Options

What's your favorite record label logo?

Comments

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    I've always liked the brunswick rainbow arrow.

• i like the little city records label

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Add in Deep City and First Priority while we're at it.

And re: the Motown t-shirt. Dudes...I liked the original colorway. Make one of those too.

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    damn I didn't know doggone was on 45.... is it part 1 and part 2? and does it have the break is the real question.

I wish I had them, they had been on eBay last year and I had never seen it on 45 either. In both instances they were the B-side to "Stand Out", and I believe both versions of "Doggone" are different lengths, with one clocking in at about 6 minutes, so I would assume the break is on there. Eventually I'll find out.

I also never knew Out Here[/b] came out on Harvest in the UK, so down the line I hope to find a copy to have, as it's one of my favorite albums.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

That is f-r-e-s-h. Had never seen that before.

yeah, i have been thinkin about making some t-shirts of it..Im thinkin a charcoal grey shit with the logo in light blue would be a good look

I'd cop.

yup.

+1

XXL for me, plaese!

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts

when i was maybe five years old, i remember somebody's older sister had this very 45, and the fishbone freaked me out! i love it now cause its so off the wall

This was the label design to United Artists' 45 reissue line, the "Silver Spotlight Series," back in the seventies

Cadence Records...a mostly square label, but that maroon/silver label with the metronome was pure class

• Options
    I'd love one of these shirts too.

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts

Mine too.

I knew you would up this one

Mine too.

I knew you would up this one

now THAT logo should be a t-shirt

took me a long time before i got the pun ("filet of soul") and the fish that went along with it - before that, i thought it was just a very awkward label name

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    agreed Pickwick.

also this more updated label, plus my friend will be on it soon!!!! YAY!!!!

• DustedDonDustedDon 830 Posts

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

• calkutacalkuta 160 Posts

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    This is more about the label itself, although I've always been an Atlantic junkie.

How long did this variation last?

• johnshadejohnshade 577 Posts
    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    This is more about the label itself, although I've always been an Atlantic junkie.

How long did this variation last?

isnt that a chinese pressing? i dont think this variation ever existed in the US.

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    cant find apic, but that little arrow of the perception logo is hot

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts

• not the best pic, but it's all I could find. the lil afro lady in the bottom left corner:

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts

I'll be printing this up on some american apparel blanks, I know you wider and more sophisticated dudes may not want this brand of shirt, but those who do give me a shout.

• high_chigh_c 1,384 Posts

I'll be printing this up on some american apparel blanks, I know you wider and more sophisticated dudes may not want this brand of shirt, but those who do give me a shout.

what are the color choices?

• observobserv 55 Posts

always really liked the memphix logo

• skattaskatta 48 Posts
    Love, the Finnish label

• Some others:

Federal, King, Money (green & white), anything really raer

• KUCKUCK

ECM

• Love, the Finnish label

THAT'S HILARIOUS!

• deLYSdeLYS 388 Posts
    all cartoons and almost anything w/ clouds

~3BOATS

If it involves a globe, like Cream, Trans World Sound or Tamla......can't go wrong.