what does your Collectron look like??

Comments

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    The records on the left on the floor is my edit/for sale stack. Blue crate on the floor is a recent reggae set buy. Everything else is sorted, to be sorted, or listening.

single?

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    The records on the left on the floor is my edit/for sale stack. Blue crate on the floor is a recent reggae set buy. Everything else is sorted, to be sorted, or listening.

single?

Ayo! Take your propositioning to the PMs Grope.

• CBearCBear 902 Posts

single?

Nope. Live in girlfriend of 1.5 years. I haven't let her have her way with my place yet. She's creeping in slowly though. I don't understand some of these record rooms with no comfy-ass chair or couch. Playing records while standing is for the clubs. This is my house.

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts

single?

Nope. Live in girlfriend of 1.5 years. I haven't let her have her way with my place yet. She's creeping in slowly though. I don't understand some of these record rooms with no comfy-ass chair or couch. Playing records while standing is for the clubs. This is my house.

Thats what my living room is for. That is where I listen to music the most. I go in the record room to pull stuff to listen to, clean records, work on mixes and to water my bonsai tree.

• CBearCBear 902 Posts

single?

Thats what my living room is for. That is where I listen to music the most. I go in the record room to pull stuff to listen to, clean records, work on mixes and to water my bonsai tree.

My girl is always watching the Home and Garden channel in the living room, so this is where I go to get away. Headphones are so essential. It was a formal dining room, but I made it in to something I can actually use. But I'm more of a listener. I don't do any sampling and I can always bring my laptop in for mixes.

Does your Bonsai survive inside? Typically they should be kept outside and only brought inside for show. Although, that's southern California theory. I'm sure it's different in colder climates.

What's the consensus on having indirect daylight hit the records? Should they be kept away from daylight to prevent fading?

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts

single?

Or the rest of your house. I got speakers wired into the basement and back yard too. Plus couches and shit like that take up valuable shelf space.

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts

Where did these shelves that you use for 45s come from?

I got a friend to make them for me, (he did it for free too which was very nice) unfortunately the plan I drew up ended up a bit bigger than I expected, you should have seen the bitch of a time we had getting them upstairs (only one chunk out of the wall though & a few gouges on the doorframes) . I have to stand on a chair to see the top shelf, which wasn't what I had in mind. I just screwed them to the wall too, so they aren't moving in a hurry either. Best storage solution I ever made, getting the 45s out of stupid boxes & teetering piles is

• DongerDonger 854 Posts

I have purged quantity of records on several occasions. Just gave approximately 4-5 crates of deep house stuff to my friend on Friday. I am trying my best to keep the collection to one expedit, and just keep the most desirable heat. Besides the expedit, there is another box and a half on the floor right now. That's actually where I keep the really rares, in the hard shell box.

I have purged quantity of records on several occasions. Just gave approximately 4-5 crates of deep house stuff to my friend on Friday. I am trying my best to keep the collection to one expedit, and just keep the most desirable heat. Besides the expedit, there is another box and a half on the floor right now. That's actually where I keep the really rares, in the hard shell box.

How's that RAMP record?

• DongerDonger 854 Posts
    Edit:

Scarcasm? Anyways, I like it a lot.

How is that Pylon record?

Punk funk-ish, no? Never heard it.

single?

My girl is always watching the Home and Garden channel in the living room, so this is where I go to get away. Headphones are so essential. It was a formal dining room, but I made it in to something I can actually use. But I'm more of a listener. I don't do any sampling and I can always bring my laptop in for mixes.

Does your Bonsai survive inside? Typically they should be kept outside and only brought inside for show. Although, that's southern California theory. I'm sure it's different in colder climates.

What's the consensus on having indirect daylight hit the records? Should they be kept away from daylight to prevent fading?

The TV is in the guest room. So no worries there.

I have a tropical bonsai and it stays inside all year. I have had it for three years and it is doing well. My records don't get any direct sunlight. The bonsai is kept next to the window and the records on the other side of the room. I will try and up some photo's when I get home.

