Millions Of Words A Day And Some Are Flat Out Lies

Comments

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts

Obama initially said he never heard Wright say inflammatory remarks. He wisely didn't stand by that statement. She appears so muleheaded that she wont back down.

well nor did Obama "back down" from his earlier claim never to have heard Wright say inflammatory shit. he just ignored his earlier claim. and as far as I know (in contrast to Clinton), no one has said to him "but you claimed never to have heard these remarks in the first place," which -- if he were truly caught off guard rather than allowed time to write a speech about it -- would probably have led to a mealy-mouthed response like Clinton's.

You have no way to prove that. Stop projecting Hillary's weaknesses on Obama.

fair enough. so it's apples and oranges. laserwolf tried to place Obama-pretending-to-never-have-heard-his-preacher-talk-bad-on-the-US-only-to-then-ignore-said-claim-in-his-speech-several-days-later-without-anyone-having-directly-confronted-him-on-it-then-or-since on equal footing with Clinton-questioned-directly-and-off-the-cuff-on-an-embarassing-misstatement-and-forced-to-come-up-with-lame-on-the-spot-excuse.

I just don't see the similarities at all between these two events.

Laserwold talmbout Obama backed down and Hillary didn't.

truth is no one has challenged Obama on this because his speech has supposedly made his previous claim irrelevant.

really all he did was change the subject.

Obama was asked. He didn't repeat. The guy is not hiding from the press.

He did not change the subject. He addressed the subject directly.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts

I'm not picking a fight here. I honestly have not seen this covered in the media.

Obama was asked, "why did you deny having heard Wright say these things?"?

It was my understanding that he was never confronted on this.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    dudes... she went to BOSNIA with SINBAD.

I think this makes her unelectable. I mean, imagine if Obama went to Sudan with Cedric The Entertainer.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    if obama went to the sudan with katt williams we would have world peace

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts

I'm not picking a fight here. I honestly have not seen this covered in the media.

Obama was asked, "why did you deny having heard Wright say these things?"?

It was my understanding that he was never confronted on this.

I didn't think so.

I don't know why you ever brought up the Obama thing.

• dudes... she went to BOSNIA with SINBAD.
    How do you know he wasn't there as security?![/b]

• luckluck 4,077 Posts

Obama initially said he never heard Wright say inflammatory remarks. He wisely didn't stand by that statement. She appears so muleheaded that she wont back down.

well nor did Obama "back down" from his earlier claim never to have heard Wright say inflammatory shit. he just ignored his earlier claim. and as far as I know (in contrast to Clinton), no one has said to him "but you claimed never to have heard these remarks in the first place," which -- if he were truly caught off guard rather than allowed time to write a speech about it -- would probably have led to a mealy-mouthed response like Clinton's.

Some aggrandize greatness, and others have greatness thrust upon them by millions, I suppose. The obvious difference is that Hillary brought up the Bosnia landing, skewed it, and still can't address it. Obama didn't bring up his ex-pastor, but he eventually handled it (boy howdy) after a skew from his spokesman.

The Hillary/Bosnia thing isn't a big issue - it's only lightly substantive - but it certainly makes her look flat out dumb. I mean: there was a news crew there. Additionally, her negative interest rate compounds with each attempt to play it off. This is looking like another Clintonian "definition of 'is' is" statements - an annoying equivocation that comes off all asshole-y.

If she'd simply have played the landing footage without hyperbole, it would have made her look more Presidential - look, here's Hillary visiting a war-torn country and offering hope - but now, it just makes her look like a pageboy-wearing, false-resum??-having politician.

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts

Some aggrandize greatness, and others have greatness thrust upon them by millions

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts
    obama supporters are embarrassing. whether hillary misspoke, intentionally lied, or embellished a story about whether there was "sniper fire" in her '96 trip to Bosnia is meaningless. the contemporaneous news reports all talked about the riskiness of her trip into "enemy territory". so, really, all that is in dispute is the issue of sniper fire, unless you want to call every newspaper to task as well.

now how is this an issue for the election? "exaggerations" come out of every campaign almost every day. obama talks about introducing legislation that he really didnt introduce, mccain f*cks up the difference between shiite and sunni, and hillary embellishes a trip to Bosnia. get over it. rootlesscosmo is right about hillary haters just looking for an excuse to bash her. she has lost. move on. do you know anything about your own candidate, or just the negative spin stories about hillary that are generated by the gop? pathetic.

