Cratediggers.com ????? WTF??

Comments

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,080 Posts
    This reminds me of those unused .com adresses, usually entered by accident, that have those stupid stock photos. I encounted such recently at bobbyhutcherson.com and somethingweirdvideo.com

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    Dude must know about Soulstrut, as 'CEO' of his web-based company he had to have done some market research in the 5+ years his site has been in development...

Keyword research would have hipped him to SS.

Brix! where you at man?

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    Dude must know about Soulstrut, as 'CEO' of his web-based company he had to have done some market research in the 5+ years his site has been in development...

Keyword research would have hipped him to SS.

Brix! where you at man?

like he's showing up here after the caning he has received....

I reckon his business model looks seriously flawed, and if it goes tits-up he will walk away a wiser and less hubristic person.
    If it mushrooms and flourishes from this inauspicious start, somewhere down the line peeps here will be giving him props for living the dream.

• JustAliceJustAlice 1,308 Posts
    and if it goes tits-up he will walk away a wiser and less hubristic person.

Unable to connect
    Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at www.cratediggers.biz

If it mushrooms and flourishes from this inauspicious start, somewhere down the line peeps here will be giving him props for living the dream.

This I doubt. I really liked the beach scene for the GreenCr8 project...though one has to wonder how buying and selling biohazardous materials coincides with the recycling and disposal aspect. Its a little confusing, kind of like the CD Grading System.

• CR8DGRSCR8DGRS 76 Posts
    Hey, how is everyone doing?

I had the opportunity to read all your posts. I'd like to say that I respect your opinions. I can totally see it from your side, and how I must look like a complete yuppy coming in trying to sell out the culture of CrateDigging.

The truth is, I was actively selling on cratediggers.com from 2003-06 (where were you then), and took it down due to the labor intensive process of not having an automated site.

I know as well as you - that the records I have listed are lame. I never claimed to be an expert digger or to have the greatest records - this site is not meant for my records, but for the gemms true CrateDiggers like yourselves are willing to list.

If you minus myself and my records from the equation of CrateDiggers.com - you have a fully functional site that does not charge you for listing your records - that was the biz plan.

The site is far from perfect, but it's a start, and with your input and feedback it can be great.

You can continue to tear myself and site apart (which is probable more fun to you). Or we can work together to make it great. Either way you decide - I will not give up until it is right.

I regret not meeting you folks prior to launch, but it didn't happen - we had a more creative encounter.

Thanks for your time.

I have been waiting for one of you to get the courage to call me.

323.559.4189 (LA number on East coast time - figure that one out - makes as much sense as my intro).

• Options
    Hey, how is everyone doing?

I had the opportunity to read all your posts. I'd like to say that I respect your opinions. I can totally see it from your side, and how I must look like a complete yuppy coming in trying to sell out the culture of CrateDigging.

The truth is, I was actively selling on cratediggers.com from 2003-06 (where were you then), and took it down due to the labor intensive process of not having an automated site.

I know as well as you - that the records I have listed are lame. I never claimed to be an expert digger or to have the greatest records - this site is not meant for my records, but for the gemms true CrateDiggers like yourselves are willing to list.

If you minus myself and my records from the equation of CrateDiggers.com - you have a fully functional site that does not charge you for listing your records - that was the biz plan.

The site is far from perfect, but it's a start, and with your input and feedback it can be great.

You can continue to tear myself and site apart (which is probable more fun to you). Or we can work together to make it great. Either way you decide - I will not give up until it is right.

I regret not meeting you folks prior to launch, but it didn't happen - we had a more creative encounter.

Thanks for your time.

I have been waiting for one of you to get the courage to call me.

323.559.4189 (LA number on East coast time - figure that one out - makes as much sense as my intro).

I'll give you a call man, what's your steez tonight?

I'm around.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts

(sort of.)

• FYBSFYBS 271 Posts
    Damn, beat me to it.

• ostost Montreal 1,375 Posts
    I'm around.
    Welcome to the board... we were expecting you.

Glad to be here.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

Yes - I'd been waiting for Crink to poast, and here he is.

