Cops Aquitted of All Charges In Sean Bell Case

1235»

Comments

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    i wouldn't trade places with these dudes for a million dollars a year.

why not ?

Quite simply because there are some jobs that I would not take for any amount of money and being a NYC cop is one of them.

Yeah, you just want to talk like a cop and then hide behind actual cops as they enforce your overbearing rules of life.

Yeah, I'm real fluent in "cop talk".

Actually, I wouldn't want the responsibility of protecting assholes like you who disrespect all authority and the justice system as a whole.

No cop has ever "protected" me.

Plus, why should "authority" be respected? Simply because it demands it unreasonably?

Respect is to be earned.

I was 15 once too.

I'm 36, with a wife, a child, a home I own, a fulltime job, a charitable foundation I run...respect is still to be earned.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

why not ?

Quite simply because there are some jobs that I would not take for any amount of money and being a NYC cop is one of them.

Yeah, you just want to talk like a cop and then hide behind actual cops as they enforce your overbearing rules of life.

Actually, I wouldn't want the responsibility of protecting assholes like you who disrespect all authority and the justice system as a whole.

Plus, why should "authority" be respected? Simply because it demands it unreasonably?

Respect is to be earned.

I was 15 once too.

I'm 36, with a wife, a child, a home I own, a fulltime job, a charitable foundation I run...respect is still to be earned.

True, but if someone breaks into your house who u gonna call?

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

why not ?

Respect is to be earned.

I was 15 once too.

His posse.

• theory9theory9 1,128 Posts
    Why you feel it necessary to split hairs here is beyond me.

Fuck is it to you if people want to vent justifiable anger? People are talking about police injustice and you're trying to argue legal code?

People are venting anger over a LEGAL DECISION. Its not like the events just happened last night, and i came on here talkin' about - lets forget how f*cked up this is, you all should be ashamed of yourselves for not considering whether this is technically manslaughter under the new york criminal code.

seriously, gtfohwtbs. the thread is about the LEGAL acquittal, not the events. sorry for being relevant.

Yes, and we as Americans understand all too well that LEGAL decisions represent just that, not decisions based on right or wrong. You're a douchebag, except for douchebags serve a positive purpose.

smith & wesson

spare me the tuff guy stuff. if u come home to an empty driveway is your gun collectron gonna find the car?

smith & wesson

few months back some fools did try to break into my house & i caught them, got my strap & chased them around for about 20mins in my ride, they lost me im sad to say but lucky for them, but my 1st instinct was not cops but im gonna get these fools, the neighbors called the cops cuz they heard the noise & shit, i leave calling cops to my neighbors they are good at it.

In Texas there is a law called the Castle Doctrine......you break in to my house, I can kill you.......I chase you a few blocks away and THEN kill you.....I'm going to jail.

smith & wesson

spare me the tuff guy stuff. if u come home to an empty driveway is your gun collectron gonna find the car?

eventually just like the last time...
    no tuff guy stuff just being real, you take my shit & i find you, its on

I tend to think the same way.......in the late 70's there was a dude here in Dallas who had his record collection stolen.....he found them in a Pawn Shop and was able to track down the thief.......he killed him and was sent to State Prison where he died in the 90's......I think I would have just been happy to get my collection back and turn the thief over to the evil police so he could get a taste of the evil justice system.

smith & wesson

u should be a cop

smith & wesson

u should be a cop

smith & wesson

Like the cops are going to find the car?

Cops can certainly be useful, and they certainly should be useful. But in my experience, they are like 95% not useful and about 75% dangerous to ever come in contact with.

My friend just the other day got stopped for jaywalking. The cops swore he had a warrant out on him (he didn't), so they then made sure to break the laptop (that he uses to produce beats and thus his only form of income) he was carrying, throw him in jail for the night only to then admit in the morning that he did not indeed have a warrant out on him.

I've called the cops over people breaking into my car and stealing bikes and such over the years...and it has never amounted to anything. In fact, we know exactly who has been breaking into our cars in my neighborhood and the cops refuse to actually do anything about him. I saw him walking down the street in broad daylight just the other day.

