My Son Won't Go To Bed!

RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
edited April 2008 in Strut Central
And I have been watching Noggin for like 3 hours in a row. Should I put him in a sleeper hold? Lace his sippy cup with ambien? I Really want to watch a grown up show. Advice please.

Comments

• Options
    How old is he? I always tell my nephews (5 and 7) they can have a snack if they get in they're beds. Once they're in bed and eating they usually forget they didn't want to go to bed and doze off.

Or you could introduce him to Hoagy Carmicheal's Music Shop on the portable, this will exhaust his mind for sure.

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    watch your grown up show. he'll get bored and will go to sleep.

play some modern soul or tepid fusion.should induce a coma

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Yep...sounds like my every other evening. Those shows on Noggin are damned good though...at least Franklin and Little Bill.

My advice would be get him jumping on his bed or something so that he can wear himself out for that last leg before giving in to sleep.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    "Go to bed, NOW!"

i remember warm milk and honey being sleep inducing

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    damn, i wonder what id be like now if my parents were afraid to be firm with me and make me go to bed.

damn, i wonder what id be like now if my parents were afraid to be firm with me and make me go to bed.

• "Go to bed, NOW!"

That SO doesn't work. After a story, and a reasonable amount of chit chat I tell my son I'll stay in the room, put on my iPod headphones and fall asleep myself. By the time I wake up he's snoozing away.

Go to bed, NOW!"

That SO doesn't work.

I know this going to morph into "How do u teach ur children thread."

Of course as a kid i was always wired and didnt want to go to bed when i was told alot of times, but my parents werent hearin that.

• childrens benedryl lol

i dont know what noggins is

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
    Yep...sounds like my every other evening. Those shows on Noggin are damned good though...at least Franklin and Little Bill.

My advice would be get him jumping on his bed or something so that he can wear himself out for that last leg before giving in to sleep.

Yeah some crazy play works for us about half the time. Sometimes she gets tuckered out, others it
    just winds her up that much more. Cosign on the Little Bill, Franklin gets on my nerves.

doesnt this teach kids that if they dont want to do something, Daddy will play games with them until THEY WANT to go to bed, or eat their vegetables. kids are spoiled these days.

imagine being a kid and you won't go to bed, your father gets out the ball and plays catch until you are willing to do what they say??

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
    doesnt this teach kids that if they dont want to do something, Daddy will play games with them until THEY WANT to go to bed, or eat their vegetables. kids are spoiled these days.

imagine being a kid and you won't go to bed, your father gets out the ball and plays catch until you are willing to do what they say??

Do you have kids?
    Doesn't really sound like it to me.
    Parenting styles are different it's true, but I'm hoping that a sensible reasoned approach
    to issues like is better than the old "Cause I said so" BS.
    Do you really want your kid to accept arguments like that? I don't.

i dont have kids.
    i have a lot to say on this subject, but i'm at work and i have horrible brain to finger coordination.

• UnconSciUnconSci 824 Posts
    blow a bong hit in his face.

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    quick get the wife...tag team

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
    Try some Cough Medicine. A new study has shown cough medicine doesnt actually do shhheeeeeetttttt for coughs, but it knocks kids out and thats why most parents give it to them.....

Or make him run laps around the backyard until he gets tired (thats what a friend of mines dad used to make him do....)

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    i dont have kids or whatever but an obvious answer to me would be dont have him watch tv before bed

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    tell him if he isn't in bed when he's supposed to be with his eyes closed, La Llorona is gonna get him.

• Garcia_VegaGarcia_Vega 2,428 Posts
    tell him if he isn't in bed when he's supposed to be with his eyes closed, La Llorona is gonna get him.

Oh shit! El Cuco!!! My grandma used to say "Nene, stop moving around and go to sleep or El Cuco is going to see you y te va echizar (and put a spell on you)"

That worked until I stayed up all night after I turned 6. My grandma found me on the couch with a bat half asleep at 5:30am, "El Cuco no existe abuela!"

You're gonna scare your kid to sleep Daze?

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    haha no, just sounds funny. I can never even go through with JOKINGLY scaring my stepson. he looks at me all sad and says, "stop it please"

He goes to bed relatively easy, I just read to him and he's out.

chupacabra!!!

i have a vague recollection of my parents saying hitler would get me.

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    Watch your grow up show for sure. As stated hoefully it will bore him. Leting him watch his show will just cause him to stay up later. My parents would just make me go to bed at the set time no matter what. I try to be a little more flexable with my son, but after 10pm he has to get in his bed no matter what. There are lots of times I'm not tired but I go to bed because I have to get up for work, so I try to pass that on.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    I feel your pain.

We are on our 4th week of less than 3 hours of sleep a night.

i do not recognize myself anymore.

Jack had chicken pox, one got infected which lead to a MASSIVE glandular infection.

little man didnt cry at night, he screamed. I swear if i was our neighbors i would have called social services... it really was that bad.

As all parents know, its all about routine.

• selperfugeselperfuge 1,165 Posts

I don't have an opinion one way or another on Little Bill -- but i thought it cool when my kid said "you have jazz records, just like Little Bill's dad!"

• Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts
    Is he still awake? If so, he should probably be rewarded at this point.

• deLYSdeLYS 388 Posts
    Ya never had your or anybody elses mom feed you nyquil? Theyll be askin for it after a while, like dad, can I have the syrup? Its time to go to bed, lol
    the best mommas know

• cadeauxcadeaux 208 Posts
    Try some Cough Medicine. A new study has shown cough medicine doesnt actually do shhheeeeeetttttt for coughs, but it knocks kids out

Flaming Moes

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

i have a vague recollection of my parents saying hitler would get me.

Your new alias is DJ Anne Frank.