STAR WARS

2»

Comments

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    The second trilogy killed it for me. I can watch the movies in parts but the Anakin ish -- which should have been the best part about the movies -- was pure trash. Couldn't George Lucas have rented The Omen parts one and two for some inspiration? Hayden Christianson (sp) played Anakin just like he played Stephen Glass -- basically bitch-made.

Seeing Darth Vader yell "Padame!!!" was cringe worthy.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    The second trilogy killed it for me. I can watch the movies in parts but the Anakin ish -- which should have been the best part about the movies -- was pure trash. Couldn't George Lucas have rented The Omen parts one and two for some inspiration? Hayden Christianson (sp) played Anakin just like he played Stephen Glass -- basically bitch-made.

Seeing Darth Vader yell "Padame!!!" was cringe worthy.

Phantom Menace is the only one i dont own.

I copped that box w/ both versions of 4/5/6.

• dmacdmac 472 Posts

• pacmanpacman 1,114 Posts
    FALL BACK PROFESSIONAL HATERS

Damn right.

I own all of them. I had the VHS 4,5,6 box set, the DVD box set, and 1, 2, and 3 individuals. I saw the extended versions of 4, 5, 6 when they came out in the theaters.

Honestly, I can see how people loathe the Phantom Menace, but damn, Attack Of The Clones and Revenge Of The Sith were ill. The duel between Anakin and Obi Wan at the end of Sith =

With that said, I look forward to the new series. It'll be interesting to see how they handle the clone wars and how it all fits into the canon.

• jjfad027jjfad027 1,594 Posts
    original star wars movies

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    they should of called it a day after the first one...

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    how many records do yall have that are good ALL THE WAY THROUGH????
    not many, thanks you.

A New Hope = Yo! Bum Rush The Show
    Empire Strikes Back = It Takes A Nation Of Millions To Hold Us Back
    Return Of The Jedi = Fear Of A Black Planet

The Phantom Menace = Apocalypse '91.....The Enemy Strike Back
    Attack Of The Clones = Muse Sick-n-Hour Mess Age
    Revenge Of The Sith = There's A Poison Goin' On

Oh my god!

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    and i liked the new trilogy too. a lot.fuck off

The first thing that comes to mind is when Anakin arises from the table when he hears that his wife is dead....."NOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!"

Unbelievably bad. UNFATHOMABLY HORRIBLE.

I was feeling the third installment as a comedy.

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts

• DJCireDJCire 729 Posts

One of the only thing that I questioned was in 2 & 3, during Yoda's fight scenes. Ill right? But why in f*ck does he still walk with a cane. The pimp-cane was cool but after gettin down will the ill fight scenes he still needs a cane?

Plaese to explain???

Other than that I dig SW. Get my nerd on - that's right...

One of the only thing that I questioned was in 2 & 3, during Yoda's fight scenes. Ill right? But why in f*ck does he still walk with a cane. The pimp-cane was cool but after gettin down will the ill fight scenes he still needs a cane?

Plaese to explain???

I always chalked it up to The Force. Obi was old but was able to use his powers to augment his shit. Like the Emperor can shoot electricity. So while u take a shit or eat a sammich your a regular jedi, but can channel the Force to augment yourself. Why waste the Force to walk normal. Save that shit up for some real task,like moving an X-wing fighter.

• cascas 1,484 Posts
    So while u take a shit or eat a sammich your a regular jedi, but can channel the Force to augment yourself. Why waste the Force to walk normal.

b/w

off the wall>thriller

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts

With that said, I look forward to the new series. It'll be interesting to see how they handle the clone wars and how it all fits into the canon.

whoa, whens it due?

yessir. absolutely.
    id line up in her decoy princess from phantom menace too

btw. a young lady introduced herself to me tonight as "puccini"

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,887 Posts
    But why in f*ck does he still walk with a cane. The pimp-cane was cool but after gettin down will the ill fight scenes he still needs a cane?

Plaese to explain???

Dude.

It's all part of his disguise.

His life would be hell otherwise - clown and clown would be like, "Hey are you that Jedi Master? Only, I dropped my keys in the swamp and I was just wondering..."

"Hey are you that Jedi Master? Only, I dropped my keys in the swamp and I was just wondering..."

you trying to imply master Yoda is on some jail shit?????

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,887 Posts
    "Hey are you that Jedi Master? Only, I dropped my keys in the swamp and I was just wondering..."

Jail? Nah, just that he would get too much hassle from folks who have dropped shit into the swamp, or need mind tricks playing on bad ebay sellers.

Thing is, if the force is so powerful, why didn't he just use the force to mash up the Death Star? Don't give me the size argument....

Jail? Nah, just that he would get too much hassle from folks who have dropped shit into the swamp, or need mind tricks playing on bad ebay sellers.

Thing is, if the force is so powerful, why didn't he just use the force to mash up the Death Star? Don't give me the size argument....

He was too weak by the time it was built. Shit he strugged against Doogu in terms of Force power.

whoa, whens it due?