If someone broke into my house, I probably would report it...but I wouldn't expect it to do a damned bit of good. And frankly, maybe I wouldn't report it...because I don't want to bring cops to my house to only try to flip the script (as they so typically do) and start scrutinizing me and what I may or may not keep in my house.

It's a bad situation for sure...but it is hardly my doing.

smith & wesson

seriously though, getting caught slipping while away to find your ride gone is quite different than say commin' home while they are trying to take it, lets be honest only reason to call cops for a stolen car is for insurance reasons, since very doubtful they will recover your car.

Oh no doubt. I'd say smear a muthafucka,but certain situations i think envolve cops regardless. Just Sayin.

smith & wesson

few months back some fools did try to break into my house & i caught them, got my strap & chased them around for about 20mins in my ride, they lost me im sad to say but lucky for them, but my 1st instinct was not cops but im gonna get these fools, the neighbors called the cops cuz they heard the noise & shit, i leave calling cops to my neighbors they are good at it.

In Texas there is a law called the Castle Doctrine......you break in to my house, I can kill you.......I chase you a few blocks away and THEN kill you.....I'm going to jail.

J. Kapone didn't. About a year ago, fools broke into his house where a gun fight ensued. 3 of the 4 intruders fled out the back and the fourth, a really fat dude, was left to run out the front...where J and his couple of friends chased him down to the next driveway and beat him over the head to death.

smith & wesson

Like the cops are going to find the car?

Cops can certainly be useful, and they certainly should be useful. But in my experience, they are like 95% not useful and about 75% dangerous to ever come in contact with.

My friend just the other day got stopped for jaywalking. The cops swore he had a warrant out on him (he didn't), so they then made sure to break the laptop (that he uses to produce beats and thus his only form of income) he was carrying, throw him in jail for the night only to then admit in the morning that he did not indeed have a warrant out on him.

I've called the cops over people breaking into my car and stealing bikes and such over the years...and it has never amounted to anything. In fact, we know exactly who has been breaking into our cars in my neighborhood and the cops refuse to actually do anything about him. I saw him walking down the street in broad daylight just the other day.

If someone broke into my house, I probably would report it...but I wouldn't expect it to do a damned bit of good. And frankly, maybe I wouldn't report it...because I don't want to bring cops to my house to only try to flip the script (as they so typically do) and start scrutinizing me and what I may or may not keep in my house.

It's a bad situation for sure...but it is hardly my doing.

My pops was a cop, so im not "too shook" by the culture. But he damn sure let me know that the game is different for Black Men out here. And he knows how insidious muthafuckas can be, and never let me forget that im a public enemy, regardless of his affiliation.

smith & wesson

J. Kapone didn't. About a year ago, fools broke into his house where a gun fight ensued. 3 of the 4 intruders fled out the back and the fourth, a really fat dude, was left to run out the front...where J and his couple of friends chased him down to the next driveway and beat him over the head to death.

The Castle Doctrine was passed in March of '08.....better late than never.

smith & wesson

thats what im sayin! i used to jack cars, stereos all kina shit & had i got caught by the owner i would have expected him to beat my ass too & if i would have passed on from it, would only have myself to blame.

Serious question....would you have expected to get your ass beat by a Cop if he was the one who caught you??

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts
    Why you feel it necessary to split hairs here is beyond me.

Fuck is it to you if people want to vent justifiable anger? People are talking about police injustice and you're trying to argue legal code?

People are venting anger over a LEGAL DECISION. Its not like the events just happened last night, and i came on here talkin' about - lets forget how f*cked up this is, you all should be ashamed of yourselves for not considering whether this is technically manslaughter under the new york criminal code.

seriously, gtfohwtbs. the thread is about the LEGAL acquittal, not the events. sorry for being relevant.

Yes, and we as Americans understand all too well that LEGAL decisions represent just that, not decisions based on right or wrong. You're a douchebag, except for douchebags serve a positive purpose.

First of all, anyone who is making this personal with me - you guys are CLOWNS. I never said a thing about the cops being justified, i didn't even offer my opinion on that. The issue was how they could have been found not guilty, and I tried to shed some light on that. If you wanna throw shots at me for questioning why everyone just assumed that the judge was wrong, 'go head, i've defended a guy who was accused of rape where the entire county believed he did it, but he didn't, and the alleged victim eventually recanted. So, from first hand experience, the court of public opinion is often DEAD WRONG.

