weekend finds?

2»

Comments

• The-gafflerThe-gaffler 2,190 Posts

^^^ ohh wow, is that another version of that Boyo/Harry clash? what's on the B side?

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts

decent day. feelin' the Disciples Of Soul - "That's The Way Love Goes" / "Together"
    JUJU & The Rangers - "Plastic" / "Got To Be Right On It"
    Lee Fields - "She's A Love Maker"

the Pickwick has some cool covers

3PM (Raleigh fusion) - "Better Late Than Never" has a nice laidback joint on there

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    I got out of work on Sunday and I was looking for sneakers, but then I realized that I could be spending money on music instead.

Hampton Grease Band-- Music to Eat

Best of Buddah

Blue Note Reissues--Paul Horn in India.

I'm really psyched about the Paul Horn record.

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
    Pickwick has some cool covers

the theme from swat version on this is pretty cool if i recall correctly..

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
    arrived like real early at a easter flea this morning just to see a crowd of crate grippers already doing their thing, gotta admit not my favorite fleamarket view...

pulled this though

• DustedDonDustedDon 830 Posts

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts

^^^ ohh wow, is that another version of that Boyo/Harry clash? what's on the B side?
    Nah, it's a dub/edit of The Clash - Magnificent 7. Sounds sort of like ESG meets uh, The Clash. Same on both sides.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

I think those confunkshun sides were part of the Memphis sessions from before their debut 1976 LP.

one of the better Pickwick issues.

ROBIN TROWER > GERRY RAFFERTY

• crazypoprockcrazypoprock 1,037 Posts

Nah, it's a dub/edit of The Clash - Magnificent 7. Sounds sort of like ESG meets uh, The Clash. Same on both sides.

i've had that before...it's just a clash edit with vocal samples from dirty harry right?

it's a $50-100 record so nice find!

• DJ_NevilleCDJ_NevilleC 1,922 Posts
    ROBIN TROWER > GERRY RAFFERTY

My best friend in high school had a poster that he got from his older brother which read - "DUE TO SEVERE ILLNESS ROBIN TROWER WILL NOT BE APPEARING TONIGHT." Maybe he's still got it...

• DustedDonDustedDon 830 Posts

I think those confunkshun sides were part of the Memphis sessions from before their debut 1976 LP.

i believe that's correct. there is a couple scorchers on that jawn.

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts

i believe that's correct. there is a couple scorchers on that jawn.

Rad. Is that the same couple of scorchers on the Sunbar Presents Disco Funk LP? I think that's from 75, so might be. There be Pickwick Heat in this finds thread!

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts

i've had that before...it's just a clash edit with vocal samples from dirty harry right?

it's a $50-100 record so nice find!
    I figured it's in that priceczech range.... now then, who the fuck made it?! Def on some Brooklyn pressing style, sharp edge and everything.

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    Year check?

BUMP! b-side is a rap remake of Funky Sensation. Anyone?