Dudes... SINBAD.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Hillary supporters pointing the finger at Obama supporters over an issue like this is what's really embarassing.

In other news: Huckabee is making some much-needed sense (regarding Wright)...

"Obama has handled this about as well as anybody could, and I agree, it's a very historic speech . . ." Huckabee said on MSNBC. "He made the point and I think it's a valid one. That you can't hold the candidate responsible for everything that people around him may say or do. You just can't. Whether it's me, whether it's Obama, anybody else. But he did distance himself from the very vitriolic statements."

Huckabee went much further. "I grew up in a very segregated South. And I think that you have to cut some slack . . . I'm probably the only conservative in America who's going to say something like this, but I'm just telling you. We've got to cut some slack to people who grew up being called names, being told you have to sit in the balcony when you go to the movie; you have to go to the back door to go into the restaurant and you can't sit out there with everyone else; there's a separate waiting room in the doctor's office; here's where you sit on the bus.

"And you know what? Sometimes people do have a chip on their shoulder and resentment and you have to just say, I probably would too. I probably would too. In fact, I may have had a more, more of a chip on my shoulder had it been me."

(read more)

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    Dudes... SINBAD.

sayin

and i also agree with drewnice on the hillarysupporters bshing obama supporters

who started the dirty tricks in this campaing seriously...

that whole shame on you barack obama is nitpicking at its finest much worse than this lie she blantantly pulled..oh sorry esageration...everyone does it whatever she got caught

as a famous graemlin would claim...it is what it is

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    obama supporters are embarrassing. whether hillary misspoke, intentionally lied, or embellished a story about whether there was "sniper fire" in her '96 trip to Bosnia is meaningless. the contemporaneous news reports all talked about the riskiness of her trip into "enemy territory". so, really, all that is in dispute is the issue of sniper fire, unless you want to call every newspaper to task as well.

now how is this an issue for the election? "exaggerations" come out of every campaign almost every day. obama talks about introducing legislation that he really didnt introduce, mccain f*cks up the difference between shiite and sunni, and hillary embellishes a trip to Bosnia. get over it. rootlesscosmo is right about hillary haters just looking for an excuse to bash her. she has lost. move on. do you know anything about your own candidate, or just the negative spin stories about hillary that are generated by the gop? pathetic.

If she has lost, why is she still stinking up the airwaves everyday? And today she is trying to keep the Reverend Wright 'scandal' in the press because they caught her fluffing up her own non-experience in foreign affairs. She is an embarrassment, and has been from the start. Obama, McCain, whatever, just please, someone get Hillary off the air!

Dudes... SINBAD.

sayin

that whole shame on you barack obama is nitpicking at its finest much worse than this lie she blantantly pulled..oh sorry esageration...everyone does it whatever she got caught

lame. there is one hillary supporter in this entire thread, if that. as an obama supporter its embarrassing to see folks talk about this as if it is a real issue. its gossip at best. obama, himself, hasn't said a word about this bs story. in the nyt, i think it was a page 19 story, or something like that. no doubt that fox news, rush limbaugh and sean hannity gave this plenty of press though.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    obama, himself, hasn't said a word about this bs story.

i respect your opinion kvh and you have shown class and restraint recently

this type of action (both restraint and not sayin a word) has been a staple of obama and not of hillary and i wish it would have been that way

what is your opinion on the shame on you comment and on the exagerations it was critizicing

Hey look Hillary has not a chance in hell of winning the nomination. She deserves everything she gets from here on out IMO. She wants it so bad then let her have it. I really have a hard time feeling bad for the poor little spoiler, who basically acts like she should be nominated because she deserves it. Short of her mopping the floor with Obama in every remaining state she is just playing the kamikaze.

The double standard is the only thing here that is embarrassing and pathetic.

If the roles were reversed Obama would've been forced to step down months ago.

And if Obama had a) fabricated some kind of hostile fire combat experience or b) traveled to a foreign country with a COMEDIAN the press would've roasted him on the spit for it.

There is no debate on the issues. This is what we're left with, this back and forth volley of accusations and surrogate attacks and it all started when Clinton's campaign realized that even if they won Texas and Ohio they could not win the nomination legitimately. This is what they're about.

