Download my Summer Soulstice Mix

DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
edited July 2005 in Strut Central
I put together a summer mix that you may enjoy. It was initially going to be done live at a pool party at my house, but it wasn't the right crowd for something like this and I was too drunk, so I just recorded it instead. DJ Ferrari - Summer Soulstice 2005 Here's a tracklisting:Kool and the Gang - Summer MadnessBoca 45 - In the CityEl Michels Affair - Behind the Blue CurtainMain Ingredient - Summer BreezeDead Prez - Hip HopRotary Connection - Sunshine of Your LoveRoy Ayers - Everybody Loves the SunshineBrother Ali - Forest WhitikerFunkadelic - Can You Get to ThatNite-Liters - Do the GrannySergio Mendes - For What It's WorthS.O.U.L - Peace of MindTop Choice Clique - Peace of MindThe Meters - Just Kissed my BabyDigable Planets - SummerShalimar OST - Baby Let's Dance TogetherSteady B - Don't Disturb This GrooveBill Withers - Kissing my LoveUgly Duckling - I Did it Like ThisNicki Richards - Summer BreezeDub Diablo - Dream MakersJustice System - Summer in the CityPamoja - Ooh Baby (Lotusland)Ernie Hawks & the Soul IG's - Soulful TripJohhny Thunder - I'm AliveAmerican Gypsy - Golden RingHeaven Sent & Ecstasy - Rappin with my Subconscious MindCloud One - Atmosphere StruttJadell - Stronger that the SunLuther Davis - You Can Be a Star (Soul Cal)Rock Master Scott - Roof is on FireBrafa - Disco TrainDiplo - RhythmSons & Daughters of Lite - Let the Sun Shine In (Luv n Haight)Feedback is appreciated... hope you enjoy it.DJ Ferrari

Comments

• Mr. CasualMr. Casual 953 Posts
    I guess I'm the only one whos feelin it.. which is weird, because its really good... come on yall if you listen let dude know what you think..

well done my man..

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    I guess I'm the only one whos feelin it.. which is weird, because its really good... come on yall if you listen let dude know what you think..

well done my man..

Thanks dude, I was getting a bit antsy for a reply! Gotta give people time to listen is all I guess... hopefully others share your take on it.

DJ Ferrari

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    Downloading now. Always good to get some new listening material for the office.

• hans_lucashans_lucas 159 Posts
    I'm kinda digging this, but my girlfriend hates the Nicki Richards.

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    just downloaded tonight.
    nice.
    haven't finished listening yet, so i hope the rest doesn't totally suck

nice cue-burn
    i'm just jelly on some of em.

• BeatChemistBeatChemist 1,465 Posts
    Finally got around to listening to this almost all the way through. All the transitions are nice... good blending. Selection is tight.

Were you doing some effects? Delays or something in there somewhere? I coulda just been high, but I thought I was hearing echos that shouldn't have been there.

Thanks for sharing! This is going on a minidisc for headphone listening.

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    I put this up in my column, which I uploaded a few minutes ago:
    http://www.musicforamerica.org/node/82857

I put this up in my column, which I uploaded a few minutes ago:
    http://www.musicforamerica.org/node/82857

Aw man... that's awesome! Thanks dude, much appreciated

DJ Ferrari

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    Seriously Ferrari, this is one of the better mixes I've heard in awhile! Great song selection and the blending is amazing; this is one I'll have on repeat. Thanks for posting it man.

Everybody needs to download this!

• generiquegenerique 625 Posts
    Thanks for a sunny hour of music. I'm at work at my studio and the sun is shining on my back and it is unusual quite in the city (I guess everybody has gone to the beach) and this is a perfect soundtrack for the day. I will burn it too because it'll play great in the car. Can't give comments on the mixing because I don't know anything about that (sounds good to me), but the choise of music I like very much.

So what did you end up playing at the poolside party?

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts

Why is this not on the home page?

• dj_pidj_pi 335 Posts
    Finally got around to listening to this almost all the way through. All the transitions are nice... good blending. Selection is tight.

Were you doing some effects? Delays or something in there somewhere? I coulda just been high, but I thought I was hearing echos that shouldn't have been there.

Thanks for sharing! This is going on a minidisc for headphone listening.

This is nice! The mixes are on point which is very nice. I'll be putting this on my ipod while chillin at work.

Thanks

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts

excuse me while i co-sign myself...shit is dope

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    shit is dope

awsome summer listenings. major bumps on this one.

Right on! Thanks everybody... I'm glad you like it

DJ Ferrari

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts

BAN RAJ

• Hey Ivan~

This is a great mix, nice work!

So were those effects done live through the mixer, or is that some post production?

Hey Ivan~

This is a great mix, nice work!

So were those effects done live through the mixer, or is that some post production?

Thanks! So, there's no effects in this mix. I bought an EFX 500 a couple weeks ago, but haven't figured out how to use it with my Vestax mixer!

Where are people hearing effects? Could it be the transition from S.O.U.L's Peace of Mind to Top Choice Clique's Peace of Mind? That's kind of a fake effect because the Top Choice Clique version delay's a portion of the S.O.U.L sample and I just cut it over when they lined up.

DJ Ferrari

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
    Forty-FIvan! You get massive propers over here. Excellent vibes, great blending, and nice overall mix. Thank you for sharing this.

Maybe people will stop sleepin' on you soon.

• Ahh, I think it was the doubled up horns effect on the Boca 45 during the transition...

see you douds

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    Just downloaded...listening now. from what the homies are saying I'm looking forward to hearing the whole thing.

• MorseCodeMorseCode 1,516 Posts
    HI I*A*! Haven't had time to download yet, but looking forward to hearing this.

• VagabondVagabond 417 Posts
    shit is dope

awsome summer listenings. major bumps on this one.

yup !

• Just searched for some mixes I might have missed.
    Hell, this is pretty dope there fella...
    Good skills & diverse enough selection to keep it interesting.. Nice one...
    You need this if you missed it...

Ha, I'm still waiting for Rockmaster Scott to drop by, he knocked, but when I answered the door, he was gone already. But Luther decided to hang about for a minute longer...

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    track listing looks dope. downloading now.

• Great mix, good blends, thanks.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Just downloaded...listening now. from what the homies are saying I'm looking forward to hearing the whole thing.