Gangstarr scratches...

dayday 9,611 Posts
edited April 2008 in Strut Central
I need your help y'all. I'm DJing for Guru on Friday and still haven't gotten the final set list. I'm guessing it's gonna be a lot of "yo play track #4" or whatever, but I want to have the cuts ready just in case.Can we get the definitive Gangstarr scratch list? I know most of the obvious ones, but I'm drawing a blank on some ("Take it Personal"?). Mass Appeal - Da Youngsta's Step in the Arena - Thunder and Lightning Who's Gonna Take the Weight - LL/Maceo Check the Technique - Marley/Masta Ace etc...

Comments

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    you know my steez - shadowboxin

• Take it personal is on Brand Nubian -- Step To The Rear

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts
    i'd like to hear some practice sessions. some of these are gonna be hard to pull off, especially where primo is scratching like 5 different samples on the hook (i'm thinking of "work" for example).

one option is to get the instrumental and then just use cool edit or something to cut in the chorus where it fits in.

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts
    Aren't a lot of the scratches on Gang Starr songs from other Gang Starr songs? Or GS affiliates or Primo productions? If you brought all your regular GS and Jeru records that would probably cover you for a lot of joints.

• DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts
    Words I Manifest - Word To The Mother (Land) - BDK

• The-gafflerThe-gaffler 2,190 Posts
    Ex Girl to the Next Girl - BDP

d'uh

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    Precisely The Right Right Rhymes - Craig G "Droppin Science"

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Precisely The Right Right Rhymes - Craig G "Droppin Science"

Same with "The ? Remains"

These are all good tho, thanks everybody. Keep em coming yawl, I know there's a grip more cause there's cuts on damn near every song. I'm really focusing on the bigger "hits" right now, but who knows what songs he's gonna do. All I know is "Above the Clouds" and "You Know My Steez" so far. I'll find out more later today. Thank God for Sir Otto

• Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts
    some of these are gonna be hard to pull off, especially where primo is scratching like 5 different samples on the hook (i'm thinking of "work" for example).

Don't doubt Day.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Divine Force, Lord Finesse, and BDP for "Form of Intellect."

The one that's bugging me: "I sit, write a rhyme, when I'm done get blunted!" from "Take 2 and Pass."

• Options
    Double Post.

"Dwyck"

• dayday 9,611 Posts

BOOM

I didn't even know they had some shit like this. Would have saved me this whole thread

• BOOM

I didn't even know they had some shit like this. Would have saved me this whole thread

It's literally a spin-off of

• nessness 249 Posts
    The one that's bugging me: "I sit, write a rhyme, when I'm done get blunted!" from "Take 2 and Pass."

MC Shan

• djkingottodjkingotto 1,704 Posts

MC Shan

from the juice crew all-stars record.

• nessness 249 Posts

MC Shan

nah its off the 1st lp. world of hip hop maybe?

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

MC Shan

Muchas gracias!