Midweek/Weekend finds 4/10-4/13

124»

Comments

• CosmophonicCosmophonic 1,172 Posts

What's that red cover with the blue spazzed-out writing on it at the bottom left? I seem to remember seeing that somewhere around a shop here..

• DJ_NevilleCDJ_NevilleC 1,922 Posts
    It's Earth Quake - S/T (A&M)

• IFBIFB 29 Posts
    Time out from visiting mom in Toronto, Goodwill done upped records to $1.50:
    Photobucket

from a local head-shop which always has a crazy variety of stuff:
    Photobucket

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    It's Earth Quake - S/T (A&M)

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

total chaos is some sort of rare austrian hip hop from the mid 90s. any of you euros know history on this group?

Total Chaos are originally from Linz / Austria, and then a few of them moved to Vienna. I think they still exist, I recently saw a new single. They are big in Austria and sometimes they play in Germoney... haven??t seen these cats in a while, but I??m sure they still do stuff. maybe check FM 4 Radio in Vienna.

thanks for the knowledge on that. really not a bad sound. i never really paid any attention to euro hip hop. this record is not bad at all. got some bonnie dobson samples in it too.

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts

i never seen a copy of achtung baby foundin the us. i bought one in europe. is it a us issue?

chase and destroy should fetch a good penny if you send it to france

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    hard for me to decide if I did better at the WUMC (Maryland - Saturday) show or Richmond (Sunday). Both were good and it was nice meeting some strutters and running into others.

Maryland:[/b]

Mary Jane Girls - Candy Man, Heart & Soul Orchestra - Love In C Minor, Seventh Avenue - Miami Heatwave / New York's On Fire, Soul Kings - King Of Soul Medley, Anthony White - Block Party, Maynard Ferguson - Gonna Fly Now (Theme From Rocky), Afro Cuban Band - The Moon Is The Daughter Of The Devil / Baila, Black Soul - Black Soul Music (Test Press)

Richmond:[/b]

D'angelo - Voodoo DJ Soul Essentials 12"

Donald Byrd - Love Has Come Around / Loving You, Curtis Hairston - I Want You (All Tonight), Bruce Johnston - Pipeline,

Phil Medley & The M.V.B. Orchestra - Snap It

funny cover:

• ostost Montreal 1,375 Posts

funny cover:

I think we have a winner on the best find of '08!!!No need to keep posting anything else after such an incredible find...

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    tripdoub --
    yeah the u2 is a sealed us edition. found some other sealed stuff at that yard sale that was from around the same time, so its legit. looks like it was pulled in the states because adam clayton was nude in a back cover photo.

i've been having issues with some deadbeat french modern soul and hip hop bidders recently, so i'm kind of getting weary of them. it really isn't cool. french jazz, classical and rock collectors don't seem this issue--it seems relegated to the modern soul and hip hop realm. why is this the case? anyone else have these issues with the moder collectros?

• JroamJroam 257 Posts
    Real world SF Goodwill south 'o market/van ness finds: Dom Um from '64 and secos 2nd lp and six other brazilian titles all in amazing condition.

• funny cover:

I think we have a winner on the best find of '08!!!No need to keep posting anything else after such an incredible find...

THE KEY-TAR IS MY FAVORITE!
    IDEA: KEY-TAR HERO!!

• hendravishendravis 689 Posts
    IDEA: KEY-TAR HERO!!

play Chameleon, frankenstein, and more!