Cratediggers.com ????? WTF??

Comments

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    The name stays - that is one thing I refuse to budge on.
    If the site is gona be called Cratediggers.com you might as well just sell records that have samples on them (which btw has already been done by other sites) ...

Do you think someone who is looking through crates is only looking for sample??? Please. Pickwick looks through crates.

• CR8DGRSCR8DGRS 76 Posts
    The focus is function.

Think of CrateDiggers in the general sense. I've talked with the crusty dudes - they keep their records in crates too.

• Regarding the name then the term cratediggers might be used in the US but not many people in Europe nor anywhere else in the world would have a clue what you're trying to do - except maybe if they're deeply involved in hip hop.

Peace,

Dress

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    Ok serious time from me too: the closed auction thing could be a goer. But you're going to need to really raise the profile of the site, and you're going to have to get some quality records to make people take interest. My advise would be find a copy of Palcebo - ball of eyes to get peoples atention!

Honestly, the best thing you can do, is spin this into a closed (non-ebay) auction site dedicated to records, and records only. People have been clammoring for this for years.

Yep, whomever cracks that will eventually become a multimillionaire after eating shit for a few years in the beginning (as with most business ventures).

...and Brix, I gotta applaud you for coming on here all cool, calm, & collected. It's really refreshing since most cats would be on some e-thug shit. I wish you luck.

Thank you my friend.

• autoauto 198 Posts
    people arent going to auction records off on your site if its not being seen by the people who are actually going to pay high prices for those records.

people arent going to take time to list records on your site if they dont view it as having longevity. thats why i brought up the advertising for your rap homies, broken links, broken emails... just makes you look like a dude trying to make a quick buck and you probably wont be around for very long.

• Is that as serious as you can be...?

That guy in the wants forum will snap that right up cause he needs it baaad!

Dress

• rascmonrascmon 441 Posts
    if you are serious about function ditch all of the flash, all of it. flash doesn't make functional sites. don't even have a flash/non flash site, that's a waste of time.

Ok serious time from me too: the closed auction thing could be a goer. But you're going to need to really raise the profile of the site, and you're going to have to get some quality records to make people take interest. My advise would be find a copy of Palcebo - ball of eyes to get peoples atention!

Ok. I am going to talk with my web guy tonight and get the closed auction in the work ASAP.

As for the records.... I found a guy who claims he has some rare records he is selling in bulk. If you want to throw some titles out there - I will be sure to check into those.

Palebo is one... anymore?

if you are serious about function ditch all of the flash, all of it. flash doesn't make functional sites. don't even have a flash/non flash site, that's a waste of time.

Any recommendations?

• autoauto 198 Posts
    agreed.. simple, easy to navigate, quick loading layout for everyone.. great search functionality like google

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
    Copy ebay, make it for records only. Don't overthink this.

You could really break shit down by genre much better than ebay though.

• ostost Montreal 1,375 Posts

This would be interesting.

Like how?

How about grading? I think what we have now is simple and straight forward.

Like how?

How about grading? I think what we have now is simple and straight forward.
    Grading is a bad idea because unfotunately lots of sellers don't know how to do so... even very reknown ones .

How for genres - I meant. Now how as in copying ebay.

Any recommendations?
    well if you or whoever works on your site will be able to build an automated auction system then i would hope that they know css and html as well. otherwise, hire a better dude

Grading is a bad idea because unfotunately lots of sellers don't know how to do so... even very reknown ones .

How else would u know the condition?

• deLYSdeLYS 388 Posts

Pictures don't tell you everything. You ever go look at a house that you saw online? Pictures are deceiving.

• deLYSdeLYS 388 Posts
    ...its way less fun this way, don't ever hand me the wheel in any business but if yours were to be known for selling shit in only one exclusive kind of condition, which would you choose to have a rep for?
    bad-medium bad-medium medium-medium good-good medium-good good-good god- or

?

...its way less fun this way, don't ever hand me the wheel in any business but if yours were to be known for selling shit in only one exclusive kind of condition, which would you choose to have a rep for?
    bad-medium bad-medium medium-medium good-good medium-good good-good god- or

?

That sounds great - but how can you ever guarantee that? Especially when it is open to people from all over to list?

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    -----

thank you

you need

Broscoe
    Stark Realty
    Tom Scott - Honeydew Breeze

Stark Realty
    Man you misspelled it, it's Sharky Realtor

I will do my best on the record end - all I can truly guarantee you all is that I will work my ass off to get this site to the level you want it.

I like to think at that point - you guys can come through with some listings.

Stark Realty
    Man you misspelled it, it's Sharky Realtor

you talkin bout the Hardcastle's Hoagy and Sandwich Shop album? word. forgot they changed names.

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    I will do my best on the record end - all I can truly guarantee you all is that I will work my ass off to get this site to the level you want it.

I like to think at that point - you guys can come through with some listings.

I just looked at the actual site and I think it has potential. Good luck with that and respect for the way you handled yourself on here. I know we're probably your target market, but I would have given a big ass after some of these posts.

• deLYSdeLYS 388 Posts

That sounds great - but how can you ever guarantee that? Especially when it is open to people from all over to list?
    Ha, sorry I have no idea, Ive barely ever purchased a record online but there seems to be a few conceptualizations afoot, musta been confused but thats certainly the direction you should shoot for, anything but minty= headache, bad press

Sorry to haven't been any help but are plenty here with good experience- want to wish you luck since your enthusiasm is refreshing, getting to peruse your journey to this villa has been...smurfy

Never felt a more poignant moment for that adjective lol

I just looked at the actual site and I think it has potential. Good luck with that and respect for the way you handled yourself on here. I know we're probably your target market, but I would have given a big ass after some of these posts.

Thanks man. If I did that - the ship would sink fast. I don't give up.