• PunditPundit 438 Posts
    Debt, but on the mend, gaining steam.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Living a life of denial by purchasing beyond my income. Fun though.

• shooteralishooterali 1,591 Posts
    Just find an apartment that is $275/mo makes keeping up with debt a no brainer....

APT for 275 a month!!! where do you live??? A modest place here in Atlanta goes for well over 700 and that will get you 555 square feet at the most.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    I owe a small amount but plan to own roughly $7000+, by the end of this year.

• djrdjr 511 Posts

I remember those days.....prior to getting married and buying a house......thankfully, we do not have any credit card debt, though.

• motorcycle, car and flat cost me a lot but fuck it! one day all the ish will belong to me

• erewhonerewhon 1,123 Posts
    No CCs or car payments, but I do have a mortgage. That doesn't bother me, as my home is increasing in value and I'm not renting.

I've never owned a car and haven't had a credit card in more than 12 years. I just bought a house, but I agree that paying a mortgage does not feel the same as being in debt, because it is making money in the long run.

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    I have a mortage that will drag me in to the grave. So, no. Not debt free.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    I only have student loan debt. Still, that's enough for me.