And indeed, those chickens are coming home to roost.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts

exactly furthermore

judas! VS they think they are entitled to the white house

which surrogate comment is worse

the democrats get dirty!...

almost all of the dirt slaingin came from miss i wont let go...it just damages the party

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    1) ANY other Democratic candidate besides Hillary would have already stepped aside, supported Barack, and done what's best for their party. The fact that Hillary won't amuses the shit out of me.

2) Things never seem as bad as they really are when it's YOUR candidate. As my grandmother use to say....people with B.O. are always the last one to know it.

3) Hillary came out with some pretty outrageous statements about Rev. Wright yesterday, which is obviously a much more important and pertinent issue than her being called on her bullshit.

4) As long as Hillary insists on dragging out the nomination, and there is a chance that the candidate I support will be defeated by her, I will post early and often about what a scumbag I think she is.

5) How on earth could the Clinton's put a national treasure like Sinbad in harm's way??

Dudes... SINBAD.

sayin

there is one hillary supporter in this entire thread

remember when there were two, judas?

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    listen its easy to defend hillary on the basis that we attack her too much

this had much more weight a while ago

WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK ABOUT HER (unilateral) MUDSLINGIN !!!

this is what i want to know...defend that please

Dudes... SINBAD.

sayin

Dudes... SINBAD.

sayin

I keed, I keed.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Dudes... SINBAD.

sayin

lame. there is one hillary supporter in this entire thread, if that. as an obama supporter its embarrassing to see folks talk about this as if it is a real issue. its gossip at best. obama, himself, hasn't said a word about this bs story. in the nyt, i think it was a page 19 story, or something like that. no doubt that fox news, rush limbaugh and sean hannity gave this plenty of press though.

The issue is that this is an example of Hillary exaggerating her foreign policy experience, something she boldly touts as making her more qualified than Obama to run this country. It's really that simple. Take it for what it's worth, but it's no different than the truck load of bull that she has been and continues to spout his way.

1) ANY other Democratic candidate besides Hillary would have already stepped aside, supported Barack, and done what's best for their party. The fact that Hillary won't amuses the shit out of me.

this is the biggest democratic turnout in a primary...ever, and hillary has nearly 50% of the popular vote, and has won almost every blue state. she should just say f*ck you to all those people...for the benefit of the party? its not lights out just yet.

3) Hillary came out with some pretty outrageous statements about Rev. Wright yesterday, which is obviously a much more important and pertinent issue than her being called on her bullshit.

like what? all she said was that he wouldn't have been her pastor. i think millions of democrats agree.

4) As long as Hillary insists on dragging out the nomination, and there is a chance that the candidate I support will be defeated by her, I will post early and often about what a scumbag I think she is.

your not even a democrat, who gives a shit what you think.

the media bias in favor of hillary?

I dont see how a pissing match over who may make a better commander in chief, or even foreign policy in a broader sense, helps either of these two candidates against McCain.

Its like dolo and Kala arguing over who has the better record collection here.

• It's a pretty bad look when Hilary and Bill do the mud slinging. Seems really childish and is kind of embarrassing. I lose respect for people who take cheap shots like that. Did she even need to make that statement about Rev. Wright? All she had to do was sit back and let that stew, her making a statement like that just makes her look even more petty, especially given her Bosnia statement. Obama seems to have pretty good restraint when it comes to that kind of thing, and comes off as more mature for it. And Bill.. god damn, dude is hardcore. Not a good look at all.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    Its like dolo and Kala arguing over who has the better record collection here.

zing!

the comedic aspect of your fa??ade along with the brazilian recoreds are your best sides
    also that graemlin

It's a pretty bad look when Hilary and Bill do the mud slinging. Seems really childish and is kind of embarrassing. I lose respect for people who take cheap shots like that. Did she even need to make that statement about Rev. Wright? All she had to do was sit back and let that stew, her making a statement like that just makes her look even more petty, especially given her Bosnia statement. Obama seems to have pretty good restraint when it comes to that kind of thing, and comes off as more mature for it. And Bill.. god damn, dude is hardcore. Not a good look at all.

she doesnt have time to sit back. its the final two minutes of the game and Obama is running out the clock. she has to try and turn the ball over, even if it means drawing a foul.