San Fransciso...What's Up?

Comments

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    There were random junkies/homeless people in the area, but isn't this in every city?

Yes, every city looks just like San Francisco. It's that simple.

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    You have a such a bleak view of the world.

San Francisco is beautiful.

• Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts
    last time I went to texas I had to rent a hoverboard to get around the city. The ground was littered with people catching Sizurp zzzzzzzzzzzzzz's.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    It is actually true that the last time I was in Austin EVERYONE was on drugs. Our host was sipping lean while driving on the freeway at 10 in the damn morning.

I've never been to New Orleans.

Your potshots really are pointless

Just trying to figure out where you stand. INVEST YOURSELF

And I mean, you act like you wouldn't dish it out the same way to some dude trying to critique your city from the comfy reaches of the outskirt counties.

I did my time living in downtown Berkeley, right above Arinel's Pizza...where I spent more time providing for street people than complaining about them.

But in retrospect, damn...that was an entirely fucked up situation having to be confronted with drug addiction at every turn like that, all the time.

I certainly see it here in Austin on the regular as well...but mostly confined to certain areas like near 12th and Chicon or downtown by the Salvation Army center. It's nowhere near every-Frickin'-where like it was in the Bay back then.

You have a such a red state view of the world.

San Francisco is beyond reproach.

And I mean, you act like you wouldn't dish it out the same way to some dude trying to critique your city from the comfy reaches of the outskirt counties.

I did my time living in downtown Berkeley, right above Arinel's Pizza...where I spent more time providing for street people than complaining about them.

Damn, you were the nice man that always gave us sandwiches and beedies because the homie Dayo looked homeless.

Thanks Mister!

• Deejay_OMDeejay_OM 695 Posts
    at first I would have taken offense...then I just hit the disregard button...mutton head fiasco

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts

But in retrospect, damn...that was an entirely fucked up situation having to be confronted with drug addiction at every turn like that, all the time.

I certainly see it here in Austin on the regular as well...but mostly confined to certain areas like near 12th and Chicon or downtown by the Salvation Army center. It's nowhere near every-Frickin'-where like it was in the Bay back then.

yeah gotta love Texas, Polygamy is so much better than drug abuse, I mean c'mon people!!!!

/sarcasm

State Takes Custody of 401 Children in Raid on Polygamist Ranch[/b]

Article

"As discussed in an earlier ABAJournal.com post, their investigation was sparked by a complaint from a 16-year-old who apparently, like other children living at the compound, may have been a victim of a sex crime due to an underage marriage with an older man."

you stay classy Texas!!

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    Catch Controller7 steppin' over broken balut shells every day.

been wondering where the good balut spots are in SF.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Cross the bridge into Oakland and head to around 98th/International. Trust me.

yeah gotta love Texas, Polygamy is so much better than drug abuse, I mean c'mon people!!!!

/sarcasm

Article

"As discussed in an earlier ABAJournal.com post, their investigation was sparked by a complaint from a 16-year-old who apparently, like other children living at the compound, may have been a victim of a sex crime due to an underage marriage with an older man."

you stay classy Texas!!
    Just trying to keep up...

• The-gafflerThe-gaffler 2,190 Posts
    But yeah, the Bay Area has a unique way of dealing with junkies and the mentally disturbed...But on another hand, just leaving them to roam the streets like that is foul.

Sounds like SF needs a Giuliani to secretly "wipe" them out.

/sarcasm

Article

you stay classy Texas!!

and when your lame argument is all but lost....resort to wacky conspiracy theory website! patented harvey move.

/sarcasm

Article

you stay classy Texas!!

and when your lame argument is all but lost....resort to wacky conspiracy theory website! patented harvey move.
    Yeah dude, Bohemian Grove is just a wacky conspiracy theory...with no basis in reality. THERE IS NOTHING TO SEE HERE. MOVE ALONG.

I would like to take this opportunity to apologize to Big Stacks. sorry your well-intentioned thread had to degenerate into this. I blame Harvey.

anyway check your PMs.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    [quote

you stay classy Texas!!
    Ironically, the main dude is from San Francisco!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warren_Jeffs

Forcing 13 year old girls into arranged marriages with their first cousin.

Stacks...

Grooves
    Rooky's
    Groove Merchant
    Amoeba

It's all one shot, start at Grooves and then go a few blocks to Haight and the other three are on Haight St.

If you want to eat after you're done at Amoeba you could roll over to the Sunset and eat around 7th Ave to 10th Ave along Irving. Or go further to 19th to 24th or so. Arizmendi on 9th Ave. is a nice co-op bakery if you want some pizza, pastries, or bread. There are a bunch of decent restaurants in that area. Om lives near there, so you can go buy 45s off of him.

The Sunset probably doesn't have many junkies, but I'm sure Harv can tell us about the slave labor workers in some garment factory or produce market.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    slave labor workers in some garment factory or produce market.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Yo,

You guys are too funny!!! Y'all got my wife all scurred and shit talking about junkies with sores. She's afraid that our hotel will be near there, but actually, we're staying near the Hilton downtown. I'm sure that's not around Mission Ave. I thank you all for the great suggestions, I definitely plan on checking them out. Hit me with some digits on the PMs so I can get in touch with y'all. Good lookin' again!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

There a few areas you probably don't want to wander into at night, but you'll have no reason to go there. These dudes are on some Mad Max shit, but I am sure you'll get here and think it's a really nice place.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts

I've never been to New Orleans.

Just went there in February, and it's a lil' too gully for my (old) tastes. N'awlins has had a rough time of it, and too honestly, it harkened me back to Milwaukee in that most Black folks down there are broke as hell . Cool and interesing place to visit, but there is no way I could LIVE there. A colleague down there told me that Tulane planned on recruiting me this past fall (before knowing I moved to Rutgers). T**i downright despises the place. She already said she's not going the annual SIOP conference next year (the conference I'm attending in San Fran week) because it will be held in N'awlins.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• yo Stacks I'm at the Groove Merchant on Thursday...Chris will be there fri-sun. Would be great to meet you in person!

If you actually like soul music that isn't grip -n- flippable you will find some great cheap sides at rookie's. OM apparently has a long overdue need to chill and listen to some Bobby Bland.

^^^ BANGS FOR 19th & OAKWOOD TOO ^^^

• tommy...I'm not jaded...I'm being realistic...why have dude waste his time at rooky's (which it's a lot of crappy 45s to thumb)...when he could go elsewhere...if he's looking for 45s he'd have more fun hitting up justin, jesse or me.

Novel concept: maybe Rooky's offers something (beyond 45's) that other stores or private dealer dorks can't.

well there is an abundance of hipsters...

• ^^^ BANGS FOR 19th & OAKWOOD TOO ^^^

the only place I go to buy my funk...

Who knew that such a righteous funk provideur as yourself lived mere doors down from a young boy...

• cascas 1,484 Posts
    yo stacks.

post up if you head out to any bars, please to poast it up. i gotta work all week, but would be down to try to rally some folls to meet up for a few drinks.

Hey,

I think I'm pretty much free on Thursday. I have to make presentations at the conference on Friday afternoon and early Saturday morning. Then, we're off to wine country (Yipeeeeee!!!!). I look forward to checkin' out some more west coast strutters.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Cas hangs out at this club called The End Up, on the disco night.

Go holler at him.