Flo Rida

Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts
edited March 2008 in Strut Central
Flo Rida, plaese to discuss.

Comments

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

SHORTY HAD THEM APPLE BOTTOM JEANS AND THE REEBOKS WITH THE STRAPS AND SHE IS LEAVING WITH ME. LOLZERS. YOU MUST DEAL.

This dude's song is really awful.

• JacobWizzleJacobWizzle 1,003 Posts
    As many times as I've heard this song I still don't know any of Florida's lyrics. Seems like he won't be around next year but who knows maybe he's the new Nelly or some shit. Frickin' T Pain is right now. Shit is pretty amazing.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    so boring

• phongonephongone 1,652 Posts
    As many times as I've heard this song I still don't know any of Florida's lyrics. Seems like he won't be around next year but who knows maybe he's the new Nelly or some shit. Frickin' T Pain is right now. Shit is pretty amazing.

Catchy tune but Id much rather hear Nelly up in da club.

• Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts
    cool. I'm not the only one who thinks dude is zzzzzzzzzzzz's.

He's the featured artist on MTV this week and they keep running clips of him inbetween shows. I get the feeling he's not really a rapper, but got into it recently. I don't know, something seems phony. Maybe he's got a long back story, but I'm too lazy to find out. I just don't know how dudes like him come out of nowhere and get beats from Timbo and features from t-pain, weezy, baby, rick ross, etc.

That "Elevator" song is terrible. What does that mean? "She's stuck on my Ela-elavator." Is it a blow job reference.

I'll admit that I was jammin to "Low" in the car the first few times I heard it, but I am so sick of it now.

I agree with Jake, T-Pain is killing it these days. I applaud his longevity. For being the "new thing" featured artist on everyone's songs, he's been doing it for like 2 years straight. No flash in the pan. I love that Dolla song with t-pain saying "who the fuck is that."

• Flo Rida, plaese to discuss.

SHORTY HAD THEM APPLE BOTTOM JEANS AND THE REEBOKS WITH THE STRAPS AND SHE IS LEAVING WITH ME. LOLZERS. YOU MUST DEAL.

^^^^^

DOESN'T LIKE RAPP

B/W

HOLDS UP THE WALL AT THE CLURB.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    strip club music

• Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts
    strip club music

I can see this. I'm not doubting that "low" is a good, catchy song, but I just wondered what the rap dudes thought of him.

• dayday 9,612 Posts

Why am I seeing this dude all over the place lately? This years Mims....

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    T-Pain

the modern day Nate Dogg

but doesnt t-pain write and ptoduce his HITS though?
    i love nate dogg, but this dude's on a different level, success wise.

• MTKMTK 45 Posts
    I like the single(s). A lot of that has to do with the beats though - the dude's flow is cool, I don't think I could make it through an entire album but hearing it once in a blue moon isn't gonna kill me.

Best new guy coming out to me is Small World from DTP though. Dude is quite filthy

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    strip club music

I can see this. I'm not doubting that "low" is a good, catchy song, but I just wondered what the rap dudes thought of him.

He is clearly a really talented musician. I wouldn't be surprised if he plays drums well. Not many people out there can go from sick double time to a 3 count on a 4 count beat.

Don't front on Florida (the state).

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    T-Pain

the modern day Nate Dogg

oh FUCK no...Nate Dogg sounds nothing like Squiggy from Laverne and Shirley trynna sing

^^^^^

DOESN'T LIKE RAPP

B/W

HOLDS UP THE WALL AT THE CLURB.

Dude, the record is one big yawn--there are much better scrip club anthems out there.

How did Rick Ross manage to scan almost 200K over the past week (~60K more than Snoop, incidentally)?

Does anyone know anyone that was like "I can't want to cop this new Rowsss!"? Does anyone themselves fit that description?

It seemed like a record for which there was absolutely zero anticipation.

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    How did Rick Ross manage to scan almost 200K over the past week (~60K more than Snoop, incidentally)?

Does anyone know anyone that was like "I can't want to cop this new Rowsss!"? Does anyone themselves fit that description?

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

Shit, I don't know how Rick Ross's wack ass manages to sell records in the first place. When I first heard his shit, I thought it was some sort of parody.

Apparently.

I usually scoff at the dudes propounding SoundScan conspiracy theories, but it's really hard for me to believe that he actually did those numbers.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts

I believe the boy Dolo described it as "piffery".

We are desperately overdue for a "I NEED $1,000,000 A DAY JUST TO FUNCTION!" Rick Ross graemlin

Which could perhaps bring forth a "I SPENT ABOUT A HUNDRED MILLION DOLLARS" Cool & Dre graemlin.

We are desperately overdue for a "I NEED $1,000,000 A DAY JUST TO FUNCTION!" Rick Ross graemlin

Haha... one of the most classic rap-related quotables of modern times.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    This years Mims.

flash player did some weird shit, lemme try again

• How did Rick Ross manage to scan almost 200K over the past week (~60K more than Snoop, incidentally)?

I played "Boss" at the clurb last saturday and they went buck. That's a real dope beat.

I played "Boss" at the clurb last saturday and they went buck. That's a real dope beat.

The kufi has now fully unravelled.

• TEH HEAUXD ON SCHMASH

this remix rick ross is on is

100 million remix

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

As much as I don't like RR... Boss = major club banger.

Seems like any half-assed act can succeed outta Fla these days.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts

boss is garbage
    generic ass beat, generic ass hook, generic ass rapping

As much as I don't like RR... Boss = major club banger.

Seems like any half-assed act can succeed outta Fla these days.

Yeah, but a major club banger alone isn't usually enough to sell albums these days.