Neighbours for Dinner

cadeauxcadeaux 208 Posts
edited March 2008 in Strut Central
I??ve invited some of my neighbours for Dinner, the ones around my age. One of them gets some records from the Mailman, so let??s see what he??s about...Dinner is:Potato Focchachiasome Antipasti,Trout with Almondscrust on grilled FennelRavioli filled with Figes and Blue CheeseBeefstew in Barolo with Rosemarin PolentaSome Chocolate Almond CakePanna Cotta with a little Green Tea flavour, with some Apple and Figes Ragu.I stayed on the Italian side, because a 6 Course Menu would be too much of a Show-Off. Everything is Handmade ( Main Courses come on Paltes same time).Lets see what this evening will be like...How do you Guys treat your neighbours? Do you get along with them?

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    I get brain.

• bobbydeebobbydee 849 Posts
    My neighbors on one side are a 60-odd year old Chinese couple with 3 adult kids living at home - they are practically hermits, and he calls her "cookie" in English when he's yelling to her in Chinese (very cute!).

And on the other side, and behind me.... this monstrosity
    (apologies to any mormons in the house)

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    I??ve invited some of my neighbours for Dinner, the ones around my age. One of them gets some records from the Mailman, so let??s see what he??s about...
    Dinner is:
    Potato Focchachia
    some Antipasti,
    Trout with Almondscrust on grilled Fennel
    Ravioli filled with Figes and Blue Cheese
    Beefstew in Barolo with Rosemarin Polenta
    Some Chocolate Almond Cake
    Panna Cotta with a little Green Tea flavour, with some Apple and Figes Ragu.

I stayed on the Italian side, because a 6 Course Menu would be too much of a Show-Off. Everything is Handmade ( Main Courses come on Paltes same time).
    Lets see what this evening will be like...

How do you Guys treat your neighbours? Do you get along with them?
    check your spelling before you print the menu,
    besides that...
    GOTTTAMN!! i wish i was your neighbor!!!
    why you going all out like that?

• shooteralishooterali 1,591 Posts
    my neighbor is a chetto ass chick that thinks she can sing & has a couple of kids.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    100% of my neighbors are students. most of them are girls. some of them come home drunk late at night.
    do i get along with them? the ones next to me are cool. the ones above me seem to be bitches. been yelling at them a lot.

• HamHam 872 Posts
    my neighbours have kids, early teens probably. they do a lot of karaoke/singstar/whatever really loud really late. and when they're not doing that they're listening to 90's schlager techno remixes at full volume. my other neighbours are the perfect family, barbie, ken & little skipper. maybe they have their neighbours for dinner or something like it cause no one is that perfect

• LuckLoopLuckLoop 103 Posts
    the neighbor in my story is thankfully seldom at home. cause i tend to listen to music loud.
    he seems like a 40+ year old nerd, i think he works something with computers/IT. he always gets packages from amazon and shit and sindce hes often not at home because he has a house in the countryside i take the delivery for him and forward it to him when hes here. hes thankful for that.
    he seems to fear people. but other than that he seems rather nice and easy to deal with. never complained about the music in all the years i lived here.

then i have a couple below me, a retired cop and his wife. daughter who lived with them was kinda hot but i think she moved out a year ago or so.
    i had a broken wash mashine and flooded her room once. had it repaired and that fucker broke again and flooded 'em a 2nd time. needless to say they were mad as hell. so basically im a terrible neighbor for them but they still greet me.

they upholstered my house though and soon i will have more neighbors in my story, i think there even moved some into one of the two new flats but im not sure.

i will see that there are some in the other flat when i one day step outta my bathroom naked into my kichen and someone from the opposing window sees me. there never was a need for curatins...

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    100% of my neighbors are students. most of them are girls. some of them come home drunk late at night.
    do i get along with them? the ones next to me are cool. the ones above me seem to be bitches. been yelling at them a lot.

I have one next to me. I thnk shes a student, but she was balling last night, and not to sound insensitive but it sounded like a cat in heat. So irritating!

The couple to the right of us are very sweet. They brought us cookies when we moved in.

That menu looks great! A lot of work! Don't stress too much.

Which reminds me I need to start cracking on my menu for my little cocktail party.

Good luck!!

The old lady below me passed away last year. I was lucky for a while cause she couldnt hear that well so I could bump my music quite loud.

A new woman moved in about 3 months ago and I rang her bell to tell her that anytime my shit is too loud feel free to knock on the ceiling or somethin'. She came to the door in pajamas and she's crazy fine.