Second, if you read the judge's opinion and the surrounding facts of the case, and want to say he is full of sh*t, go 'head, but if your too lazy to do that, then please don't come at me talkin' about "i'm a piece of shit", for understanding what your too lazy and stupid to comprehend. My posts had nothing to do with voicing an opinion on whether the officers' conduct was right or wrong.

Batmon......was your Dad a "good cop"??

Did he try to help and protect people??

I assume he was and that he did.....and I would be pretty pissed seeing people say "Fuck All Cops" if my Dad was one.

My pops was a cop, so im not "too shook" by the culture. But he damn sure let me know that the game is different for Black Men out here. And he knows how insidious muthafuckas can be, and never let me forget that im a public enemy, regardless of his affiliation.

your pops sounds like a very wise man

I got bagged by NYPD for scraping in the street. My pops had to come down to the preceint and practically beg the desk sargeant to release me from custody cause he knew if i got processed, my life options were to be compromised. Dude was crazy pissed and wanted me to stop my DJ gig.

On the real,this Bell case is some fucked up shit, but im not surprised.

smith & wesson

thats what im sayin! i used to jack cars, stereos all kina shit & had i got caught by the owner i would have expected him to beat my ass too & if i would have passed on from it, would only have myself to blame.

Serious question....would you have expected to get your ass beat by a Cop if he was the one who caught you??

actually thats easy for me to answer. Since COPS are supposed to be the medium of sorts i would expect them to detain me & arrest me, unless i was resisting, they would have no reason to beat my ass. Now if the property owner caught me i feel thats a different element, it was "THEIR" shit so there would be more passion involved ie an ass kicking. so no i wouldnt expect a cop to beat my ass unless i gave him a reason.

I agree....and the great majority of the time this is how it goes down.

your pops sounds like a very wise man

I got bagged by NYPD for scraping in the street. My pops had to come down to the preceint and practically beg the desk sargeant to release me from custody cause he knew if i got processed, my life options were to be compromised. Dude was crazy pissed and wanted me to stop my DJ gig.

On the real,this Bell case is some fucked up shit, but im not surprised.

ANY cop who breaks the law should be punished.

There are plenty of ex-NYC Cops, of all ethnicities and races, currently spending time in prison.

From what I've read about the Bell case the three cops should have been immediately fired and subsequently punished.

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts
    you all should be ashamed of yourselves for not considering whether this is technically manslaughter under the new york criminal code.

Truly unbelievable. I am in awe.

Folks are really out of line for discussing this situation like an actual tragedy that happened to real people, and not just another court exercise? In fact, those people are the ones who should be ashamed of themselves?

I don't think that it is we who lack shame.

how are fools this stupid! your quotation skips the part where i say "its not like i came in here saying" [insert your out of context quote] after the events happened, and not as a response to a thread about a f*cking legal decision.

I assume he was and that he did.....and I would be pretty pissed seeing people say "Fuck All Cops" if my Dad was one.

Yes. He used the Police Department to help him develop his Double Dutch Project.
    As a patrolman he saw mad girls jumping Double Dutch out in the streets. He saw this as an opportunity to help young Black & Latino girls have somethin' to reach for. So he took a street game and made it into a sport. The NYPD backed him by providing PAL spaces and public space. Too this day, a good handfull of cats that help him run this are from the Black Police Union(i forget the tech name).

I grew up w/ cops doin good shit for the community as well as seein str8 bullshit.
    Double Dutch is now dominated by the Japanese and White kids....its all to the good, the culture has spread, and my pop's police affliliation helped this shit.

He wasnt no robot. I have no problem when cats hatt on cops. Its instinctual.
    As much as Im a KRS-One Fan his Black Cop song, i feel doesnt apply to my dad.

you all should be ashamed of yourselves for not considering whether this is technically manslaughter under the new york criminal code.

