hat strut

2»

Comments

• phatmoneysackphatmoneysack Melbourne 1,124 Posts
    As far as i'm concerned there are only two hats

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts
    i need a new yankee cap. i have an LA hat in the yankee colors but its getting that worn a lot smell.... someone just told me to clean it with simple green...? anyone try this or know a good way to clean stanky caps?

I soak my hats in the sink with some detergent for a while, then spray any really dirty spots with some stain remover like Shout. After the hat has soaked a while I run them in the top rack of the dishwasher (without any dishes or dish soap of course). After the dishwasher stops I stuff the inside of the hat with a towel and mold it into the shape I want and leave it in the sun for a while to dry. A new hat is nice but I like my old broken in hats more.

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
    what is the difference between fedora and trilby hats? google wasn't much help in this regard...all i get is "trilby has a narrower brim" but i've yet to see a comparison of a trilby and fedora side by side. to make matters worse, on some UK sites i noticed it saying something along the lines that they call fedora's trilbys over there...but that doesnt sound right.

• john_doejohn_doe 237 Posts
    I broke out my crispy Fitted classic Reds cap cause it's opening day.

Usually I rock an assorted bunch of crispy caps.

• ZeusZeus 162 Posts

Bailey's are a good brand, as are Dobbs, Steston and Borsalino ($BALLER$).
    However try to avoid the ones made with wool. They don't last long and will lose shape if you get caught in the rain. Spend the extra dough and get the ones made from fur/pelt as the quality is much higher.

I must also recommend a Dobbs straw hat - summertime essential:

This is a great place to get hats:

http://www.bencrafthats.com/index.php

This is grown man speak right hurr. Also Meyer from New Orleans is a good store.

http://www.meyerthehatter.com/meyer/

• kwalitykwality 620 Posts
    I broke out my crispy Fitted classic Reds cap cause it's opening day.

Usually I rock an assorted bunch of crispy caps.

Thanks to my ever increasing baldspot I'm stepping my cap game up pretty well. I'm desperately looking for a proper wool version of this one -

• jaysusjaysus 787 Posts

^^^ Check my new hat!

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    Rocking a fedora in l.a. is pretty played. I might advise against it.

• Options
    Anyone know where I can get a vintage Mexican baseball league hat?