Phil Collins retires

The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
edited April 2008 in Strut Central
He is susserious!Take a look at him now: http://www.nme.com/news/genesis/36215this calls for a celebration...Beers are on me!

Comments

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    THANK GOD!!!

I can smell a comeback though.

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    First he quits the UK to spend more time with his money and now he retires from music. I can't go on.

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts
    The interview quotes Collins as saying he is more interested in his collection of memorabilia from the Battle Of The Alamo than music.

You know he's outbidding everyone on battleofalamodiggers.com - he'll pay double shipping too.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    This is the best news since Satan announced he is no longer harvesting souls.

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    He's gonna be back sooner than you think. If they ANNOUNCE that they're retiring, then you know they won't! If they just kinda slowly fade away, like Patti Smith or Garth Brooks, then you know they're serious about avoiding the spotlight.

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts
    my sole beef with him was his key role in the proliferation of gated reverb on snares.

makes me wanna puke.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    my sole beef with him was his key role in the proliferation of gated reverb on snares.

makes me wanna puke.

I ride.

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    He's gonna be back sooner than you think. If they ANNOUNCE that they're retiring, then you know they won't! If they just kinda slowly fade away, like Patti Smith or Garth Brooks, then you know they're serious about avoiding the spotlight.

Yea, they announce it to see what the public reaction is for one last over-priced farewell tour.

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    "Genesis man will longer tour or record"

Ahhhh, the crack and Budweiser influenced editor at NME

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    "Genesis man will longer tour or record"

Ahhhh, the crack and Budweiser influenced editor at NME

when was the last time he put out a record?

and did it sell?

ill bet to some people he may as well be retired already

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    lies...

• He's gonna be back sooner than you think. If they ANNOUNCE that they're retiring, then you know they won't! If they just kinda slowly fade away, like Patti Smith or Garth Brooks, then you know they're serious about avoiding the spotlight.

i WISH patti smith retired...here is a tracklist of her latest covers album that i have the pleasure of hearing once or twice a month at work

1. Are You Experienced?
    2. Everybody Wants To Rule The World
    3. Helpless
    4. Gimme Shelter
    5. Within You Without You
    6. White Rabbit
    7. Changing Of The Guards
    8. The Boy In The Bubble
    9. Soul Kitchen
    10. Smells Like Teen Spirit
    11. Midnight Rider
    12. Pastime Paradise

and yes it is worse than it looks, at least 10 of those tracks makes me want to vomit.

and yeah Phil Collins is coming back back like Jordan wearing the 45...

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    This is truly a sad day for one Mr. D.C.

• I got no beef with phil. It has become fashionable to hate on dude, and predictably the aged non-street and non-paid peoples of soulstrut are furiously hobbling after that bandwagon.

The truth of the matter is that no-one can hate on shit like easy lover and in the air tonight. It's impossible, and anyone who tries is merely exposing their hipsterness.

• The truth of the matter is that no-one can hate on shit like easy lover...

Very popular with the hiphop crowd, i understand:

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    FONT SIZE=7>STOP HATTING ON PHILL!/FONT>

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    and yeah Phil Collins is coming back back like Jordan wearing the 45...

Phil Collins = Jordan of Rock???

I wanna know when he bacame hatted on? As a teen a had acquaintences who listened to Genesis. In high school he had his big solo run. By the time i got to college music was changing and he wasnt mentioned like he was, but was always respected.

Is he part of some other rock catagory that cats cant fuck w/?

And is Peter Gabriel's run hatted the same way?

Hard Rockists dont fuck w/ him? He seems to be at least a little more tolerable that Bill Joel.