Can someone prevent me from hattin Stevie Wonder?

batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
edited April 2008 in Strut Central
I recently turned on the radio, before I went to bed, to set my Clock radio and Stevie's As was on....I had to shut it off immediately. I need to return to his albums and play some album cuts or ill just explode if i hear another one of his "classics" again. There was a time when it didnt matter. The shits were so fuckin good, I could still find parts w/in the "classics" that can remind me of dudes talent.But damn, sometimes it just hurts to hear his shit sometimes.Please to restore my hunger.

Comments

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,896 Posts

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    Der jointt:

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Recalling his live talkbox rendition of La La Means I Love You will always do the trick for me.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Dog I went through this shit like maybe 4 or 5 years ago, but this too shall pass. Funny thing is I went through a semi "hatting" period like you're talking about on Bob Marley. But today on VH1 they had a documentary about the making of "Catch A Fire" and I pretty much had to check myself on some "What the fuck was I thinking" type shit.

Say word.

• ZekeZeke 221 Posts

• DeegreezDeegreez 804 Posts

kind of elevated this formerly crappy jam with the talkbox.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    And anybody who slips into ambivalent thought about Mr. Brown should pick up this newly-released book.

I just picked it up at the J-Rocc/Breakestra tribute show in L.A. this weekend.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Dog I went through this shit like maybe 4 or 5 years ago, but this too shall pass. Funny thing is I went through a semi "hatting" period like you're talking about on Bob Marley. But today on VH1 they had a documentary about the making of "Catch A Fire" and I pretty much had to check myself on some "What the fuck was I thinking" type shit.

Say word.

No doubt. It was a passing thought at best. I just need to pull out my Wonder stash and revist some other shit.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Yeah put on "Black Man" of "If It's Magic" and you'll be straight.

Yeah put on "Black Man" of "If It's Magic" and you'll be straight.

SATURN

• tecatetecate 73 Posts
    um, yeah Stevie is only the greatest musician of all time, plus he's cool as fuck in person:

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts

Even a song you've heard waaaaaaay to many times....
    can get a new lease on life when you see shit like this.

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    yo....stevie in full and total motherfuckin control

U see...Ive seen all this shit. Hot yes, but im just overdosed w/ the usual Funky Steve Wonder.

Im gonna invstigate the latter Stevie just for research sake. Skeletons,Jermaine jackson joints, and the rest. Drunk Drivin' Stevie. I need a new twist.

• nessness 249 Posts
    go earlier

contract of love
    stevie on the beach
    the jazz soul of little stevie
    fingertips

go earlier ...............Stevie On The Beach

I will check.

• nessness 249 Posts
    go earlier ...............Stevie On The Beach

I will check.

correction: stevie at the beach.

tribute to uncle ray is a sleeper too. people pass that one up. his redition of standards even on that one. the one that always gets me when i'm like this dude is played is the green cover one with the punch out letters cover.

music of my mind.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Mix it up with songs for other artists?

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    This song jumped me off to relistening to my Stevie stuff.

http://www.undergroundhiphop.com/audio/detail.asp?ID=12277&Audio=Yosaku-Future-Paradise-Plug-Label

Talk about a SUMMER anthem.

- spidey

• when you hatt Stevie, you hatt yourself

• This song jumped me off to relistening to my Stevie stuff.

http://www.undergroundhiphop.com/audio/detail.asp?ID=12277&Audio=Yosaku-Future-Paradise-Plug-Label

Talk about a SUMMER anthem.

- spidey

me and my dudes put out that record. are you going to know turn it into beandip and/or delete the mp3?

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    I'm gonna give yosaku his props, and give you a sweaty ballsack to swing from.

- spidey

• zlatorogzlatorog 66 Posts
    whenever I'm down on life, I watch Stevie play drums...