Recent RANDOM celeb sightings

Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
edited April 2008 in Strut Central
Post 'em. 1). Yesterday I went to pick up flyers from a copy spot in Berkeley and I saw J.T. the Bigga Figga in the parking lot chopping it up.2). I went to the clurb with my girl tonight and we're at the bar discussing this big blue speck will live on and we over here some dude say "slim pickings". I turn and it was muh' fuckin' Too Short. Homeboy just kind of stood back and was by himself. He just kind of then walked around with some champagne glass in his hand and just kind of looked like a regular ass "scrub in the clurb" dude looking for a motorbooty contest winner.

Comments

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    a week last Sunday I literally bumped into Glen Tilbrook of Squeeze in the local pool. He was with his (well-behaved) kids. He's put on some timber for sure. He and Chris Difford were once lauded in the US as the 'new Lennon and Macartney'. But they were just too clever by half in the end.

And then I saw him in the car park afterwards. He has a real dirty old motor.

Cool for Cats / Up the Junction / Pulling Mussels from a Shell / Love's Crashing Waves / Black Coffee in Bed etc etc

• The-gafflerThe-gaffler 2,190 Posts
    recent as of february, i was on the 4 listening to The Awakening, when guess who's short ass snakes through the people and stands right next to me about to get off...yup, Finesse.

he must have heard what was coming through the headphones too, hinting the knod on his way off the train to 183rd.

that was a good night all around. i went to a kids birthday party that night with a friend and ate all kinds of free [filipino] food and drank beers in the basement with the tito's. i had no clue who those people were.

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    I saw the chubby dude from Superbad at the Supreme store in LA....

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    I was on 36th street last week walking by some movie trailers and Karl Lagerfeld came out of one surrounded by big ass bodyguards. Dude looks like a wax figure, for real.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    a d lister, but I saw David Gest the other day...he had a new, "hip" toupee...it was kinda like a faux hawk toupee

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts
    Perhaps the definition of 'celeb' has changed but non of these people are that famous.

"Yo son, one time I was at the grocery store and I saw that dude who came in 4th on season 3 of American Idol!"

Celeb sightings =

ok next time I'll try and bump into the Queen for you

• The-gafflerThe-gaffler 2,190 Posts
    okay, i saw Freddy Mercury at CVS the other night buying those circus peanut candies

wait, whut?

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts

I saw the Queen Mum once, that was back in the 80s though

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    So im doin some morning shoppin at the Haarlem Fairway. Im in the onoin section and Marcus Samuelsson & a video team. So I said whats up and how I like his new book. The production leader said she enjoyed the exchange , and can we get this recorded. So i had to act this shit out and then sign those bullshit papers.
    He seems to be makin a cookin show on BET Jazz. So I hope to be on the show in some small clip.

• crazypoprockcrazypoprock 1,037 Posts
    I saw Ryan Adams and Parker posey buying DVDs at kims.
    I saw the guy from that movie "once" having a smoke outside the pink pony in the lower east side
    I walked by will farrell in the village
    I saw claire Danes walking her dog in soho

I saw the Queen Mum once, that was back in the 80s though

see, Catalist?

real celeb sighting are raer. One in 20-odd years

for recent you have to make do with dollar bin terds.

I saw Micheal Jordan in the Excalibur nightclub in Chicago in 1990 but I didn't know who he was until years later. They mobbed that poor sod in there. Dancefloor emptied in seconds the moment he walked in.

• 1). Yesterday I went to pick up flyers from a copy spot in Berkeley and I saw J.T. the Bigga Figga in the parking lot chopping it up.

I met J.T. a few years ago. The handshake went on for approximately 90 seconds past comfortable, and he had very long nails that dug into my hand all the while.

Also, I have no idea what this means:

discussing this big blue speck will live on

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts
    Not really "celeb" status, but when my wife and i were waiting for the tram at O'hare to go to the international terminal at like 2am, we realized we were waiting with Colin Quinn. He had just done some shows and was going to the int'l terminal to hang out until his flight at 6 or something. We talked all the way to the terminal, and it turns out he knows some people we know in the comedy biz in NY, yada yada. I can't say I'm a huge fan, but I've never hated on dude. he was really cool.

It was the very beginning of our trip to Mexico, so we took that as a good omen.

1). Yesterday I went to pick up flyers from a copy spot in Berkeley and I saw J.T. the Bigga Figga in the parking lot chopping it up.

I met J.T. a few years ago. The handshake went on for approximately 90 seconds past comfortable, and he had very long nails that dug into my hand all the while.

Also, I have no idea what this means:

discussing this big blue speck will live on

talking about the Earth

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    I met J.T. a few years ago.

RECENT

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
    Blonde chick who used to do MTV news (Serena something?) at the table next to me in the breakfast spot, dipping her sausage patty in ketchup.

TV's The Closer waiting for the B/C train...

Ali Shaheed Muhammad and crew in front of my office/Louis Vuitton..

One of the dudes from Clipse also in front of Louis Vuitton, with a couple big bags from Bape....

Garrison Keillor (!) on Central Park West with his kids....

• ToccuDomuToccuDomu 225 Posts
    Garrison Keillor (!) on Central Park West with his kids....

I see Keillor and Tay Zonday around with frequency (U-MN, related). Keillor seems angry a lot, though he was relatively nice when I mentioned enjoying one of his editorials in the Star Tribune a few months back. Zonday is always in a hurry, shuffling off to somehwere, and I really have no interest in chatting.

I rode in an elevator with Alan Gorrie and Onnie McIntyre (of Average White Band "fame") recently. Nice guys, made small talk and jokes at the expense of Scottish fitba.

Hardly celebs, I know, but I live in the Midwest. The Queen ain't been through for a while.

• Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts

You went from feeling like:

"Oh shit, it's JT the Bigga Figga" (geeked to meet him)

to

"Oh shit, it's JT the Bigga Finga Nails." (turns opposite direction)

• knewjakknewjak 1,231 Posts
    TMZ strut

• DJ_NevilleCDJ_NevilleC 1,922 Posts
    Mingering Mike was in my store a few months ago.

• Options
    I just saw Jordan Knight about two months ago at The Cheesecake Factory.

• I rode the escalator here at work with Jay-Z like a month ago.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    I have covered/mentioned it when it happened...but I hung out with Matt Dillon and listened to some cuban raers and had lunch with him a few months ago

• I saw the chubby dude from Superbad at the Supreme store in LA....
    HA!! I saw him at Ameoba... he drives a sick Caddie

• JoeMojoJoeMojo 720 Posts
    We ran into Jeremy Piven a few times while he was on island last month. Hung out for a little bit and he bought some of the jewelry my girlfriend makes. He was pretty down-to-earth and cool.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    Belinda Carlisle (sp?) is right behind me

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

I've always loved "Heaven Is A Place On Earth".

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Peter from Peter, Paul, and Mary was in our TV studios last Saturday night for a pledge special. He's out of his fucking mind. He just came walking into the studio with no introduction and started playing Puff the Magic Dragon. Then, when nobody started singing along, he started harassing the volunteers who answer the phones because they, as high school students, didn't know who Peter, Paul, and Mary were. Later on, he was running around on live television hugging and kissing these poor 16-year-old kids while they were trying to take pledge calls. Really bizarre and awkward. It felt like watching a train wreck in slow motion.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

I've always loved "Heaven Is A Place On Earth".

ditto, and she was the 2nd cutest Bangle.

if I have a chance to chat it up with her I'll let her know she has a strong contingent of Jewish crate digging fans