weekend finds?

akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
edited March 2008 in Strut Central
is there a thread yet? i actually looked for records today at a local shop i havent been to since summer. all i got:IMG src=http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41NN382D3SL._AA240_.jpg>IMG src=http://diddywah.lunarpages.net/pix/US2.jpg>how many albums did ultimate spinach put out? i have 3 now and i assume thats all of them...

Comments

• MoogManMoogMan Sao Paulo, Brazil 1,173 Posts
    is there a thread yet? i actually looked for records today at a local shop i havent been to since summer. all i got:

IMG src=http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41NN382D3SL._AA240_.jpg>IMG src=http://diddywah.lunarpages.net/pix/US2.jpg>

how many albums did ultimate spinach put out? i have 3 now and i assume thats all of them...

Hey Ako

How's that "End of the game"?

or

• hammertimehammertime 2,389 Posts
    LPs:

all are OG German

45s:

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    is there a thread yet? i actually looked for records today at a local shop i havent been to since summer. all i got:

IMG src=http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41NN382D3SL._AA240_.jpg>IMG src=http://diddywah.lunarpages.net/pix/US2.jpg>

how many albums did ultimate spinach put out? i have 3 now and i assume thats all of them...

Hey Ako

How's that "End of the game"?

or

im finishing up the first side and its pretty cool. sorta funky, kinda moody-sounding instrumental jams.

im finishing up the first side and its pretty cool...id say dont spend over $20 on it though. sorta funky, kinda moody-sounding instrumental jams.

Thanks for the reply, Ako.
    Will keep an eye for it.

Peace

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    LPs:

all are OG German

stop finding those kind of records!

my finds:

some libraries
    Hamilton Face Band
    Supreme Psychedelic Underground
    Drilling of The Rock
    Pop & Blues Festival 70 Live
    Greatest Show on Earth
    JRE

im finishing up the first side and its pretty cool...id say dont spend over $20 on it though. sorta funky, kinda moody-sounding instrumental jams.

Thanks for the reply, Ako.
    Will keep an eye for it.

Peace

i changed what i said originally. i could see paying more than $20 for it. its pretty chill, good stuff to relax to. lets push my limit to $30.

i changed what i said originally. i could see paying more than $20 for it. its pretty chill, good stuff to relax to. lets push my limit to $30.

Cool!

If I ever find it here in Brazil I'll remember your advice.

Peace

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

• Rasputins in Berkeley is selling that Peter Green for $12, I thought about picking it up, but bought the Clear Light LP instead.

Rasputins in Berkeley is selling that Peter Green for $12, I thought about picking it up, but bought the Clear Light LP instead.

i might need to give clear light another listen but i was pretty let down with it...id take peter green over clear light any day of the week.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Clear Light is a pretty damn fine album.

Been wondering about that Peter Green LP myself for
    a while, never picked it up - do you have his albums
    with Fleetwood Mac, Ako?

Clear Light is a pretty damn fine album.

Been wondering about that Peter Green LP myself for
    a while, never picked it up - do you have his albums
    with Fleetwood Mac, Ako?

im sure my dad does somewhere, hes a huge fleetwood mac fan.

i definitely need to give clear light another listen. i just remember being very about it.

• The-gafflerThe-gaffler 2,190 Posts

- larnelle is signed
    - lonzo was sealed

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts
    from Plan 9

gospel, reggae, WORD & caribbean

anyone else like this lp ?
    i had a copy from the early 80's - late 90's
    flipped it to Metro Music for an obscene (i thinks) ammount
    + now have another copy
    my fave high school assembly version of "The Weight", ever

$200 with the Count (aka Moses) =

191 reggae 45's @ fifty cents each ("captain, i'm losing money on this deal")

original pressing ( doesn't sound like shit like the abraham press)

this is that thing i couldn't remember the name of, of course now i know it, cover is water damaged but plays very well, jimi moves for daze from Mr Brooks

from my fave 7" dc dealer (hint, $1.25 in a plastic sleeve)

"josh bought 2 of these at FMU"

fanny flute juice

never had this before

& in the reggae from late 70's - early 80's that paid some bills when i threw them on the bay 7 years ago department:

• MeepMeep 320 Posts
    After going through piles of crap at my local flea yesterday and just about getting ready to give up I went through one final box of bert kaemfert and this turned up:

I guess persistence pays off sometimes..

