thursday night is hipster night? my local bar R

2»

Comments

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    The reservoir is empty now.

they already drained the echo park lake? you sure?

They drained silver lake. I didn't know they were draining echo park too. I bet they're going to find some nasty shit down there.

no doubt. if I were the Ramparts cops I would be shook!

• pjl2000xlpjl2000xl 1,795 Posts
    common people party

we recently got these dudes djing once a month by me. Their cool guys but as hipster as it gets. The parties are decent, lots of "jawns" and decent music. I think one of the dudes posts on hollerboard. They have that whole b-more, willamsburg, the rub[/b] thing going on.

Yes, I'm as HIPSTER as it gets. Mad Williamsburg, son...
    haha.

They just play a lot of the same music, mashups, 80s, hip hop, dance type shit. Didnt mean to say you are the epitome of hipster culture, they just have elements of all those things at there parties. I think DJ Morsy, who is playing there tonight, has played at the rub.
    http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=369787

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts

(I would say Little Joy down the street has bigger butted bike riding girls)

i concur
    the crowd there has changed a lot in the past few years
    first time i went it was a bunch of mexican biker dudes

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

last time I was there I walked a couple blocks West to the Brite Spot for a burger, then a couple more blocks W to the 4100 Club, then...I don't remember the rest.

So after the gig ended, I hit up Burrito King (Sunset/Alvarado) down the block and got to witness the meeting of two Chads, discussing the girls left sitting in their cars.

Some highlights:

Chad 1: "What kind of burrito can I get for...uh...4 dollars?" (You kind of had to be there, but the way this came off was kind of sad).

Chad 2: "Where'd you come from? The Short Stop? I had a three-way kiss there once."
    Chad 1: "No way. Were they hot?"
    Chad 2: "One was banging. The other was "part of the package.'"

Chad 2: "I'm here with this girl I picked up last week. But there's one problem."
    Chad 1: "What?"
    Chad 2: "Guess."
    Chad 1: "She's a...lesbian?"
    Chad 2: "That wouldn't be a problem." (both laugh). Naw man, she's...Christian."

Chad 2: "Go ahead, check her out."
    Chad 1 steps away from the counter, takes a look at Chad 2's girl in the car. Returns.
    Chad 1: "Yeah man, she's pretty hot. You can check out my girl - she's sitting in the car too, next to yours, but she's not as hot."

Amazingly, I don't ever recall hearing the term "bro" used this entire time. Probably some "dudes" in there though.

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    Chad 1: "What kind of burrito can I get for...uh...4 dollars?" (You kind of had to be there, but the way this came off was kind of sad).

Chad 2: "Where'd you come from? The Short Stop? I had a three-way kiss there once."

Chad 2: "I'm here with this girl I picked up last week. But there's one problem."
    Chad 2: "That wouldn't be a problem." (both laugh). Naw man, she's...Christian."

Chad 1 steps away from the counter, takes a look at Chad 2's girl in the car. Returns.
    Chad 1: "Yeah man, she's pretty hot. You can check out my girl - she's sitting in the car too, next to yours, but she's not as hot."

Amazingly, I don't ever recall hearing the term "bro" used this entire time. Probably some "dudes" in there though.

5 * S * T * A * R * S ! ! ![/b]

• The-gafflerThe-gaffler 2,190 Posts
    any high-fives though?

or the word "Beeje" ?

No high-fives.

I was halfway tempted to check out both men's girls just to see what kind of girl ends up dating douches like those.

last time I was there I walked a couple blocks West to the Brite Spot for a burger, then a couple more blocks W to the 4100 Club, then...I don't remember the rest.

So after the gig ended, I hit up Burrito King (Sunset/Alvarado) down the block and got to witness the meeting of two Chads, discussing the girls left sitting in their cars.

Some highlights:

I am offended that you offered this up, ahem, in apparent response to my story.

nonetheless an amusing poast.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    I lived in Echo Park for a minute...is that bar "The shortstop" still there(I lived behind it)? Im guessing it is a hipster bar...it had the makings of one back in 2001...that dude form the Afghan Wigs owned it.

That's O-Dub's hipster bar.

Justice might be one of the coolest doormen i've met, ever.

(I would say Little Joy down the street has bigger butted bike riding girls)

funny about the short stop...man if I knew of my ability to spot hipster trends back then, I shoulda found a way to make money off of it...
    I used to hit that bar up because I could walk to it...one time I saw that dude Rodney (who I dont know, just frequented his little shop on sunset) DJ there...at least I think it was there. To this day I am trying to remember this cool John Kaye solo tune he played in the shop once...sick fender rhodes stuff. Oh well, sorry for the slight hi-jack.

I think the freaks come out at that burrito king late at night.

You ain't never lie.

Though these two guys were hardly freaks. More like two "dudes" who had watched too much from "The Pick-Up Artist."