Anyone living a debt free lifestyle?

2»

Comments

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    I only have student loan debt. Still, that's enough for me.

Question:

Why is it that Congress drags oil execs in front of hearings about huge profits/high prices but I have never seen/heard of our politicos attacking out-of-control HIGHER EDUCATION COSTS?

Biggest scam going, IMO, and getting more out of reach for people everyday, and the lack of access to higher education has a more devastating effect on our economy/society than $5/gallon gas, and it's been going on for a while.

End thread hijack.

• I have a mortgage that will drag me in to the grave. So, no. Not debt free.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    I have federal student loans, which I've consolidated. I could pay them off tomorrow, but the interest rate is so low that it makes more sense to invest the money.

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    Just find an apartment that is $275/mo makes keeping up with debt a no brainer....

APT for 275 a month!!! where do you live??? A modest place here in Atlanta goes for well over 700 and that will get you 555 square feet at the most.

Spill it bro, how can I do this?

I'd gladly move into a place that goes for $275 a month, shit I pay 350 and live at home.

for serious,

- spidey

• djkingottodjkingotto 1,704 Posts
    debt free (or about to be) all except for a mortgage....

• ZEN2ZEN2 1,540 Posts
    Just find an apartment that is $275/mo makes keeping up with debt a no brainer....

APT for 275 a month!!! where do you live??? A modest place here in Atlanta goes for well over 700 and that will get you 555 square feet at the most.

Spill it bro, how can I do this?

I'd gladly move into a place that goes for $275 a month, shit I pay 350 and live at home.

for serious,

- spidey

Had a place for $225 a month in Wichita, KS... but that place was a real shitbox and the neighborhood was mad suspect???all duplexes originally used as temporary military family housing during WWII. Instead of tearing them down the gov't sold them off to shady slumlords that painted them annoying neon colors over the years with donated paint.

Pink, purple, & yellow duplexes full of roaches and crackpipes =