• DongerDonger 854 Posts
    My record collection is posing serious problems, when it comes to looking to buy an apartment/co-op/condo etc. Real estate in NYC aint cheap. Hopefully for us buyers without huge sums of $$$, the market continues to slow down, till it's stops, and then I can buy a place that can fit a record room.

Edit:

You people get so funny about your godamn RAMP.

My whole collection is full of dollarbin terds. How does that make RAMP not suck?

LOL

• DongerDonger 854 Posts
    Edit:

You people get so funny about your godamn RAMP.

My whole collection is full of dollarbin terds. How does that make RAMP not suck?

LOL

It probably does suck for you, I'm not trying to change your mind.

Now answer me about the Pylon record!

bi-polar librarian moves with barbecue stains. unlistenable.

• DongerDonger 854 Posts

Sounds awesome!

I'll trade you a RAMP for it!

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts

Donger, what up with the far right records (black/white and black/yellow)?

Sounds awesome!

OK. You're asking a serious question and I'm being a smartass.

I think Pylon gets lumped in with Au Pairs, Gang of Four type dancy bass/angular guitars aka post punk aka funk punk. Perhaps that's correct? I have trouble with genres. Check out the song Stop It. That usually works for me when I'm doing that kind of set.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts

Sounds awesome!

I think Pylon gets lumped in with Au Pairs, Gang of Four type dancy bass/angular guitars aka post punk aka funk punk. Perhaps that's correct? I have trouble with genres. Check out the song Stop It. That usually works for me when I'm doing that kind of set.

I think they were loosley affiliated with the REM/Let's Active/B-52s axis down south. Dance-oriented early college rock, in my book.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    some random sections thrown on the floor. Blue Note, A& J Coltrane, Brazilian, Rap Comps and Rock 10 inchers.Nothing too rare just stuff I like.

Maybe nuthin too rare but damn I'm jealous of all those Coltrane's n schit, they all mono og's I'm guessin?

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

• DongerDonger 854 Posts

Sounds awesome!

Cool, during those breakdowns they remind me a lot of The Dance. I like!

some random sections thrown on the floor. Blue Note, A& J Coltrane, Brazilian, Rap Comps and Rock 10 inchers.Nothing too rare just stuff I like.

Maybe nuthin too rare but damn I'm jealous of all those Coltrane's n schit, they all mono og's I'm guessin?

Where appropriate. Mono is not always better.

• DongerDonger 854 Posts

Donger, what up with the far right records (black/white and black/yellow)?

Part 2 of a 2 part Gal Coast Live Recording, Venezuelan pressing. I believe the Brazil pressing is one record only. Record 1 is right behind it (so I don't lose it), with a very similar cover, except she is sitting on a stool with a guitar.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    cool. what about the black/white just below that?

• DongerDonger 854 Posts
    cool. what about the black/white just below that?

Magnetic Touch LP, Greg Carmichael.

2 Great tunes (falling in love with a dream = midtempo romantic disco, and let's make love = northern meets disco vibe), one OK tune, and not feeling the rest of the LP as much.

• MoogManMoogMan Sao Paulo, Brazil 1,173 Posts
    Part 2 of a 2 part Gal Coast Live Recording, Venezuelan pressing. I believe the Brazil pressing is one record only. Record 1 is right behind it (so I don't lose it), with a very similar cover, except she is sitting on a stool with a guitar.

If that record is Gal Fa Tal - A todo vapor, brazilian first edition is a double album.
    Early 80's reissue is a single record, though.

This one:

Peace

This is the bulk of what I have. I keep things slim.

Books tapes and Leadbelly

The downstairs stash.

• rookrook 357 Posts

this is nice looking furniture. where was it copped? and also cool barrister bookcase. i have federal gov't gray metal issue

this is nice looking furniture. where was it copped? and also cool barrister bookcase. i have federal gov't gray metal issue

My wife and I got this at an SPCA Sale (Goodwill type of thing). It is heavy as hell but it fits records perfectly on one side and glasses and scotch on the other.

We have three of the barrister bookcases, all are wood. The one pictured is the smallest the other taller one holds my grandmothers china.