There is a single woman who I just borrowed some Fania cd from. I asked her about her vinyl but said she didnt own any. Her husband who just recently moved out bragged to me about his records. I thought maybe he left them. No dice.

Theres a woman and her son,that Im cool w/. She let me check out here chewed up Menudo records.
    Her husband had a heart attack while they were fuckin. He left a gang of CDs that she doesnt listen to.
    Its mostly pop and euro-pop cause dude was Eastern Euro-somethin'. When I heard how he passed, i was like - "I gotta see what that killer pussy is all about.." The son is your typical Ipod/Limewire kid.
    Dude was flabberghasted when saw the turntable in my apt."Oh shit- U know how to scratch?!"

There was a young couple that moved in across the way in another apt building. They didnt have blinds for a minute, so Ive seen shortie bucked-nekkid a couple of times. Even showed a ladyfriend the window show.
    They finally copped blinds.

Another lady on my floor is mad cool. Her daughter sometimes smokes weed w/ her thugged out boyfriend and bumps the HELL out of the radio. My building is old and strong. It takes alot of volume to hear your neighbors music. They go crazy once in a blue moon.

There a dude to the right of me who I never see. Every once in a while Ill hear some radio reggaeton.
    Dude keeps on the low. Weirdo alert IMO.

The dude to the left of me has been here for about a year. He's cool but sometimes looks spaced out.
    I wouldnt have either of those dudes over for a drink or dinner.

• deLYSdeLYS 388 Posts
    In the apt I grew up in there was an old lady who was real nice who lived below me but her son was a hells angel and he used to talk all this shit to threaten my mom in an effort to help his own so I guess he could continue to go out fighting and selling ludes while never coming to see her, I hated that guy.
    Then the vietnam vet dude across the hall from us broke my dads nose while he was living with us with a telephone book after knockin' on the door cause my mom talked shit to his son.
    There was this one couple though who there was something kinda wrong with, they both might have been schizzo but they had this daughter who was my age and I always thought was amazing cause she took care of them.
    As a kid I couldn't really figure it out, but as an adult I know now the father was mentally handicapped. My dad gave him rides to the factory after we saw him riding his daughters pink little kids bike with the basket to work on route 1.

Now its just kids! I never seem to meet their parents lol. The other day I was walking with a bucket of cookies from some work function and the kids were like ooooo whaddya got! And I just held the shit out like toma I can't eat this shit! And as soon as I put out the bucket they went, no no NO THANKS! Like they should, cause they know better, I just hate feeling like some creepy dude livin' alone who can't just give some kids on his block cookies. But having never seen the 'rents it never brings who we are into focus. Damn, I can't eat all those cookies somebody gave them to me in the first place!

Somebody busted my window last month and some fiend keeps sleeping in my car. It feels so strange. Only takes coins, but goes through all my shit and leaves it a mess. Showed me some cds I forgot I had, and found a hospital bill I was looking for, but it feels so violating.

Neighbors in NJ, ahhhh its probably why all I can think of when I saw this threads title was cannibalism!

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    My neighbors:

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    My downstairs neighbor keeps smoking and the shit is coming up into my apartment. It Frickin' stinks! I confronted him about it and he denied everything and was very whiny and defensive about it.

If I wasn't afraid of losing such a great apartment I'd serve him up a knuckle sandwich.

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    My downstairs neighbor keeps smoking and the shit is coming up into my apartment. It Frickin' stinks! I confronted him about it and he denied everything and was very whiny and defensive about it.

If I wasn't afraid of losing such a great apartment I'd serve him up a knuckle sandwich.

I'm right with you on that one, and I hate it in my house, let alone creep into my bedroom!!! I don't understand people who smoke inside their homes?. Gross.

/rant

I don't understand people who smoke inside their homes?

huh?

• CBearCBear 902 Posts
    I got caught stealing cable from the neighbors on one side. Didn't seem like abig deal to me, but now we don't talk too much. On the other side, some new dude on the block put me through 13 months of construction starting at 6:15am every morning to put a second story on his house that cuts out half my nice view. I wake up every morning with intense dislike for him. The old folx in my hood are great. They like talking about the weather. I fixed old man's moped and now we chat sports. The wifey grows orchids and smells like vodka at 10am.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

huh?

Nah, dude. We do that ourselves and the scent is gone within minutes. It's cigarette smoke that lingers and stinks the place up. It comes up from under our kitchen and bathroom sinks.