I think May or something of this year...It'll be on cartoon network and TNT I think. It'll be set between episodes 2 and 3. I REALLY hope it gets into the details because it would fill the gaps between the 2 and answer a ton of questions. The first Clone Wars installment on the cartoon network was pretty dope too...

Plaese to explain???

I always chalked it up to The Force. Obi was old but was able to use his powers to augment his shit. Like the Emperor can shoot electricity. So while u take a shit or eat a sammich your a regular jedi, but can channel the Force to augment yourself. Why waste the Force to walk normal. Save that shit up for some real task,like moving an X-wing fighter.

YES I'M A DAMN NERD.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Form_IV:_Ataru

Form IV: Ataru, also known as the Way of the Hawk-Bat, or The Aggression Form, was the fourth of the seven forms of lightsaber combat. The history of Ataru stretched back through the Old Republic, to at least as early as the Mandalorian Wars, where it was commonly employed by Jedi of that day. Ataru continued to be a common form among the Jedi in the latter stages of the Republic.

An aggressive style, Form IV was fast-paced and effective against single opponents, though weaker in prolonged combat and confined spaces. Ataru was characterized by Force-assisted acrobatics, both for attack and defense, and fast, powerful strikes. Notable users of this combat form included Yoda and Qui-Gon Jinn.

Ataru was an aggressive combat form relying on a combination of power, strength, and speed. Practitioners of Ataru were always on the offensive, attacking with wide, fast, and powerful swings. Form IV practitioners constantly called upon the Force to aid in their movements and attacks. By allowing the Force to flow throughout their body, they could overcome their physical limitations (including old age, as was the case with Master Yoda) and perform amazing feats of acrobatics, such as somersaults and backflips, not only for attack, but also to evade the attacks and strikes of their opponents.[1] Jedi utilizing Ataru needed to incorporate all the Force powers that involved surpassing normal physical ranges of motion, speed, and agility in order to be successful. Running, jumping, and spinning were all emphasized in learning the elaborate kinetic motions of the form.[2]

Those who used Form IV could move at high speeds and could rain strong blows, jumping and attacking through the air. Powerful and quick spinning attacks could be utilized from all angles, either from ground or air. A master in Ataru combat could appear like a blur to their opponents, attacking from all directions???from the front, the sides, overhead, or behind. The Force not only allowed them to perform athletic feats not possible otherwise, but it also helped guide their actions and movements in combat.[1]

The opening stance for Ataru was a balanced two-handed guard: holding the lightsaber vertically with both palms, either on the right or left side of the body.[3]

Through the Force, Yoda mastered Form IV to its highest level. He used it in almost all of his battles, and his mastery of the style made him virtually unstoppable against most opponents, including Separatist battle droids, despite his small size and advanced age. His astonishing moves in his duel against Count Dooku on Geonosis may be revealed on close examination to be a fast-paced demonstration of the standard components of Form IV. His moves flowed from one to another in the smooth transitions characteristic of Form IV. In addition, three kinds of rotation, called su ma, figured prominently in his style: jung su ma (spinning), ton su ma (somersaults), and en su ma (cartwheels). These three moves represented the three possible axes of rotation in three-dimensional space. Together with Force-enhanced jumps, the rotational su ma moves composed most of his style, making the Grand Master exemplary of Form IV mastery.[1] At one point prior to the Clone Wars, Yoda was known to give demonstrations of the form in use, some of which were recorded on databooks in the Jedi Temple.[2]Yoda also employed Ataru against the clone troopers on Kashyyyk and Coruscant. Despite its weaknesses to blaster fire and multiple opponents, Yoda's mastery of the form was such that he was able to defeat the clones.[6]

Dooku stated that he understood "every weakness of the Ataru form, with its ridiculous acrobatics." Dooku's Makashi would counter Ataru by launching a series of thrusts toward the enemy's legs to draw the opponent into a flipping overhead leap, so that Dooku could burn through the enemy's spine from kidneys to shoulder blades with his Makashi attack. The Count applied this tactic against Obi-Wan Kenobi onboard the Invisible Hand, who blocked Dooku's blows with Soresu.[3]

• DJAckDJAck 255 Posts
    has anybody been to this yet? tickets go on sale next week in my 'hood...

Star Wars Exhibition

• DJCireDJCire 729 Posts
    has anybody been to this yet? tickets go on sale next week in my 'hood...

Star Wars Exhibition

Yes, I went to the one in LA. Cool stuff. If you're even the slightest geeky you'll enjoy - hence I did!

• UnconSciUnconSci 824 Posts
    How can people not have seen these.

The origonal ones were great. The Frickin' stupid digital remaster makes me sooo Frickin' mad shit looks retarded.

Then the new ones sucked... bad. The guy who played anakin is a total D-bag and ruined any posibility of it being good. Did they see him in that stupid movie about building a house with kevin kline and decide he was the next big thing? Guy Frickin' sucks. All three sucked. They were honestly as someone else put it... video game fliers.

How can people not have seen these.

The origonal ones were great. The Frickin' stupid digital remaster makes me sooo Frickin' mad shit looks retarded.

If u were born at a certain time it not really relevant.