Anthony Bourdain in JA.

magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
edited March 2008 in Strut Central

Parts 1 TO 6,LOL @ Anthony showing Jamaica Cement Company and confusing it with bauxite mining.R**s your yute Arif a get a big busout! ayo!!!

Comments

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    This dude is a pretentious fop.

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    I told y'all we were recycling vinyl yahsuh
    now you'll see it for yourself.

• selperfugeselperfuge 1,165 Posts
    haha i used to work across the street from his restaurant Les Halles. great food, but the guy was a barnacle at the irish bar near us. a couple people from work thought he was hot shit because of his book Kitchen Confidential that came out around then. i've never read it, and didn't care then, just ignored him. little did i know i'd be watching his tv show with the wife years later.

• He's the first to admit his skills are rough and rusty in the kitchen...he basically knows what he knows, and he ain't claiming to know more.

I love his show, btw. great intersection of food, travel, and television. This is what the shitastic Food Network to be...He has a respect for local traditions and customs that get CRUSHED by fucktards like Rachel Ray and Guy Fiortettietietei or whatever that TGI Fridays douchetard is.

• UnconSciUnconSci 824 Posts
    His show is the shit. He was like 19,000 feet up or something in the himalayas complaining he couldn't breath... everyone else has respirators but instead he smokes a cigarette... haha. Hes just a funny guy and it all seems rather genuine.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    He's the first to admit his skills are rough and rusty in the kitchen...he basically knows what he knows, and he ain't claiming to know more.

I love his show, btw. great intersection of food, travel, and television. This is what the shitastic Food Network to be...He has a respect for local traditions and customs that get CRUSHED by fucktards like Rachel Ray and Guy Fiortettietietei or whatever that TGI Fridays douchetard is.

I agree, Bourdain is the man.

• LOL @ Anthony showing Jamaica Cement Company and confusing it with bauxite mining.

R**s your yute Arif a get a big busout! ayo!!!

Ha! When he mentioned bauxite, I thought about you. And was Arif in the studio with Sanjay?

It wasn't a bad episode, but he shouldn't have wasted time in that cave. I also thought he would have talked about PNP/JLP beer associations (Red Stripe/Heineken).

Yeah that was Arif's studio and that was him speaking in the 2 pac shirt.
    PNP/JLP beer associations (Red Stripe/Heineken)
    even though PNP's colour is really orange.

Mutabaruka is di man lets not get it twisted
    His radio show is off the hook.

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    Guy Fiortettietietei or whatever that TGI Fridays douchetard is.

dude I know I can't stand that fucker but I can't stop watching that Diners Dives and Drive-thrus show cause there are some GOOOOOOOD places to eat on there that I will be hitting up when I travel. But his cooking show is

What would've made the episode totally official for me
    would be seeing him a "running a boat" (one pot meal) with some of the man dem on "deh endz"(corner)
    Consisting of some giant sized dumplings the size of a breakfast plate with some "mackerel run down" heaped on.

• The better episode was last week, when he went back to be a chef at Les Halles for his Tuesday double...

Homeboy got served mightily, but was fun to watch. Couldn't read the tickets, move, etc. But, the whole episode was a great look at how a restaurant can run, and very well produced.

Long and short- great to watch. I can't thank the gods enough for the times I served in kitchens, and while it is probably what has lead directly to one of my bosses hating me, I couldn't have learned more from any job than I did from my time on the line and in the kitchen.

• brandonbrandon 42 Posts
    My favorite - (part 4)
    "Get in where?"

---

myspace.com/bigquarters

• DongerDonger 854 Posts
    The better episode was last week, when he went back to be a chef at Les Halles for his Tuesday double...

Homeboy got served mightily, but was fun to watch. Couldn't read the tickets, move, etc. But, the whole episode was a great look at how a restaurant can run, and very well produced.

Long and short- great to watch. I can't thank the gods enough for the times I served in kitchens, and while it is probably what has lead directly to one of my bosses hating me, I couldn't have learned more from any job than I did from my time on the line and in the kitchen.

this episode was really, really good

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,893 Posts
    His book "A Cook's Tour" is a good read. In a Portuguese town who let off fireworks when they are about to commence their pig festival, he asks a local:

"Where do the vegetarians eat?"

(incredulous look from local)"There are no vegetarians in Portugal".

• snicka_gsnicka_g Hong Kong 276 Posts
    Thanks for posting this. I've never seen his TV shows before only read his books seems like a good guy.
    What is the riddim playing at the end of part 5 when they are at the dance?

LOL @ Anthony showing Jamaica Cement Company and confusing it with bauxite mining.

for not knowing that it is now Caribbean Cement Company(Trinidad owned)

• LOL!

LOL!