• deLYSdeLYS 388 Posts

huh?

yeah for some the conditional discharges are loooong up!
    Rent wouldn't even be worth payin' without a little

when I get home

I get brain.

huh?

Nah, dude. We do that ourselves and the scent is gone within minutes. It's cigarette smoke that lingers and stinks the place up. It comes up from under our kitchen and bathroom sinks.

what kind of house/home is this?

huh?

70s apt building. There are holes cut in the wood for the pipes to come through, which is where the smell emanates from. I'm guessing he throws the butts in a trash can under his sink. I've seen him smoking in his doorway, though, and he saw me see him. He's just being a stubborn dick at this point.

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    On one side when have a lady who has regular "get to know your neighbour" parties where she just happens to be selling jewelry.

One the other side we have 60 year old guy who walks his Poodle with a cigar and a glass of Scotch on ice.

He loaned me a deck drill when I was building a deck and told the HOA to get off our ass when they started riding us for permits and documentation for every freakin scew we used.

huh?

70s apt building. There are holes cut in the wood for the pipes to come through, which is where the smell emanates from. I'm guessing he throws the butts in a trash can under his sink. I've seen him smoking in his doorway, though, and he saw me see him. He's just being a stubborn dick at this point.

I never throw my butts in the trash. the shit just mixes w/ the garbage to make a lethal fonk.
    I dump my ashtray in the toilet. I dont think that to envior-friendly but my apt doesnt wreak.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    you guys spell neighbors weird.

• On the other side, some new dude on the block put me through 13 months of construction starting at 6:15am every morning to put a second story on his house that cuts out half my nice view. I wake up every morning with intense dislike for him.

This pretty much describes the blockhead that lives behind me. Spent the better part of two years rebuilding his house, starting way too early in the morning and going on way too late at night. Eventually one of the other neighbors started siccing the cops on his ass on the reg, so much so that he came around door to door asking what a "suitable time" was for him to work. Very passive agressive, and ironically the neighborhood busybody. F*cking douche.
    The folks across from us on one side are pretty nice, the people on one other side are cool. There's one house directly across the way that have never said a word in the five years we've been here. It may be because they appear to be running an unlicensed daycare out of their house.

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    you guys spell neighbors weird.

Along with colour.

Also, my elevator is a "lift" and my apartment is a "flat".

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts

Also, my elevator is a "lift"

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts
    The apartment next to mine is occupied by my best friend and fellow record collector. He's my only neighbou[/b]r.

• kwalitykwality 620 Posts
    If he gets records, wouldn't a more suitable menu be bean dip off a stark?

All good, that menu looks delicious. I've only got one neighbour and they're just hippy types. I was making beats one day with the window open and the guy was all "Cool man, I make psy-trance..."

• cadeauxcadeaux 208 Posts
    The evening was great. I invited them because it??s gettin spring, and it could be nice sitting in the backjard gettin some coffee with your neighbour or maybe throw on the Grill.
    My first real neighbour experience was, when that woman next to me asked me to help to attack another guy in the House who kept the other crazy woman in his Freezer, she said. after that experience she went for "Holidays". needles to say the frozen neighbour came back from holidays, too.

it happened where I live now, so I thought I give it one more shot.
    Food was good, perfect COLOURS and FLAVOURS, we had wine and Beer, and when we ran out of booze, the Owner of the Bar next Door gave us a bottle of Wine for free. happy Day!
    The people are nice, the Guy with the Records collects Punk, and wouldn??t take a glimpse in my records... but he??s allright.
    It was worth it, let see how summer wil be.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    First floor Dad works for the MSPCA. Nice guy, a little quiet. They have a couple of dogs and a few cats???all rescued.

Second floor woman is pretty cool. Keeps to herself, but often leaves her front door ajar so I find her two cats hanging outside my front door sometimes. I bought cat treats for them. They seem to like me.

Don't know the people to my left. We share a deck, and they've had the same bag of trash on it since I moved in seven months ago. There's also a grill out there. If I didn't see their lights on sometimes, I'd swear the place is abandoned. I think they're just really shy, cooking meth or growing herb. I don't mind. It means they stay off the deck.

People below them are a dude I went to high school with and his girlfriend. I realized he lived there after I moved in. Interesting coincidence, since I grew up near Logan Airport and now live on the complete opposite side of the city.

Dude below them is cool. We mainly just smile and nod.

Everyone is pretty friendly, but we mainly keep to ourselves. I like it that way.