• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    This is where I listen to all my rackords at. Sorry for the lack of pron

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    purple city

yeh i know some are kinda blue or maroon or pink... close enuff

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    No picture of the bonsai?

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    Looks good -- bout ready for spring, heh. I have had a few bonsais but could never make them last more than about a year. The place where I'm at now has a lot of light, so I am back on the market.

It's such a delicate balance of light and water. NO room for error.

• ostost Montreal 1,375 Posts
    damn,that David Porter fold out is way too fragile... luckily mine's still on there.

Looks good -- bout ready for spring, heh. I have had a few bonsais but could never make them last more than about a year. The place where I'm at now has a lot of light, so I am back on the market.

It's such a delicate balance of light and water. NO room for error.

I have been lucky I found a good spot for it. It doesn't like direct light and I have to rotate it to get even growth. I fucked this up for a while and it has taken months to start getting leaves back on the one side. I spray the top of the soil with a little water each day and it is good to go.

I need to repot it soon, I have done it once and it did ok, but it has outgrown its current pot.

• DongerDonger 854 Posts
    purple city

yeh i know some are kinda blue or maroon or pink... close enuff

Only allowed yourself one Prince Record? That's tough!

BEAUTIFUL work!

• CBearCBear 902 Posts

I need to repot it soon, I have done it once and it did ok, but it has outgrown its current pot.

The way to keep them stunted as little trees is to limit their root growth. If you want to get some serious growth, pot it in a normal growing pot with lots of room for root growth and fresh soil. When you have it the way you want it, cut off two thirds of the roots and stick it one of those tiny Bonsai dishes and it will stay that way for a long time. Growth should be done in springtime. Are you feeding it? It should get some food once a month or so. It's a ficus right? Food should be some seriously diluted fertilizer like miracle-grow. Too much and you will burn it's fragile roots.

The way to keep them stunted as little trees is to limit their root growth. If you want to get some serious growth, pot it in a normal growing pot with lots of room for root growth and fresh soil. When you have it the way you want it, cut off two thirds of the roots and stick it one of those tiny Bonsai dishes and it will stay that way for a long time. Growth should be done in springtime. Are you feeding it? It should get some food once a month or so. It's a ficus right? Food should be some seriously diluted fertilizer like miracle-grow. Too much and you will burn it's fragile roots.

Yeah, its a ficus. I do feed it. I trimmed the roots last year and will probably give it another year before I do anything drastic.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Current cribsite:

Old spot w/ better pic of shelf

• FSNSFSNS 163 Posts

• The-gafflerThe-gaffler 2,190 Posts

WOW...for some reason i'm really feelin this. especially the album art pattern.

also,
    PLEASE TO TELL ME WHERE YOU BOUGHT THOSE FRAMES YOU HAVE THE CURTIS' IN!!!

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    I like to go to guzz's house when I'm hung over and stoned out of my brain and make fun of modern soul records....

hi guzz...

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

WOW...for some reason i'm really feelin this. especially the album art pattern.

also,
    PLEASE TO TELL ME WHERE YOU BOUGHT THOSE FRAMES YOU HAVE THE CURTIS' IN!!!

Thanks

I found those frames at a thrift shop. Some guy had put in cut up versions of Herb Alperts "Whipped Cream" in 2 of the frames. and the others had art collages of Paul Revere and the Raiders and the Beatles. I thought about laving the original art in, but honestly the frames were too nice to be wasted on some Alpert.

Hey Sheep,

I see you peeking in on some Azzam

don't you own a turntable??

don't you own a turntable??

nah, guzzo plays the records using his mind....

yeah g, i gots my eyes on that azzam, shoulda just grabbed it off u when i was there!

haha.... nah , I was referring to FSNS

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    SK-1 i'm guessing?

SK-5

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    SK-1 i'm guessing?

SK-5

damn. i still need one of those.

i got an SK-1 brand new in the box at a garage sale last year, third one i've owned, but i can not find the other models anywhere. i think my friend has an SK-5 though, might be an SK-10...

• DJ_WubWubDJ_WubWub 874 Posts
    Living Room

Store room

My 2.5yr olds room and record room

• FSNSFSNS 163 Posts

Yeah, she was hiding to the side....

Downstairs is a whole different story...

• karlophonekarlophone 1,697 Posts
    finally got some pix prepared...

i dont have a record wall (all my walls are filled with shelves!) so i just put up spares with skated records or
    empty covers wherever i can squeeze them in.
    i also collect books and comics and old toys and crap, its all filed away wherever
    i can find space, most of its so packed away its not possible to photograph without
    making a huge project out of it.

• jaysusjaysus 787 Posts
    Holy isht! That is unbelievable.

• behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts

Yeah, she was hiding to the side....

Downstairs is a whole different story...

takes the attention away from the dead bodies buried underneath the basement

finally got some pix prepared...

i dont have a record wall (all my walls are filled with shelves!) so i just put up spares with skated records or
    empty covers wherever i can squeeze them in.
    i also collect books and comics and old toys and crap, its all filed away wherever
    i can find space, most of its so packed away its not possible to photograph without
    making a huge project out of it.

WOW! THATS DOPE MAN!

• jaysusjaysus 787 Posts
    SK-1 i'm guessing?

SK-5

damn. i still need one of those.

i got an SK-1 brand new in the box at a garage sale last year, third one i've owned, but i can not find the other models anywhere. i think my friend has an SK-5 though, might be an SK-10...

Sk-5s are way better than sk-10s. Four sample pads, 4 built in pads, toughest sk out of the lot. But then if you are looking for old school synth generation sk-100s are dope too...

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    I always love seeing pics of Karlophone's collection, awesome craziness!