~ Mid / Week / Finds ~

SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
edited March 2008 in Strut Central
Just some 45's. A few real world, a couple online:So psyched to land the Ballard after looking for a little while.Ended up getting it from eBay.fr for almost nothing, minimum bid stylee.

Comments

• gravelheadwrapgravelheadwrap corn 948 Posts

Pretty psyched on all these in one week. That's my second Lucien.

• that stanley cowell album is awesome.... good find.

here's some stuff from today:

plastic wax had a few interesting bits in for reasonable prices. picked up another CHRISTIAN VANDER lp - when will i learn?
    replaced my copy of the AMON DUUL album that i traded a while a go - i think i like the first disc of this.
    got the JOHNNY HALLYDAY ep for the killer "mal (hush)". and a couple of hip hop bits - a 90's album i used to love that i never got round to getting on vinyl - and the new P BROTHERS single - ive been waiting for this for ages. heaviest beat makers currently working, and they're from the uk. having said that i only like one of the tracks on here. where's the album???

• hammertimehammertime 2,389 Posts
    got some 45s in the mail...these are by far the highlights:

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    got some 45s in the mail...these are by far the highlights:

you got a pretty good deal on that SOB, the last one in the same condition went for $400

• hammertimehammertime 2,389 Posts
    i wouldn't have been mad at paying $400...that tune has been making me go all night.

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    Nice stuff hammertime.

I picked up some things in the real world the past two days. No photos. Deal.

Hurby's Machine - The House That Rap Built (dope)
    Public Enemy - Shut 'Em Down (picture disc)
    Oliver Sain - Bus Stop LP
    Eddie Palmeiri - Vamonos Pal Monte
    Big Daddy Kane - How You Get a Record Deal (2x Sealed)
    Sherman Robertson and the Crosstown Blues Band - Married Blues (Lunar #2)
    Doug Adams & Light Rain (Private hippie folk. Waxidermical)
    The Cyrkle - Turn of The Century / Don't Cry, No Fears, No Tears Comin' Your Way

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts

• karlophonekarlophone 1,697 Posts

^^its no secret that magnificent men records are good, but this one is pretty great.
    Bruce Palmer is nice psyche/folk?/oddness. this Jerry Butler id never seen.
    dick Jensen - alter ego to the bad guy in "No Country For Old Men"? its pretty tame for gamble/huff/bell, but ok.

^^ a burrell and a bohannon id never seen before. Just picking up more bland impulses when i see them.
    although, Gordon Jenkins has some amazing records, check "the 7 dreams" if you can find one.
    this labelle has a cover of "the revolution will not be televised", pretty neat.

^^1st Rodney Dangerfield! That "Spectrum" is a pretty early lalo schifrin.

^^ so many sparrow records are disappointing, this one is better than average to me.
    the others are these recording school workshop records, various artists and genres all over the map!
    much is awful, but there are some cool semi-experimental tracks here and there.

^^ top left is Alan Gerber, he was in Rhinoceros. its cropper/memphis band/production on fairly country/folkie stuff.

^^ got a look at a small rap collection in good shape. not much to pick from, but 1st TROY with cover ive ever found.

^^that Government EP is pretty amazing/hard to describe. Autographed Exoutics. Gayles family is deeply spiritual moder/gospel with a sweet break.

comedy relief!

^^what is up with the hot dog eating Satan man on the classical comp??

^^ 2 disc acetate(?) set of some old radio/promo thing, one side is literally
    disintegrating off of the metal plate. little flakes of grooves coming off.

45's..

nuwave/etc 7"s

and the winner!

"hello? who is this? whats that noise??" haha

• DJ_NevilleCDJ_NevilleC 1,922 Posts
    nice start this week and from multiple local sources too. the 12" is Horace Andy - Serious Thing and the top right record is Dunkelziffer - "Colours And Soul." If anyone can help me ID the Korean record in the second row please holler.

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    finally got my insurance money i was waiting on. decided to spend a little at the record store by my parents house. nice to fill some JB slots in my collection, as well as get the Count Five LP to make my co-worker jealous (and because i wanted it of course...):

LP's:
    Count Five - Psychotic Reaction (Double Shot)
    Hugh Masekela - is alive and well at the whiskey (UNI)
    Freddy Robinson - The Coming Atlantis (Pacific Jazz)
    James Brown - Plays Nothing But Soul (King)
    James Brown - Gettin' Down to it (King)
    James Brown - Plays New Breed (Smash)
    The Dells - Sweet as Funk can be (Cadet)

45s:
    Everything is Everything - Oooh Baby / Witchi Tai To (Vanguard Apostolic)
    Little Johnny Taylor - Everybody knows about my good thing Pts I/II (Ronn)

to top it off i got a 1981 BMW 320i for $850. the AC and back-up lights dont work, but other than that i have yet to find a single thing wrong with it....very happy. very similar to this one, only more of a blue-ish color. except for some repairs under the hood the thing basically looks MINT.

