~ Mid / Week / Finds ~

2»

Comments

• sysfunksysfunk 32 Posts
    Something I found today, The Afro-American Ensemble featuring L.C. Grier and Novella Edmonds: Free the Black Man's Chains - a Black Rock Opera. LP on GSF.

I don't have a digital camera (I still shoot film), so I had to snatch the cover from some eBay auction.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts

very un-Blue Cheer sounding Blue Cheer LP, but Ive always been on the look out for it for the very nice track "Im the Light"...great sitar led, late era psych...The Stooges is a white whale, never have turned this up in the field until now

The Impressions LPs are nice mono copies...aside form some appearances on John Coltrane LPs, this is the first Pharoah in my collection, never have dug his playing, but I like this combo of his usually gross tone with the latin backing, even has a nice funk cut "Harlem"

Clean ass copy of the Nina...

Mavis kills shit on "Chained"...that particular UFO lp was always of the "Ill grab it later" ilk("Rock Bottom" is one of the finest examples of early 70s metal ever) but I realized I hadnt seen a copy in a few years so I snagged this one when I saw it...

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    Something I found today, The Afro-American Ensemble featuring L.C. Grier and Novella Edmonds: Free the Black Man's Chains - a Black Rock Opera. LP on GSF.

I don't have a digital camera (I still shoot film), so I had to snatch the cover from some eBay auction.

odd one, there is a 45 of one cut from this album credited to the Broad Street Gang on Cougar records...

• sysfunksysfunk 32 Posts
    Funny, the back cover of the LP lists a lot of information but does not mention Broad Street Gang. I don't know whether the whole thing was a musical / theatre production / whatever or what, but sounds weird that they'd do the soundtrack on two different labels.

The LP sounds good though, I was expecting some funky rock, but it's actually more soulful, expect for the title song.

• Something I found today, The Afro-American Ensemble featuring L.C. Grier and Novella Edmonds: Free the Black Man's Chains - a Black Rock Opera. LP on GSF.

odd one, there is a 45 of one cut from this album credited to the Broad Street Gang on Cougar records...

There are actually a couple of Broad Street Gang 45s including the Cougar one, one on another local label (I can't remember the name but there's a bird on the label) and one on Avco with a picture sleeve of '12th St. Man' b/w 'Who Will Free The Black Man's Chains'

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    soulman rocked the broad street gang song on the classic spaced oddities tape

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts

ethnic 7's are it. awesome stuff

what does this sound like?

• rookrook 357 Posts

ethnic 7's are it. awesome stuff

what does this sound like?

just a dude and a lady singing their lungs out. i'll poast a mp3 later

sweet! i cant wait!

• DustedDonDustedDon 830 Posts
    kinda broke this week but i did find this, pay day tomorrow will bring me some hotness (i hope)

• rookrook 357 Posts
    sweet! i cant wait!

here is my favorite cut off the inuit 7.

and the negative space 45:

'light my fire'

&

'the long hair'

here is my favorite cut off the inuit 7.

awesome! sounds like my church on new years day. thanks for sharing!

• The-gafflerThe-gaffler 2,190 Posts
    my big pickup last week was the "devil house",red one next door to the house ive been working on for a year.(this pic is 14 months old,btw).house i will move into is on the right.

hahaha, the hush house...peep that E though

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    "studspider"

Ha - I just got this the other day, don't think I'd seen it before...

• ddownddown 65 Posts
    nice start this week and from multiple local sources too. the 12" is Horace Andy - Serious Thing and the top right record is Dunkelziffer - "Colours And Soul." If anyone can help me ID the Korean record in the second row please holler.

It's hard to see from the pic, but the Korean record looks like Song Gol Mae. They were a fairly popular group in Korea about 25 years ago. Here's a clip of them performing live in 1982:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILkotf2oiAY