Grand Theft Auto IV

alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
edited April 2008 in Strut Central

who's looking out for this? i'm always pumped for it (way back since the days of its overhead game play)but i dont think they will ever have a better theme than vice citys (80s). that soundtrack was hot to death. what do you guys anticipate as future grand theft autos? i think the best possibility would be intergalactic. imagine hijacking spaceships and builing an empire on mars. but i'd settle for a grand theft auto india where u can drive rickshaws and fruit carts and do dealings with the bombay underworld while money laundering into bollywood movies and making it with aishwarya rai.nonetheless, i think grand theft auto is way beyond "first person shooter" in terms of being the last groundbreaking video game genre. i dont even play video games much to really have a valid opinion, but the free flow allowability of their games make them so fun and surreal. and way back i thought the original grand theft autos were so ahead of their time and it was limited to aerial view play.

Comments

• HumanacatHumanacat 177 Posts
    Yeah, i agree with your assessment and having the game take place in another country is a cool thought. The promo looks pretty good. For video games of this genre nothing even comes close in terms of gameplay and stories.

• I love the entire series.

But I have to say San Andreas was amazing at first, but then when you got to the wooded areas, you realized the scale of the game, and it just became real monotonous. I'm hoping they keep the size of the game small, but with more attention to detail.

• UnconSciUnconSci 824 Posts
    San Andreas was great.. You just had to be totally addicted to the game to really learn the whole map. I will have to buy a new system to get down with this... but who knows... i might do it.

• ZEN2ZEN2 1,540 Posts
    Did a promo page for the game for anyone that's intested:
    http://www.circuitcity.com/ccd/genericContent.do?oid=205187

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    I heard this might be the last one. But apparently its as big of a jump as part 2 to part 3 was.

• I don't bother with games (only own a handfull) but I have loved all the GTA's. Will definitely be checking this new one at some point. I only recently got round to picking up San Andreas for cheap. First copy was scratched so got dumped. On the 2nd copy I bought I nearly completed the game (about 3 or 4 more missions to go but the game fucked up). Not sure if its disc, memory card or console issues but it won't let me start this particular mission

Haven't got the time or the will to start from scratch again only to potentially get the same result.

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
    see, what i enjoy about gta is that you dont have to "win" to enjoy the game. sometimes i just like having the cops chase me, do stunts, or chase, or race

oh, and to make this post strut related, there's gonna be a radio station with international funk/afrobeat hosted by femi kuti!

• HamHam 872 Posts
    Yeah this will be interesting, LOVED san andreas..
    the only game i'm looking forward too more is

• LuckLoopLuckLoop 103 Posts
    theres a new fallout in the works?

i havent played computer or console games in 3-4 years or so but a new fallout would be tempting

• HamHam 872 Posts
    Yes. It will be very different from the previous games though, It's first person and everything. but after my initial outrage at that and reading about it i think it could be great anyway.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    This is the best game I've played in a while.

If you want GTA in a dif. country why not try 'Just Cause'.

• BeatChemistBeatChemist 1,465 Posts

I heavily heavily endorse this game. You can pick it up dirt cheap - I got it for $15 new! And it's fun as shit. Not as detailed as GTA obviously, but still very fun and open world. You're basically a CIA agent "liberating" a latin american country.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    I'm unashamedly excited about a new GTA. Despite having great fun with San Andreas the highlight of the series for me is still Vice City - combination of the soundtrack, the look and feel, and the whole storyline make it one of the greatest games I've ever played despite it's glitches and faults.

New one is already on pre-order.

New news up about the multiplayer aspect here

http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/865/865088p1.html

Cops and Robbers = insanity.

• The-gafflerThe-gaffler 2,190 Posts

I heavily heavily endorse this game. You can pick it up dirt cheap - I got it for $15 new! And it's fun as shit. Not as detailed as GTA obviously, but still very fun and open world. You're basically a CIA agent "liberating" a latin american country.

which, if you didn't know, is based off of the invasion of Panama to ice Noriega. nicknamed by the government "Operation Just Cause"

United States invasion of Panama

never played the game or even heard of it, just put 2 and 2 together.

now for the new GTA, i look forward to many nights at friends houses with PS2's drinking heavily and telling them "bitch whaccu know about new yack?"

One more bump on this to get the gaming nerd out of my system. Just reading up about the radio stations in this one and saw this:

http://www.rockstargames.com/IV/#?page=music&content=if99

IF99 is the home of international funk - playing a great selection of classics from West Africa, the U.S. and elsewhere. Hosted by Femi Kuti[/b].

Ok my inner geek has now been satisfied.

• JectWonJectWon (@_@) 1,654 Posts
    see, what i enjoy about gta is that you dont have to "win" to enjoy the game. sometimes i just like having the cops chase me, do stunts, or chase, or race

To me that's the gift and curse of this game (due to my accute ADD...which is the reason I'm posting on this board instead of Frickin' working...ahh, oh well) I get so Frickin' side tracked every time with causing a ruckus that I neglect the missions.

I'm constantly on some "okay I'm going to get the fuggin' military dispatched on my ass, and I'm going to do it all with a bat, a pistol and a knockoff Skylark...say word"...

On a side note, did ya'll know that this shit is going to have a MULTIPLAYER/ONLINE aspect to it?

Sayin'....a SoulStrut cru needs to be started, ASAP...no one is safe.

Check the Online articles:

http://kotaku.com/377128/gta-iv-multiplayer-just-the-facts-please

http://kotaku.com/376220/hands-on-with-gta-multiplayer-city-of-chaos

EDIT: My bad, just noticed Junior already hipped the thread to the multiplayer jawn...