Worst Song of the Year

1235»

Comments

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts

and here he is rapping into a vocoder. that's just not fresh to me in light of the mountain of lame vocoder material that's come out over the last 5 years.

Again, within that 5 years...who besides Wayne has rapped with a vocoder?

What about Snoop's auto-tune moment?

Correct me if I'm wrong...but when Snoop raps (rather than sings) on that song, he doesn't use the vocoder effect.

That's why he said "auto-tune moment"

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
    Autotuned Munga Honorebel > Autotuned Little Wayne

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    The original auto-tune rapper...

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    The original auto-tune rapper...

^^^ does deej ride for this certified Ibiza bangeur? ^^^

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Autotuned Munga Honorebel > Autotuned Little Wayne

YES!!!

After Flippin Rhymes, for the unfamiliar.

• rain103rain103 476 Posts
    where does lil wayne's joint, "lollipop", stand on this list? it is currently #2 on the billboard top 100.

ugh........

its pretty awful but girls are digging this wayy more than "sexy can i", the original thread starter.

i agree. it's all about what brings ladies to the dance floor...

honestly, when i first heard "lollipop" and "sexual eruptiuon" i took it for what it was and saw it as wayne and snoop taking advantage of their celebrity along with what's hot (these days). which i have noticed alot lately with snoop lately (past 10 yrs)... e.i collabo's with pharrell (after he blew up mainstream), reality t.v., clothing line, etc.

i can't knock the hustle, but at the same time it wouldn't be something getting regular play in my ipod.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Alright, back to Wayne being the first rapper to actually rap with the vocoder effect. Even when I think of all of the dancehall artists who have used the effect, I can't think of any instances where dude's are chatting rather than singing.

Anyway, maybe we should be seeing Wayne right now as a pioneer rather than as a glutton. He raps about as slow as it gets on Lollipop...which just may be the best way to rap with a vocoder effect in tow.

I dunno...for now I want to hear someone rap fast with the effect.

• jamesjames chicago 1,863 Posts
    This is in no way news, and I'm sure it's been commented on before, but on Kellses's Double Up, dude's use of the autotune "sound"--despite apparently being in pretty fine voice--had to me the faint whiff of paradigm shift, if only in terms of scale. I would kinda like to know, however, if R. actually used autotune, of if he just modulated his voice. 'Cause the latter would really be some shit.

As far as pioneers: Would West Street Mob's "Break Dance (Electric Boogie)" and/or Flash's "Scorpio" count? Is that really a vocorder? Is that really rapping?

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
    "sexual eruptiuon" i

dude, don't mention "sexual eruption" in the "worst songs of the year thread". That song is a classic, 100% certified bay-ficial heauxd kufi clurb classique.

• rain103rain103 476 Posts
    Nah I wasn't adding it to the list. I was using it as an example regarding wayne and snoop's usage of the vocorder.

• izm707izm707 1,107 Posts
    IT's not ALWAYS Autotune (Antares), it's also Melodyne from time to time. Get your shit straight. Those plugs have nothing to do with a vocoder, technically speaking.

Worst song : anything by Madonna...and T-Pain.