IMG src=http://bringatrailer.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/1982_BMW_320i_E21_3_Series_M88_Motorsport_Power_Front_1.jpg>

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b136/jusbidnis/masta3.gif" alt="" />

WOW favorite graemlin ever.

thanks!

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    the AC dont work
    BMW's achilles heel right there, extrememly $$$$$ to fix/replace too.

the AC dont work

the thing is i still have the compressor, i just think the pipes that connect to it broke somehow. something tells me if i hook it back up, flush the system, and but some freon in i might be in good shape. the pipes were FUCKED UP.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Only find so far this week............I had never heard it before...it's

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    the AC dont work

the thing is i still have the compressor, i just think the pipes that connect to it broke somehow. something tells me if i hook it back up, flush the system, and but some freon in i might be in good shape. the pipes were FUCKED UP.

gahead,ako. you find that at a thrift store too???
    youre like special ed and shit, with that fleet of scooters.

my big pickup last week was the "devil house",red one next door to the house ive been working on for a year.(this pic is 14 months old,btw).house i will move into is on the right.

got a couple records too...
    manfred mann chapter 3
    spook who sat by the door stk
    tony white with "studspider"

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    "studspider"

• fredfadesfredfades 584 Posts
    been in seattle two weeks plus did a trade with soulstrutter M DEJEAN... heres what i got:

• AsKo25AsKo25 32 Posts
    This is cool! I wonder why there's so many wacky records out there.

• Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts
    FredFades got that mega raer 22 X 4 Expedit.

• fredfadesfredfades 584 Posts
    Word.. custom designed for the church i live in.

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts
    Big thanks to graham for hooking me up with Ann Southam's Sky Sails!

Ah! completely forgot about that Solution record. cool stuff on there.

• rookrook 357 Posts
    from the last while..

don't know much about this cat, i know he had a release on esp. any good? i really like this record, pretty open and spartan free jazz stuff

dj food of ninjatune releases a lost late sixties left coast jazz psych surf harmony opus. interesting

knowledge dropped. plato knew everything, and to hear sidney break it down over tepid jazz is actually pretty appealing. thanks karlophone

dude from buffalo springfield went on the 2 side long jazzy folkish

i've always disliked this guy. this record is radd ssw nasality. again props to karlophone

nyc beat dude with very nice bladerunneresque instrumentals

beauty ssw with occasional mandolin, i'd be interested to hear his expensive first two efforts. thanks jeremy from waxidermy

mainstream psych

re:copped after recently watching the movie, komeda is cool. la la la lalalala lala. "GET THE FUCK OUT OF THE APARTMENT" third thanks to karl

well wicked re by indy label. the bonus 7" is schweet as is the record

xian hardrock. thank you to rodney from waxidermy, 'doctor jahhhhhhhhh hon!'

heavily sweated re lately. buy this, as again, the bonus 7" is killin it, even has the 'red hash is coming' bumper sticker

some trifling piano jazz funk. thank you hammertime

thrill jockey comes with instrumental guitars/drums/basses and general niceness. the name of the group is human bell

psych! with fuzz by kids, originally on bt puppy, expensive, this re works for me

also these 7's

ethnic 7's are it. awesome stuff

hard fast rough nj psych. the flip is almost the antithesis-a really peculiar downtempo folk psych tune with flutes.

• Traded for one of these last night!

• bloody hell Fred!!! aweome stuff - -how did you get all that home - must have weighed a tonne!!

some stuff from this morning -- sold a Jeffrey Lewis record on ebay and got loads more than i thought i would. so spunked it on these (plus more in the post)

the first THEO SCHUMANN record is boring apart from "derby" (which is on the 'amiga a go go' comp) - but the second one (blue cover) is Frickin' great . loads of mad beats and fuzz guitar. great fun. thanks to campag for the swirly SABBATH - been after it for a while. the ZALATNAY is a lot more consistent than some of her others -- almost the whole of side 2 is good - as opposed to one good song on some of the others. HALLO 3 is not as good as some of the others - the best song has already been put on "one nation under a grave"

the 45's are:
    BARIS MANCO - "olum allahin emri" (savage plodding number. great drums. Although i only bid on this to make the postage worthwhile on the Cem Karaka number i wanted - but got outbid on that one. typical)
    JERONIMO - "heya" (finally - killer song)
    BILLY BOND - "tontos" (my favourite track on Andy votel's "one nation under a grave" - he played it at the Bristol B-music thing so i found out what it was called and spunked some of my paypal balance on this nice 7. what a rocking tune!!!)

• been in seattle two weeks plus did a trade with soulstrutter M DEJEAN... heres what i got:

damn! you buing a lot of vinyl!

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    Only find so far this week............I had never heard it before...it's

you have obviously never seen the magic "jumping jack flash" can work on a dancefloor full of girls at 4AM...

• beauty ssw with occasional mandolin, i'd be interested to hear his expensive first two efforts. thanks jeremy from waxidermy

i recently found a nice copy of john villemonte's this album at the thrift, i was about to auction it off, i'd consider a trade

• rookrook 357 Posts

i recently found a nice copy of john villemonte's this album at the thrift, i was about to auction it off, i'd consider a trade

pm sent