Attention Bambouche: Goth Girls of New York

13»

Comments

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
    What's their "big smash" hit??!?! The one that gets all the black velvet panties in a knot.

I WANT TO KNOW THE "T.R.O.Y." OF THIS GOTH SHIT!

I used "If Only Tonight We Could Sleep" for a Lil' Kim "Suck My Dick" mash 4 years ago, when he was extinguishing the smoldering embers of his kung fu and modern soul stages.

"Can't wait to show my girls he sucked the piss out my pussy"

(A Black Sabbath, The Cure, The Smiths, Lil' Kim clusterfuck)

Fucking stellar.

• BamboucheBambouche 1,484 Posts
    Think henry rollins.

Isn't your fiancee home yet?

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    Think henry rollins.

wake up dude, we wanna see

sleep when you're dead

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    I think the cherry on top of this thread would be aschrock/handcorkscrew reposting that pic of himself wearing a dog collar...

I also found a pic of one of my first girlfriends... I'll scan it when my fiance gets home.... it's actually a really reserved pic of her, but she's a chubby half japanese ex-cheerleader who got all dudded out for weekend gothdom. I wish I had pics of her in high school. I've seen em. Like bambouche's goth ladies but with mad teased bangs.

Where are the pictures we were promised?

• ariel_calmerariel_calmer 3,762 Posts
    Think henry rollins.

Aw now she's asleep. Like i'm going to sleep tonight....

LIKE THE DEAD.

I think the cherry on top of this thread would be aschrock/handcorkscrew reposting that pic of himself wearing a dog collar...

I also found a pic of one of my first girlfriends... I'll scan it when my fiance gets home.... it's actually a really reserved pic of her, but she's a chubby half japanese ex-cheerleader who got all dudded out for weekend gothdom. I wish I had pics of her in high school. I've seen em. Like bambouche's goth ladies but with mad teased bangs.

Where are the pictures we were promised?

Actually I thought twice about posting pics of (even partially) asian ex-girlfriends to slobbering masses. sorry doud. She lives in texas and has a kid now.

DOUBLES OF THE CURE "SINGLES" ANYONE??? WAX AND CD

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    I know faux_rills is trying to figure out how to get Sherri Turner as a screensaver!

"It's another choice besides cement skyscrapers and business suits."

I actually saw Amanda Dutton, one of the featured Goths, around town recently. Maintaining Ultimate Gothdom in New York summer is rough. That Tribes of New York feature was fucking weaksauce, though. I mean, who listens to With Vengeance?

[TrueGothRevealed]
    Just last night I was putting away records, preparing for houseguests, and I realized I had doubles of just about every Cure album. I can't be bothered with all that hair product and shit, though. I wear black on the inside, cause black is how I feel on, well, the inside.
    [/TrueGothRevealed]

Seriously, where was the fucking New York Times in 1988? Here's my Hometown Goth Girls??? (some of you may remember from last year) feature:

***Cue Christian Death's "Only Theatre of Pain"***

SEE DEATH GO TO HIGH SCHOOL[/b]
    (Front)

SEE DEATH GO TO HIGH SCHOOL[/b]
    (Back)

How The Neo-Goths Wear Braces[/b]

Goth Senior Portraits Oooze Sex![/b]

Goth Uniform: Skinny Puppy Shirt, Hair Did, and a Crystal[/b]

(File Under: Gothing Around Parental Control)[/b]

My Goth Penpal...[/b]

THIS JUST IN![/b]

GOTH/HESHER CROSS-POLLENATION PROM PHOTO![/b]

(She: Worships Stevie Nicks and Loves Butterflies)
    (He: Can puke on command and sings for "Morbid Death")
    it's all about the crushed velvet

(true story)

Seriously, what skeletal remains lie in purgatorial abyss in the faux_rills goth closet?

This whole post is so awesome. Half of these pics look like my sister (gothrocketscientisttragicsuperwomanraer)

• Now where is Iron Monkey? He is a bigger Cure fan than all of us

I know you're a moderator and all, but dude, FUCK YOU!

DON'T TEST MY GOTH?

Ask anyone. Iron Monkey is nice, but he plays futbol. C'mon, real goths don't touch the pigskin. And I believe I'm the only one who has consistently rode for The Cure in every gaybashing/what's the deal with hairspray and mascara thread this board has seen. No offense, but I have the shattered glass cover of Disintegration, what's Adrian got? I have the studio version 12" of "Jack The Ripper", what's Adrian got?

