Which 2001 album holds up better?

mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
edited March 2008 in Strut Central

Comments

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
    wow. 2001 kinda sucked. im pretty sure i was still listening to that 69 love songs thing.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Dirty Money

Seriously though, I can't listen to the others anymore. Nas is one of my favorite solo dudes, but that album was kinda trite. Cannibal Ox I can't even discuss. I think I might have needle dropped 4 songs on there before giving it away. The blueprint is dope, but none of the cuts seem classic, to me at least.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    2001 kinda sucked.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Dirty Money.

Let Me See It and Choppin' Blades are top tier classics down here.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    BluePrint, even though its not a private mind garden classic to me.

Stillmatic was Stillborn. The reverse song is

• UnconSciUnconSci 824 Posts
    Cold Vein no doubt

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
    in 01 i started working in hunter's point at a spot for ex-offender young folks. i got a shotgun course in bay rap here. i remember being really fond of a mac dre song called take yer panties off or something like that. prolly not from 01 but thats when i first heard it. that song always reminds me of 9/11. i mean, theyre not related except by time.

• djkingottodjkingotto 1,704 Posts
    blueprint.

stillmatic was alright.

cannibal ox is unlistenable (the cold vein beat was cool, i put that inst on a mixcd).

haven't heard dirty money.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    Blueprint with UGK very close behind.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Jay-Z, I guess, but yeah, 2001 was pretty weak.

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    I respect Jay-Z as a rapper and I like a lot of his songs, but I feel like all of his albums have great songs and terrible, unlistenable songs.

Dirty Money is solid all the way, with the slight exception of those unlistenable scratches on Money, Hos, Power, haha. Dirty Money is still the best of those 4 to me though. Held up the best. Still listenable. Choppin' Blades to the tune of Captain Save a Ho is the shit.

• CraigCraig 269 Posts
    I only own the cannibal ox. Which i ain't listened to since it came out as i got bored of it relatively quickly.

I only own the cannibal ox. Which i ain't listened to since it came out as i got bored of it relatively quickly.

BAN for only owning Cannibal Ox?

or

REPRIEVE for getting bored with it quickly?

Blueprint with UGK very close behind.

Agree with that ^

Got all of these and still listen to Blueprint and Dirty Money a bit. Cold Vein doesn't get much play at all, although I still think it was a nice album with good production. Stillmatic not listen to since 2001 probably.

• sweet. can we get one of the back cover (where raekwon is picking his nose)?

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    2001 kinda sucked.

b/w Anything but Cannibal Ox

• Pistol_PetePistol_Pete 1,289 Posts
    Easily the Blueprint

Then UGK and Stillmatic

> Blueprint

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    ugk or blueprint, i dunno i cant listen to blueprint any more but at the time it was massive to me

uhhhh there are lots of good '01 albums tho

• Oliver,

Please explain the inclusion of Cannibal Ox in your original post.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Oliver,

Catnip for Strut, son.

Besides, it scored #1 for quite a few heads. Chew on that!

But yeah - 2001 was TERRIBLE. I had forgotten this until I started looking through possible nominees and the short list was mad short bus. And not in a good "short bus" way.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    ugk or blueprint, i dunno i cant listen to blueprint any more but at the time it was massive to me

Dungeon Family
    Eightball & MJG
    Ludacris

...what else?

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Oliver,

Catnip for Strut, son.

Besides, it scored #1 for quite a few heads. Chew on that!

You spelled "headz" wrong.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    I should add, "Cannibal Ox" was in my top 3 for 2001. But I've never wanted to listen to that album since which I think pretty much explains whether I think it's "held up". Oops.

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts

these were among the funniest/coolest internet graphics i ever seen, do u have the rest of them?

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    Asheru & Blue Black's "Soon Come" was my favorite album of 2001. The Can Ox brought me back to Bomb Squad noise tracks. I haven't played it in years.

• DJCireDJCire 729 Posts

Dungeon Family
    Eightball & MJG
    Ludacris

...what else?

I cant and never listen to this str8 thru but its still got crazy bangers on here.