• DJ_NevilleCDJ_NevilleC 1,922 Posts
    Weekend keepers. Top left is a nice "random" DC hip-hop/go-go track by Niki. Keep your eyes peeled for the "Nation is Born" LP as it's a killer that could easily end up in a dollar bin. Its a Bahamian independence anniversary comp. with "Funky Nassau" on it and one track by Biosis that is

• here's some recent stuff - went round all the charities in Welles today - also did the '40 singles for ??10' in plastic wax and a few cheapies from the czech republic:

the GINGER BAKERS AIRFORCE is a bit trashed but was only ??3 -- doesnt sound like my cup of tea on first listen though...the "SYNTHESIS" lp is a mad greek synth/ moog record from 1980 that has one ace funky library-sounding tune. the "THIS IS OUR SOUL" is a great czech soul album - mostly covers but a few cracking originals as well. late 60's i think. and the GONDA SEXTET was described as "the most important jazz record to come out of eastern europe" on some blog when looking it up, and it was cheap so i got it to make use of the postage costs for the czech soul LP. sounds alright, i guess. i need to listen to it again. bit spiritual, bit ethnic, bit afro, bit MOR.
    and my best charity shop find for absolutely ages -- a mint island pressing of the MCDONALD & GILES record -- brilliant album. glad to get the proper island press at last. ... i now have a spare of the polydor press if anyone needs it?

some highlights (of sorts) of a giant stack of 7's:
    THE SWEET - "stairway to the stars" (the other great sweet tune - i love the drums to death!!)
    LOS BRAVOS - "black is black"
    JETHRO TULL - "the witches promise"
    LABI SIFFRE - "it must be love" (didnt know he did the original - lovely stuff)
    TRINI LOPEZ - "jailer, bring me water"
    RAM JAM - "black betty" (is it bad that i love this version? DRUMS!!)
    HOT BUTTER - "popcorn"
    plus a slew of early hot chocolate and suzi quatro in an attempt to find their gfood tracks. a few hot chocolate ones i like - not really any good quatro ones though!! there must be one out there???
    also got spare copies of "jig a jig" by EAST OF EDEN, "let there be skin" by COZY POWELL and SHIRLEY BASSEY's "something" LP

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    i definitely need to give clear light another listen. i just remember being very about it.

you ever own one of those albums that is so uneven, you find yourself marking which tracks are the best?

thats the way clear light is for me.

i didnt mark up the cover, i just wrote em down on a sticker on the plastic sleeve, but the point is that clear light's album isnt good enuff to play all the way thru. lotta skiparounds on that elpee.

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts

plus a slew of early hot chocolate and suzi quatro in an attempt to find their gfood tracks. a few hot chocolate ones i like - not really any good quatro ones though!! there must be one out there???

i like quatro (musically and - ahem - physically), but between the three albums I have by her, there's enough good songs for one LP

• doughboydoughboy 190 Posts

Just one new addition this weekend... but I am

Vicki Anderson / No More Heartaches (King) - plays great... produced in 1970, but the arrangement and the band sound a little retro even for then... more of a Northern Soul type thing? Still don't really know what th dealwith NS is...

Another crap pic - camera is poked so this is from the phone.

• is that propositions record a comp of their singles? did they ever put out a full length lp?

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    Stayed a night at my uncle & aunty's house after checking out the Bluesfest on Saturday & came home with a small pile of LPs for free that used to belong to her son. Pretty typical early 80s teenager LP collection, stuff like The Cure, The Clash, Boomtown Rats, Talking Heads, The Police, The Doors, The Who, Rolling Stones. Nothing rare or interesting but a nice gift nonetheless. A bunch of them are LPs I had previously & then got rid of over the years, did get to upgrade a couple of Cure LPs & have some ok stuff to gift to others now as well.

The Bluesfest should have been called "Get Drunk In The Sun & Make A Big Mess"Fest. But for all the drunken, passed out grossness, most of the bands were good. Buddy Guy was facemeltingly awesome as ever. Wilco with Nels Cline on guitar is actually 100X better than I had feared, such a powerful set, despite having to wait an hour while the sound guys worked out how to make the PA work (not good enough). Keb Mo was plagued by sound issues which was a letdown, I mean how hard is it to get one guy & an acoustic guitar miked so people can hear him?? Twinset were dope as always & a bunch of other quasi-interesting stuff.

• DJ_NevilleCDJ_NevilleC 1,922 Posts
    is that propositions record a comp of their singles? did they ever put out a full length lp?

Yes its a comp of their singles with one extended version thrown in. As far as I know they did not release an LP while they were active.

• :

shit!! that looks ace --- how does it sound??

• :

shit!! that looks ace
    Ha! Sweet slang, dude.

• MeepMeep 320 Posts
    pretty heavy hawkshaw-ish organ, there's a clip here

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts
    pretty heavy hawkshaw-ish organ, there's a clip here

that shit is

• MeepMeep 320 Posts
    just noticed that the people behind this comp are doing a tour with some of the original members of the bands (including fred here)

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    Anyone got info on these finds?

Year check?

Artist? It's a dub edit of Clash - Magnificent 7

• rain103rain103 476 Posts
    a few recent pick ups.
    Photobucket
    a tab in the ocean - nektar
    stairsteps - self titled
    ace spectrum - low rent rendezvous (thanks again j---)
    lou courtney - i'm in need of love
    the three degrees - international
    gwen mccrae - something so right
    the tymes - trustmaker
    anthony and the imperials - reflections
    the artistics - what happened
    ketty lester - when a woman loves a man
    rotary connection - self titled
    Photobucket

thanks also to m--- at beat street for the century house hook up!