thursday night is hipster night? my local bar R

mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
edited March 2008 in Strut Central
when did this happen? omg, at least they play all types of music (aka hip hop and rock)PBR was flowinps: hipster girls love the free pizza

Comments

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    btw, 21 was an okay movie, not that great, what I expected
    makes me wanna read the book

• Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts
    thursday is the start of the weekend bro. It's the new Friday. Talking about it is so Tuesday though.

I didn't know you went to college. I didn't, my name is UCLA.

• Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts
    are you posting from the hipster bar on a thursday night while reading a novel and studying for an exam at Ookla?

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    btw, 21 was an okay movie, not that great, what I expected
    makes me wanna read the book

I couldn't get past the first few pages. Cheap and terrible.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    when did this happen? omg, at least they play all types of music (aka hip hop and rock)

PBR was flowin

ps: hipster girls love the free pizza

just came back from a quick gig at a bar downtown.

Definitely hipster night, but thats a Frickin' good thing. While y'all complain about hipsters I'm grabbing their girlfriends phone numbers.

I think its time to get a weekly

Cheap and terrible.

^^describes the movie actually, I think Kate at my favorite bar (not my local bar) made my drink way tooo stiff and the free movie seemed better than it was...after party was BLLLLLAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

no not posting from tha bar, I'm done with that schitt...scored a free whole pizza pie from a local joint and brought it to the bar...trying to cut down on the carbs

lessons learnt:
    21: shoddy movie, rent it if you are bored and drunk
    hipster girls: love free pizza
    bring free pizza to the bar = free drinks all night
    mylatency: does not love hipster night

free beer from all 3 bartenders was nice though

peace out, gotta "work" in the morning lulz

Definitely hipster night, but thats a Frickin' good thing. While y'all complain about hipsters I'm grabbing their girlfriends phone numbers.

^^^truth, but do you really want to go there / take it there? seriously, come on man..urgh

I did learn that nico is a graffiti artist..she has a nice mike giant piece on her arm..priceless

I think its time to get a weekly

KING OF THE BLIND DATE

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    dunna dunn duh dunn! HIJACK!

...........^^anyone else fox with these??^^

i like big butt'd hipster girls that ride bikes.

my local bar (silver lake related) is FILLED with hipsters.

^^^misterwheeler describes every hipster bar on earth, then again los feliz, glendale, and silverlake have an extraordinary concentration of hipsters

THRAED JACK: UCLA WON, BATCHES

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    i like big butt'd hipster girls that ride bikes.

my local bar (silver lake related) is FILLED with hipsters.

Silverlake has some nice spots. The Echo is really where its at (most nights)

I just did the Redwood bar off of 2nd. If I didn't have a girlfriend I'd be in a car with a woman whose name I wouldn't know til 5:45am

• troublemantroubleman 1,928 Posts

are you posting in the announcement section for these? I wouldn't mind getting out to see you spin in my backyard sometime

Does westwood have hipsters now? I only see Chanel Sunnies when i go over there.

I haven't set foot in Westwood in years, closest I got was Swingers in Sta. Monica recently, lol. I'd only expect Chanel Sunnies, too. I'm talking where I'm at, which is not LA.

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts
    Does westwood have hipsters now?

I haven't been there in a minute, either, but it's LA, so there will be hipsters.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

are you posting in the announcement section for these? I wouldn't mind getting out to see you spin in my backyard sometime

I keep my gigs quiet.

Maybe I'll start announcing...I've only done a handful this year

• troublemantroubleman 1,928 Posts

I keep my gigs quiet.

Maybe I'll start announcing...I've only done a handful this year

Please PM or call me. I would love to catch a set

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Foll - you should have rolled to MY hipster bar. Pretty good crowd though I did get a Chad asking for "Golddigger." He wasn't heart-broken when I said we don't play hip-hop.

Add: a Becky asking for "Timberlake" and mad that we wouldn't go thurr.

And...oh shit...Boots RIley just stopped by!

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    when did this happen? omg, at least they play all types of music (aka hip hop and rock)

PBR was flowin

ps: hipster girls love the free pizza

Hipsters as a rule don't have jobs that require them to get up in the morning. There's a very popular Boston club night on Tuesdays that has all the early twenty-something fools you could possibly hope for. It's called Heartthrob.

WARNING: THAT MYSPACE PAGE MAY OFFEND YOUR SENSIBILITIES[/b]

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    self-loathing

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    self-loathing

I don't have enough style to be a hipster. And try as I might, I'm always behind the cool kids when it comes to the "hip". I cry.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    I lived in Echo Park for a minute...is that bar "The shortstop" still there(I lived behind it)? Im guessing it is a hipster bar...it had the makings of one back in 2001...that dude form the Afghan Wigs owned it.

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts

Hipsters as a rule don't have jobs that require them to get up in the morning. There's a very popular Boston club night on Tuesdays that has all the early twenty-something fools you could possibly hope for. It's called Heartthrob.

when i went to school in boston the only mainstream hip hop club night was on tuesdays at bill's bar. the dj would kill it (dj chaos...this was like 10 years ago though) and random hip hop dudes would show up , like eminem and made men who might have still been almighty rso.

• The-gafflerThe-gaffler 2,190 Posts
    I did learn that nico is a STRIKE>graffiti/STRIKE> ironic hipster "street art" artist..she has a nice mike giant piece on her arm..priceless

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    L.O.L.... HIPSTERS

• pjl2000xlpjl2000xl 1,795 Posts
    common people party

we recently got these dudes djing once a month by me. Their cool guys but as hipster as it gets. The parties are decent, lots of "jawns" and decent music. I think one of the dudes posts on hollerboard. They have that whole b-more, willamsburg, the rub thing going on.

Yeah - Justice rocks. Super-duper nice guy and he helped us land this weekly b/c he liked our one-off so much.

A friend was telling me that in a past life-time, the Shortstop was a cop bar, a hangout for all the Rampart cops. I asked the bartenders about it and they showed me where the bullet holes in the door were. :ewf:

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    common people party

we recently got these dudes djing once a month by me. Their cool guys but as hipster as it gets. The parties are decent, lots of "jawns" and decent music. I think one of the dudes posts on hollerboard. They have that whole b-more, willamsburg, the rub[/b] thing going on.

Yes, I'm as HIPSTER as it gets. Mad Williamsburg, son...

• The-gafflerThe-gaffler 2,190 Posts
    common people party

we recently got these dudes djing once a month by me. Their cool guys but as hipster as it gets. The parties are decent, lots of "jawns" and decent music. I think one of the dudes posts on hollerboard. They have that whole b-more, willamsburg, the rub thing going on.

hahaha, my friend slaby did some artwork for those guys

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    Yeah - Justice rocks. Super-duper nice guy and he helped us land this weekly b/c he liked our one-off so much.

A friend was telling me that in a past life-time, the Shortstop was a cop bar, a hangout for all the Rampart cops. I asked the bartenders about it and they showed me where the bullet holes in the door were. :ewf:

last time I was there I walked a couple blocks West to the Brite Spot for a burger, then a couple more blocks W to the 4100 Club, then...I don't remember the rest.

BTW they are draining the lake this summer...I am DEFINTITELY coming down to see that shit. I saw them pull a body out of there once before, lord knows whatever other schitt they're gonna find.