So what's up? Talk to me. You obviously don't like myself or the site.

What can we do to change how you feel about the site?

• autoauto 198 Posts
    some quick ideas

-get rid of the flash layout
    -change the front page layout
    -get rid of the intro. sounds like youre pitching to an investor or something on there instead of just talking to your target market.. people wont take your site seriously with that intro
    -explain how someone would go about recycling their vinyl on the green cr8
    -fix emails on your sites
    -fix broken links on your sites
    -stop advertising for your homeboys on your site.. gives your site less credibility to me
    -the name "crate diggers" doesnt sit right to me. maybe it alienates the older market or larger dealers who sell vinyl records and don't really "dig in a crate".. might see it as childish and not even consider selling their records through your site

some quick ideas

-get rid of the flash layout
    -change the front page layout
    -get rid of the intro. sounds like youre pitching to an investor or something on there instead of just talking to your target market.. people wont take your site seriously with that intro
    -explain how someone would go about recycling their vinyl on the green cr8
    -fix emails on your sites
    -fix broken links on your sites
    -stop advertising for your homeboys on your site.. gives your site less credibility to me
    -the name "crate diggers" doesnt sit right to me. maybe it alienates the older market or larger dealers who sell vinyl records and don't really "dig in a crate".. might see it as childish and not even consider selling their records through your site

- We will be creating a non flash version for phones and slower computers to utilize. The flash works great if you give it a chance. Try full screen mode.

- I am up for suggestions as far as page layout to make it more user friendly. I chose to model it after Windows thinking people would automatically feel comfortable with it.

- The intro wont be up much longer - the only negative response on that has been from you folks.

- I will make a better explanation for the recycling.

- Emails should be fixed as well as links

- The homeboys got the free ads until I generate enough momentum to target the big boys.

- There is no budging on the name - I have talked with many older dealers, who have all seamed to like it, and were already familiar with the term.

• Options
    The name isn't very original. D.I.T.C. (I can only hope your familiar) has been around far longer and is highly regarded in the field your trying to break in.

Another thing is you should replace the Loggins & Messina and Mantovi records with LPs someone who you think might be looking at the sight would actually want to buy.

Don't change anything about your voice though, it's a monster!

• ostost Montreal 1,375 Posts

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    Post a photo of your collection.

Another thing is you should replace the Loggins & Messina and Mantovi records with LPs someone who you think might be looking at the sight would actually want to buy.

What I should of done is, not listed any records so that it wouldn't have effected your judgment as much as it has. That way, it would have been a blank canvas for everyone. But as anyone who digs should know you have to dig threw common stock to find the rare goods. I added the common stock - I was leaving it up to true diggers to place the gemms.

I am familiar with the Diggin' In The Crates . I'm not trying to pin hole this site. I want it to be open for everyone.

Post a photo of your collection.

Whats that going to do? Your going to see a stack of vinyl I picked up from an old record store for pennies on the dollar.

You think what is on the site is junk? You should see the pile that isn't on the site - How do you think I came up with the recycle idea? When I found out what vinyl was made out of and how toxic it is to throw it out - which we have all been guilty of doing at one point. PVC is completely recyclable.

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    So... your site offers a recycling service?

So... your site offers a recycling service?

Yes. Any scratched, broken, moldy, or in any way damaged vinyl that can not be resold - we will pick up within 300 miles from our location. You can ship vinyl in as well, but that can get costly when dealing with volume.

Ideally my long term goal is to have recycling centers or at least drop points in all major cities.

I live in Australia... can you tell me what my closest drop-off point is?

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Tasmania

Like I said "Ideally my long term goal is to have recycling centers or at least drop points in all major cities."

We do not currently have any drop points. I pick them up within 300 miles - or they drop off - or ship in depending.

• Dont be too hard on the dude.

Peace,

Dress

Dont be too hard on the dude.

Peace,

Dress

Yeah!... Just because I live in Australia you won't pick up my records.

• Just send your rares...

Peace,

Dress

• Welcome to the board. Tell us more about yourself.

What rap do you like? What are some of your fav. records that you own? Are you Pro-OBama? Do you make beats?