Folks are really out of line for discussing this situation like an actual tragedy that happened to real people, and not just another court exercise? In fact, those people are the ones who should be ashamed of themselves?

how are fools this stupid! your quotation skips the part where i say "its not like i came in here saying" [insert your out of context quote] after the events happened, and not as a response to a thread about a f*cking legal decision.

Bro, u need to chill. U cant expect cats to react in some cold non-emotional way.

Yes. He used the Police Department to help him develop his Double Dutch Project.
    As a patrolman he saw mad girls jumping Double Dutch out in the streets. He saw this as an opportunity to help young Black & Latino girls have somethin' to reach for. So he took a street game and made it into a sport. The NYPD backed him by providing PAL spaces and public space. Too this day, a good handfull of cats that help him run this are from the Black Police Union(i forget the tech name).

I grew up w/ cops doin good shit for the community as well as seein str8 bullshit.
    Double Dutch is now dominated by the Japanese and White kids....its all to the good, the culture has spread, and my pop's police affliliation helped this shit.

He wasnt no robot. I have no problem when cats hatt on cops. Its instinctual.
    As much as Im a KRS-One Fan his Black Cop song, i feel doesnt apply to my dad.

Fuckin' eh.....my Dad was not a Cop but was the volunteer head of the Nassau Police Boys Club(PBC) for almost 15 years.....I know there are dickehead cops... I had my fair share of run-ins with them.....but I also saw the cops that spent their weekends taking kids fishing, to Mets games, etc., etc....not unlike your Dad.

I agree with Harvey that people need to earn respect, but when some assholes simply disrespect you because you wear a uniform, even the good ones can't earn their respect. I don't expect people to understand this at 15, but by 36 you should.

Cheers to your Dad.

• UnconSciUnconSci 824 Posts
    You guys are really irrational.

This is a tragedy, but why discuss some shit on a message board if you don't want to actually discuss it.

Unless you were there... you have no idea what happened. So assuming you understand is fine, but your assuming. Fuck those cops from what I've read on the internet, heard in conversations, and saw on television. But everything has bias so I honestly dont know what happened.

Cops are generally shady from my standpoint, I see a lot of racism with police. Police are legally allowed to act on assumptions, if you have racist cops their assumptions are going to lead them to see minorities as dangerous... and If a cop thinks he is genuinely in danger he can act. Is that right?

Shit... our society definitely has massive racial stratification. Its kinda just how things are. Everyone who is up in arms should work to change shit. I just think everyone is too lazy to really fix things, on all sides.

I just don't get this.

You guys are mad because the police got off free right? Or are you mad because they killed sean bell?

I think if you wanna discuss the first one... You need a bit of rationality or its a stupid game of assumptions and misplaced anger.

But really. Fuck those cops nobody should be shot under assumption.

I feel horrible though that this happened. I hope his family can heal and I have my heart out for them.

You guys are really irrational.

This is a tragedy, but why discuss some shit on a message board if you don't want to actually discuss it.

Unless you were there... you have no idea what happened. So assuming you understand is fine, but your assuming. Fuck those cops from what I've read on the internet, heard in conversations, and saw on television. But everything has bias so I honestly dont know what happened.

Cops are generally shady from my standpoint, I see a lot of racism with police. Police are legally allowed to act on assumptions, if you have racist cops their assumptions are going to lead them to see minorities as dangerous... and If a cop thinks he is genuinely in danger he can act. Is that right?

Shit... our society definitely has massive racial stratification. Its kinda just how things are. Everyone who is up in arms should work to change shit. I just think everyone is too lazy to really fix things, on all sides.

I just don't get this.

You guys are mad because the police got off free right? Or are you mad because they killed sean bell?

I think if you wanna discuss the first one... You need a bit of rationality or its a stupid game of assumptions and misplaced anger.

But really. Fuck those cops nobody should be shot under assumption.

I feel horrible though that this happened. I hope his family can heal and I have my heart out for them.

HUH?

• SnagglepusSnagglepus 1,756 Posts

OK ... I misread that line. I guess I see you presenting yourself like a prick consistently enough on this site that I wouldn't put it past you to say something like that.

My mistake.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    if you read the judge's opinion and the surrounding facts of the case, and want to say he is full of sh*t, go 'head.

I have ...and he is