And I don't believe Morrissey has ever publicly acknowledged his sexuality, so it's neither ghey nor gay, but... :curious?:

It took a tattooed boy from Brooklyn
    To really, really open her eyes

Hey Bam, what ya gettin your panties in a bunch for mang? I never said I was Goth or a huge Cure fan for that matter. Yes, I'm a fan of some of their stuff, namely the Disintegration album and most of their early singles. All time fave being "Charlotte Sometimes". The records I collect aren't really that kinda thing. Lately I've been rediscovering a lot of this stuff & pickin up common titles at the swap, dollar bins, Latency, etc. but my more valuable pieces are in other genres.

So please, be my guest and take the "biggest Goth/Cure fan of Soulstrut" title. It doesn't phase me. Got more important things to tend to.

BTW: Diggin your 45. Very Fresshhh...

oh yeah...Futbol and Football are different sports. Pigskin refers to the American game.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    Yes, I'm a fan of some of their stuff, namely the Disintegration album and most of their early singles. All time fave being "Charlotte Sometimes". The records I collect aren't really that kinda thing. Lately I've been rediscovering a lot of this stuff & pickin up common titles at the swap, dollar bins, Latency, etc.

LOL, glad I'm a spot for digging and not just a state of mind or just another SoCal dude now

IM and Bam, that was my fault. I guess Bam takes the title, it's settled. Launch the parade and ticker tape.

Iron Monkey is a radd dude, he bought all my gang of four and dropped science on many tracks on non-raers

PS: WE SEE YOU, TURNTABLELAB.COM[/b]

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    No offense guys, but "Disintegration" is Cure-Light.

Cosign

They'd already fallen off at that point

• Yes, I'm a fan of some of their stuff, namely the Disintegration album and most of their early singles. All time fave being "Charlotte Sometimes". The records I collect aren't really that kinda thing. Lately I've been rediscovering a lot of this stuff & pickin up common titles at the swap, dollar bins, Latency, etc.

LOL, glad I'm a spot for digging and not just a state of mind or just another SoCal dude now

IM and Bam, that was my fault. I guess Bam takes the title, it's settled. Launch the parade and ticker tape.

Iron Monkey is a radd dude, he bought all my gang of four and dropped science on many tracks on non-raers

That was scary M**k.

Who knew Bam could get so worked up over somethin like this. Like I'm his arch-nemesis of diggin or somethin equally as wack. Homeboy even dug up old pictures of moi and took the liberty of dissecting my tastes and "phases I was goin thru (????)" to state his case. Dude never even met me before. Doesn't know anything bout me. Not even mad about it, just kinda like "what the fuck are you talkin bout?"

Hmmmm....interesting

Funniest of all is the fact that NO ONE collects Goth, so who gives a shit?

"What's Adrian got? What's Adrian got?!"

One look at my crates & he'd shut the fuck up pretty quick.

PLaese to check yourself fool...

Keep jockin your precious Cure records. I'll keep servin bean dip off my Stark Reality & Gary Wilson test pressings.

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    No offense guys, but "Disintegration" is Cure-Light.

This is for the tru Goth soldiers:

Still play this one sometimes, too. It's pretty tough for a Cure record.

true, later Cure gives early Cure a bad name, which is too bad as they were a pretty fucking good post-punk band...

• BamboucheBambouche 1,484 Posts
    Hmmmm....interesting

Iron.

I was only makin funnies. Nothing serious in it.

With love and constant admiration.

~B

• OK

Beef squashed.

We're too grown & sexy to get caught up in this rekkid nerdery anymore.

Only real world moves from here on in.

Respect & admiration right back at ya kid.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    WTF?!?!

Iron Monkey and Bambouche beefing?

has the world gone batty?

Adrian your B-52 rekkids are ass

you need some cosby sweater soul in your life.

Bambouche your outlook on hyperreal and Lyotard is semi-ass

we all need to shut off our computers and smoke

• A**m,

We're both kinda standin at the crossroads of some very strange musical tastes lately. You, with your modern soul ish and me, re-visiting the new wave and goth of my misspent youth.

The bright side is, that we're comin up on all this shit real easy and real cheap. In about 6 months, we'll both be clownin each other about it. Just ride it out dude and hope some sucker'll buy this shit off us when we finally come to our senses.

But yeah, smokin is always a good idea...

Let's do that!

BTW: No beef tween me & Bam. Just a little entertainment for the wetmouths.

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    Yes, I'm a fan of some of their stuff, namely the Disintegration album and most of their early singles. All time fave being "Charlotte Sometimes". The records I collect aren't really that kinda thing. Lately I've been rediscovering a lot of this stuff & pickin up common titles at the swap, dollar bins, Latency, etc.

