Options

Movies So Bad They're Good

Comments

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    They Live

Watch and then tell me Shephard Fairey didn't bite from that movie.

Nah.

i think shepard fairey has said numerous times that the OBEY stuff was an homage to They Live.

Plaese to understand meaning of sarcasm.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts

ninjaman killed it in this though. the grambling warm-up suit was necessary.

i think shepard fairey has said numerous times that the OBEY stuff was an homage to They Live.

how do you pronounce "homage" though while you're saying this?

turkish release?

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    They Live

Watch and then tell me Shephard Fairey didn't bite from that movie.

Nah.

Plaese to understand meaning of sarcasm.

um, i was referring to the initial point "Watch and then tell me Shephard Fairey didn't bite from that movie." thought the screenshot was necessary to keep though

• high_chigh_c 1,384 Posts
    What a turd. I love it:

I was googling for ^ image and found this site which is pretty dead on:

http://www.criticsrant.com/archive/2007/...ed-To-Love.aspx

Forgot about this one:

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

anyway, my contribution to this thread is

Huh? Nothing bad about that one at all.

anyway, my contribution to this thread is

Huh? Nothing bad about that one at all.

I'm saying.

i saw They Live listed and i didn't think that was bad either. i guess i loosely interpreted "bad" meaning "campy"

• LuckLoopLuckLoop 103 Posts

beastmaster 2: through the portal of time

its really the worst movie ive ever seen, there are so mayn flaws and in the plot. i was probably 12 years old when i watched this shit and every few minutes i thought theres a goof in the storyline. the acting is pathetic to say the least, sometimes the background from the desert planet are Frickin' painted on studio screens. the cosutmes are laughable. but still you have to watch it when its running. just for the hilarity.

i just remembered it because yesterday night i was at a homie's and we were up late. while zapping through the channels i see a newer beastmaster movie. now that i searched through the net for a picture i saw that its from 99. i didnt watch that one for more than a few minutes. seemed like its so bad it hurts not so bad its good. thoguhits unbelievable that there are people out there willing to pay for those turds to be produced.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Fletch is wack. Its when Chase jumped the shark in my opinion.

Um, you do know "Modern Problems" came out 4 years earlier, right?

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Fletch is wack?

Sounds like a case of...

• TheGoochTheGooch 541 Posts

I digged this actually.

Fletch is wack?

Sounds like a case of...

I'm saying. Fletch, American Werewolf, etc. Some of these dudes sound about 16 yrs old, i.e. anything from the 80's seems whack to them for some reason.

I digged this actually.

lance hendrikson, ernie hudson and kevin dillon...excellent cast actually.

Fletch is wack?

Sounds like a case of...

I'm saying. Fletch, American Werewolf, etc. Some of these dudes sound about 16 yrs old, i.e. anything from the 80's seems whack to them for some reason.

RIF

• Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts

The opening battle scene where the dude pretends to finger the girl from the opposing crew and then turns around and waves his fingers in front of his crew and they all pass out (from the smell) made me laugh out loud.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    I can't believe that nobody's mentioned this classic amongst so-bad-they're-good movies.

What always astonished me about "Weekend At Bernie's" wasn't so much that it involved stretching a weak joke to breaking point, but that it was clearly enough of a success for someone to green-light a sequel without, one assumes, giving the original's absurd premise a second thought.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

**Showgirls**

I feel like half the reality shows out there are based on this movie. The pool sex scene is unrivalled in hilarity.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    To be fair any movie Seagal has made in the last 15 odd years could fit into this category easily but special mention has to be made for the film that ended his bigtime career:

The highlight has to be the whole "What does it take to change the essence of a man?" bar room brawl scene though I
    still live in hope of seeing the original unedited 11 minute long speech Seagal delivers before the closing credits.

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts

Let me get this straight...

Spanish explorers landed in Florida, then one of them was taken hostage by local Indians and brought to a city of gold built by the Mayans in South Dakota, which would later be covered up by Mount Rushmore. Then Queen Elizabeth hid clues to find the gold in her desk, the President's desk, and in code on one of the Statues of Liberty. Ha ha. Ok, dudes. There are more holes than plot in this stinker, making it pretty fun to see while drunk.

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts

Let me get this straight...

Spanish explorers landed in Florida, then one of them was taken hostage by local Indians and brought to a city of gold built by the Mayans in South Dakota, which would later be covered up by Mount Rushmore. Then Queen Elizabeth hid clues to find the gold in her desk, the President's desk, and in code on one of the Statues of Liberty. Ha ha. Ok, dudes. There are more holes than plot in this stinker, making it pretty fun to see while drunk.

my daughter & i love to watch the Nick when he uses those great dialects (ala Con Air)
    thought i had hit on comedy gold last weekend when the "free" HBO weekend on dish
    was serving up the gawd awfull Wickerman re doo
    but
    alas
    no fake geordie accent for the copester

so it was just really bad
    (didn't make to the half hour mark)

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts

Foul Play

in the theatre the same week as Animal House

bye bye chevy's relevance

GYMKATA

so so bad yet funny

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    RIF

Reading Is Fundamental?

• A film critic offered a very entertaining read on how to judge bad movies today...

Guardian UK

RIF

Reading Is Fundamental?

yeah I have been trying to figure that one out.

RIF

Reading Is Fundamental?

yeah that was directed to chad because i never said i thought american werewolf in london was wack. i liked that movie (obviously since i have a scene as my avatar) and i said i mentioned it because i saw movies like They Live mentioned in this thread which i also enjoy. so i loosely interpreted "bad" meaning "campy" in the thread

also because i am not a 16 year old dude.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

Foul Play

in the theatre the same week as Animal House

bye bye chevy's relevance

I actually liked the Chase/Hawn flicks, at least as a kid,
    Seems Like Old Times was pretty funny. They were kind
    of warm-ups to Fletch for him, the whole mystery/comedy thing.

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts