R.I.P B Boy Frosty Freeze

El PrezEl Prez NE Ohio 1,141 Posts
edited April 2008 in Strut Central
Per Getem Gump Frosty passed away this morning...Frosty Freeze, also known as The Freeze To Please (born Wayne Frost on 8 December 1963 in New York City, New York, U.S.) is a legendary old school hip hop B-Boy best known worldwide as a member of the second generation of the acclaimed hip hop/Breakin' crew, The Rock Steady Crew.As a member of RSC, he was known for his comedic, highly acrobatic but yet fearless and inventive style, due to his trademark move, "The Suicide", also known as "The Death Freeze Drop" (a move that he created accidentally by attempting a poorly executed backflip and landing on his back).His talents with the crew were featured in movies such as Flashdance, Wild Style, Style Wars and The Freshest Kids and made history as the first b-boy to appear on a magazine cover (The Village Voice, 1981). He was also featured in early hip hop music videos like Afrika Bambaataa and The Soulsonic Force's "Planet Rock" and Malcolm McLaren's "Buffalo Gals".In 2004, he along with several other members of RSC were honored at the VH-1 Hip Hop Honors.Frosty Freeze still resides in New York City and still makes appearances at many hip hop/Bboy/Bgirl events in the NYC area and all over the country. Unfortunately Frosty Freeze has fallen extremely ill and is on life support as of March 27, 2008. The Legendary Frosty Freeze of The Rock Steady Crew passed away early this morning in NYC. 4/3/2008 May he rest in peace.

Comments

• Garcia_VegaGarcia_Vega 2,428 Posts
    Awww fuck man! I got introduced to Freeze back in '98 by Bom 5 at a BX b-boy jam, he was super nice and humble. I'll see if I can get my friend to scan a black book page he tore up and post it here. Sad to hear he passed. RIP

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    RIP

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    fuuuuuuccckkk.

• SupacatSupacat 46 Posts

• choleracholera 101 Posts
    damn... RIP to one of the most original dancers I've ever had the pleasure of seeing...

• SupacatSupacat 46 Posts

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Damn, what happened? So young.

RIP...

• djkingottodjkingotto 1,704 Posts
    RIP

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts
    Damn, what happened? So young.

RIP...

Sayin. at 45 years old? Really unfortunate. the first part of that first clip where he's wearing the vest and does the flip and then holds the headstand and then right into the little headspin is straight

RIP to a master.

• cadeauxcadeaux 208 Posts
    One of the few original Dancers. He influenced a whole Generation. Rest In Peace.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    REST IN PEACE.

He was lookin sick recently. Face was mad drawn in.

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    Damn, I knew he was sick, but just found out he passed away.

Frosty freeze is an original bboy, pre-newjack. When dancing was really about getting down and having a good time. He's definitely influenced how I've approached the dance, and it sucks to see him go so early.

Frosty Freeze is exactly the flavor and swagger, and attitude that the new generation should learn from. One of the only pioneers who I still hold a deep respect for.

RIP man.

- spidey

• RIP homie..

RSC, keep your head up, he will be missed.

• empanadamnempanadamn 1,462 Posts
    rest in peace

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    wow, that's so sad to hear, RIP man. dude was straight legendary, a name that'll live forever for sure.

• dayday 9,612 Posts

Frosty Freeze is exactly the flavor and swagger, and attitude that the new generation should learn from. One of the only pioneers who I still hold a deep respect for.

RIP man.

- spidey

I couldn't have said it any better.

RIP to a legend and a true pioneer.

• I met Frosty Freeze and Crazy legs at the Allies Allstar beat down in 98 at the Roxy, super chill guy....

R.I.P. Frosty Freeze

• roistoroisto 879 Posts
    RIP

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    R.I.P.

• pacmanpacman 1,113 Posts
    Rest In Power to a true O.G. of the scene.

• ostost Montreal 1,375 Posts
    RIP

it's odd though that they haven't disclosed the illness he had anywhere.

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    ^ It's not the disease that's important, it's the person.

Fans of Doze, should know Frosty was a huge inspiration for his Bboy characters.

- spidey

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    RIP.

Was he the same a DJ Freeze or is that a different person?

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    man... sad news.

R.I.P. KING.

• man.
    he was one of the coolest ive met
    and one of the coolest to set whats cool.
    R.I.P. Frosty Freeze

• RIP

• R.I.P. and ken swift carries the torch. peace, stein. . .

• matamaticmatamatic 488 Posts
    My man told me he was sick and that it didn't look good but 2 days later? Sucks man.... If it wasn't for b boying/breakin I wouldn't be into music like i am today and he was most definitely an inspiration to me.Shit i used to do a mean suicide..... SAD right now......

• Gawd Damn Legend!

Bless...