That was scary M**k.

Who knew Bam could get so worked up over somethin like this. Like I'm his arch-nemesis of diggin or somethin equally as wack. Homeboy even dug up old pictures of moi and took the liberty of dissecting my tastes and "phases I was goin thru (????)" to state his case. Dude never even met me before. Doesn't know anything bout me. Not even mad about it, just kinda like "what the fuck are you talkin bout?"

Hmmmm....interesting

Funniest of all is the fact that NO ONE collects Goth, so who gives a shit?

"What's Adrian got? What's Adrian got?!"

One look at my crates & he'd shut the fuck up pretty quick.

PLaese to check yourself fool...

Keep jockin your precious Cure records. I'll keep servin bean dip off my Stark Reality & Gary Wilson test pressings.

Why was this beef diverted so quickly? This is exactly what this board needs right now. Fuck this newbie 12-year-olds Vs. salty soultrut vets shit, we need you two heavyweights to go at it like some hungry, hungry hippos!

Who's going to be the Don King of this bitch? Start the disrespecfallatin!

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    bassie said:
    When I was in Grade Nine, The Cure came to town and Robert Smith was doing a radio interview. I called in and got through. I was in the middle of a conversation with him about his favourite things to eat when on tour (cucumber and cream cheese sandwiches)when my mother picked up the phone from downstairs and said to get off the phone cause my dad was supposed to call. Of course, I screeched ???I???m on the phone with Robert Smith!??? and of course she asked ???Who???? to which I had to respond ???Robert Smith from The Cure??? to which there was silence and then a curt ???Hurry up!??? I was horrified and Smith and the host were howling and I couldn???t believe the shame and the fact that she had cut into what precious little time I had with him. Off-air they offered me tickets probably because they felt sorry for me, but I already had some. The next day at school, when I should have otherwise been bragging, I didn???t tell anyone that I had spoken to Robert Smith. A few people had still heard and I was laughed at and comforted, too.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Five years ago last week!

What I failed to include in this story was that my Mom did all her bossing in Farsi and all my falsetto horror was in English.

Immigrants - 0
    Popular Culture - 1

• maldorurrmaldorurr 120 Posts
    There was a pretty consistent Goth-er-than-thou contingent at the otherwise mostly vacant club gig I had for the last 5 or 6 months in Texas, and generally around 1 am (or whenever it became clear that my own entertainment was officially and without contest the most important factor in my evening) I'd throw on Japan or something, watch them get enthusiastic for the first time all night, segue it into, I dunno, Agharta, and as soon as the Goth disdain factor had climaxed ... back with Joy Division, whatever ... then 15 minutes of Cecil Taylor ... as they hit the door, some Cabaret Voltaire ... rinse & repeat.

b/w

Non-Goth but I'm utterly unable dismiss anyone's high school black-light status; I spent most of my 17th year on this planet buying and memorizing every Frank Zappa record

• CosmophonicCosmophonic 1,172 Posts
    Goth > Emo

• DJ_WubWubDJ_WubWub 874 Posts
    though not a Cure fan i was stoked to pick up
    on 12inch an awesome track..

i lived in north Queensland for about ten years which like florida is very hot and tropical but there where still a few goths who flew the flag. You had to admire their ability to stay pasty white and wear all black in such an intense climate

Growing up in melbourne in the 80's though there where Goths everywhere and my first club nights out at 15 where at goth nights (1985) OMD Bahaus Yello New Order, Cure etc) Melbourne produced one of the great goth bands in Dead Can Dance. Cold grey cities like melbourne combined with lots of smack (bands like The Birthday Party as an example) are the best breeding grounds for Goths

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    My old girlfriend Darcy was, and still is, beyond Goth. Goth kids worship her. She dressed in vintage victorian clothes - all the time, was part of the whole transgressive movement in the LES in the late '80s with film-makers Nick Zedd and Rachel Amodeo Here's a clip of Dee Dee Ramone and Richard Edson in Rachel's "What About Me" Perhaps the worst movie ever.

Darcy also had a comic book with fantagraphics called "Meatcake"and a public acess show called "Turn of the Century". Oh. And she played murder-ballads on the banjo and was part of Suckdog with Lisa Carver.

Here is one of the short movies from the T.V. show, It also stars Eric Hammer, who now writes and does voicework for Adult Swim and Pete Leonard, don't know what happened to him.

Good Times.

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    Added bonus. "Thrust in Me" by Nick Zedd and Richard Kern.