hat strut

djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
edited March 2008 in Strut Central
no not hatt but HAT, grown and sexy steez. how many of ya'll rock Fedoras/drivers caps/porkpies/bowlers?I usually rock these jointsbut this weekend I copped one of these and I'm diggin the new look, I think I added something permanent to my repetoireI want this one next

Comments

• djkingottodjkingotto 1,704 Posts
    yes. always have. i've got about 38 hats of all different styles.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts

i like to stand out in a crowd

• street_muzikstreet_muzik 3,919 Posts

This is what I'm wearing today.

• ZEN2ZEN2 1,540 Posts
    i have 39

1 hat, Bob.

• pointmanpointman 1,042 Posts
    Buying hats is a serious pain in the ass for me. I wear a size 8 (As far as I know, the largest New Era makes) in fitted caps and that isn't big on me either. Bought a custom made drivers cap in Argentina and I think I'm going to get one or more done locally soon.

Getting handmade hats custom for yourself is

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    I've been sporting this for a while. I'm surprised how many compliments I get from people. Most think it's a Giants beanie though.

https://www.stonehousedigital.com/stores.../BC115//1773602

?

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

I just bought a wool fedora last night, this looks like something more appropriate for Houston summers.

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts

I just bought a wool fedora last night, this looks like something more appropriate for Houston summers.

Bailey's of Hollywood is the maker, they got some dope hats. All the ones I like seem to be in the $40 range

Buying hats is a serious pain in the ass for me. I wear a size 8 (As far as I know, the largest New Era makes) in fitted caps and that isn't big on me either. Bought a custom made drivers cap in Argentina and I think I'm going to get one or more done locally soon.

Getting handmade hats custom for yourself is

where are you getting custom hats? Miller hats offa Washington is the only spot that I know.

I rock a 7 5/8 FITTED (no shyne).

Bailey's of Hollywood is the maker, they got some dope hats. All the ones I like seem to be in the $40 range

Just went to the site. Remind me to never buy a hat designed by this dude:

Por ejemplo:

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts

Just went to the site. Remind me to never buy a hat designed by this dude:

Por ejemplo:

yeah no shit, I was actually really curious what the actual hats looked like but nothing on the site...might have to do some searching.

• DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts

Bailey's are a good brand, as are Dobbs, Steston and Borsalino ($BALLER$).
    However try to avoid the ones made with wool. They don't last long and will lose shape if you get caught in the rain. Spend the extra dough and get the ones made from fur/pelt as the quality is much higher.

I must also recommend a Dobbs straw hat - summertime essential:

This is a great place to get hats:

http://www.bencrafthats.com/index.php

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    it's all about the wicker baseball hats like the jamaicans rock.

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts

• high_chigh_c 1,384 Posts

• empanadamnempanadamn 1,462 Posts
    I rock a 7 5/8 FITTED (no shyne).

they didn't call you the head detective por nada

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts

today i rock the

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts

gross.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts

gross.

Jealous.

• ToccuDomuToccuDomu 225 Posts
    I have a 7 7/8 head (squareheaded-norwegian ancestors related) so finding good hats is difficult. Long ago I found a vintage grey-tweed Trilby hat which I liked, but have since lost. Most google results for Trilby's are quite awful, but this one is somewhat representative of the style:

Some of you fedora fans might like them.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    I broke out my worn in Fitted classic Yankee cap cause its opening day.

Usually I rock an assorted bunch of crispy Yankee caps.

i need a new yankee cap. i have an LA hat in the yankee colors but its getting that worn a lot smell.... someone just told me to clean it with simple green...? anyone try this or know a good way to clean stanky caps?

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    i need a new yankee cap. i have an LA hat in the yankee colors but its getting that worn a lot smell.... someone just told me to clean it with simple green...? anyone try this or know a good way to clean stanky caps?

There is no cleaning of caps. U replace them w/ a new one. I hold on to my worn in caps for rainy days like today or if im getting dirty.

• ZEN2ZEN2 1,540 Posts

• empanadamnempanadamn 1,462 Posts

• covecove 1,566 Posts

and variations thereupon...

• ToccuDomuToccuDomu 225 Posts

Yeah, Indy illustrates my problem with fedoras here: the large brim just doesn't work for me.

There is no cleaning of caps. U replace them w/ a new one. I hold on to my worn in caps for rainy days like today or if im getting dirty.

i figured as much. i tried that hat cage thing back in high school (we'll call it 20 years ago) and while it cleaned the cap, it also ruined its shape...