Comments

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts

• DUNE493DUNE493 223 Posts
    A wet saturday in N.J.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Bixby find is

My meager contribution, just for kicks:

Feelin' that Jimmy Page comp, although the sound quality is
    Ruffin has a version of "96 Tears" which usually = BUY for me.

That Beach Boys LP is my newest smoke session favorite!
    The Sylvers is a lil' trashed, but I had never even
    heard that album, and the price was a laugh.
    That Obsession comp is thee schitt. All should copeth.
    AND THE KING OF TACKY FUNK AS DUBBED BY WAXIDERMY IN 2007, MIKE LONGO.

Couple of oddball 45's:

Local Boston ego-trip Kenmore Sq. '76 moves with fun inserts.

Basement stoner synth takes John Cale cover borderline MOR.

Hit up a local junk shop this afternoon, piles of dollar records
    yielded homosexual boogaloo, Grusin OST with secret pop-psych
    tracks about drugs, and even a Travis Wammack white whale:

Not so bad for a dollarbin - and I even found this 45 for fiddy cent:

• karlophonekarlophone 1,697 Posts

^^Don Cooper sounds like loner folk that didnt seem to suck on some random needle drops.
    I know nobody cares, but thats Ramsey's 2nd record.

^^the top left Peter Sarstedt has the cool song that Jason Schwartzman's char plays
    in "Darjeeling Limited". the other one i havent played yet.
    the andre K is hokey, but it is all early chicago covers, some cool moments.

^^ im not sure i can explain thunderfoot, its basically rock, but its odd. (was there any other white rock on Paula?)

^^ it think thats Babe Ruths 1st?? Okay, anyone ever seen this Sly cover variation?
    i knew of the "dance to the music" one, but never this one. Sweet Linda Devine is nice!

^^Smubbs isnt that good, as ive discovered. i bought it because it was on Monument.
    that hendrix/youngblood is on Maple - yet another All Platinum subsidiary!
    i was about to dismiss the shades of blue but dang theres some cool arrangements on that hokey looking thing.

^^what is up with this ez-listening War record? anyone? some cool stuff on it though.
    Smokin perfect clean OG early 3LP Zep bootleg. love the cover.

^^ the bud powell has a dirty cover but a nearly unplayed 1st press disc was hiding inside.
    boobs is a 'swish' comedian with off color gay jokes. the stickers were noted as "removable", and sure enough they were!
    30+ years old though, they caused "band aid tans" around the lady's, er, tender areas.
    Stone mint ?+Mysterians. lightly abused white label byrds mono. this shangra las record is incredible.
    It really sounds like the Cake record to me. those big lush dreamy New Jersey(?) vocals... big booming production...wow.

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
    cheapo's mostly from yesterdays flea-run:

just about ten of these are 2nd copies so holla at me tradewise if there's anything..

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    (was there any other white rock on Paula?)

At least half their catalog is white rock/pop.

Mainly The Uniques & John Fred & His Playboys, who each
    had a bunch of albums, but also full albums by Five by Five,
    Rod St. James, and a bunch others on 45 only.

You know Linda Divine is Linda Tillery, right?

I ride like crazy for that P.F. Sloan album!

• karlophonekarlophone 1,697 Posts
    (was there any other white rock on Paula?)

At least half their catalog is white rock/pop.

Mainly The Uniques & John Fred & His Playboys, who each
    had a bunch of albums, but also full albums by Five by Five,
    Rod St. James, and a bunch others on 45 only.

You know Linda Divine is Linda Tillery, right?

I ride like crazy for that P.F. Sloan album!

i guess thats why i couldnt picture other white Paula artists. i dont have any of those you mentioned, and hadnt even heard of some of them.

and damn i just found out who linda tillery is. although i now realize shes on a ton of albums i have.

• pknypkny 549 Posts
    and damn i just found out who linda tillery is. although i now realize shes on a ton of albums i have.

"I'll Say It Again" is my shit:

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Quick stop into FoS/ATX.....good to see GP....hope you're feeling better D....and some various pick-ups.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    cheapo's mostly from yesterdays flea-run:

just about ten of these are 2nd copies so holla at me tradewise if there's anything..

the bag is extra nice!!! you should keep it! even quadruple copies...

• nessness 249 Posts

i miss records.

• Damn!!! no cover?

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts

what is the Rebs album all about?

1968 Garage/Frat LP from Iowa on the Fredlo label....mostly covers....Summertime Blues, My Back Pages, Mony Mony, Giime Some Lovin, Spooky, Chains, etc.....those are sealed.....Popsike reveals $$ > Music.

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts

1968 Garage/Frat LP from Iowa on the Fredlo label....mostly covers....Summertime Blues, My Back Pages, Mony Mony, Giime Some Lovin, Spooky, Chains, etc.....those are sealed.....Popsike reveals $$ > Music.

yeah those fredlo lps seem to go for money. i sold Grandma's Rockers on Fredlo for $638 last year....hopefully i'll find more since the studio was nearby!

i wouldnt mind hearing it though. i love "Spooky". if you upload The Rebs, i'll post Grandmas Rockers. similar LP, almost all mid-late 60's covers and a few pretty decent originals. ripped it right before i sold it.

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts

Damn!!! no cover?

Ya, got the cover, but lack a digital camera at the moment to take pics. Scanning the label somehow made more sense to me than scanning like 2/3rds of the cover.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts

Ready for Marina Rock Season.

• rookrook 357 Posts
    i have that couch too yo

• been having some pretty good luck this past week. real world finds. Impressions LP has a dope poster inside that says "Too Late For Equality".

$5 each. except riverside which was a trade. top right is "Ralfi Pagan presenta Johnny Nelson" salsa music on Pumkris records outta LA. never heard anything about this label, but if Ralfi approved, I knew it must be above average.

O Terco, bottom middle, is mellow Brazilian prog. Popcorn Blizzard I guess is Meatloaf's first band? Interesting soft psych. The 12's are OG Wailing Souls "Jah Give Us Life/War", Winston Curtis doing reggae versions of Sam Cooke's "Wonderful World" & "Chain Gang", and Divine Sounds "What People Do For Money" which is a pretty hot electro-hop cut.

hip hop dollar bin from last weekend.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Very nice, captainplanet!

What's the Mel Williams about? Standard 70s funky soul?

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    Damn, is that Funky Technician LP an OG? I never see that anywhere.

• What's the Mel Williams about? Standard 70s funky soul?

It's actually more like loung-ey soul-jazz.
    there's one really cool version of With A Little Help From My Friends on here.

too bad the recording quality is kinda hurt. still like how he flipped it.

and yeah, the Funky Technician looks OG. They're all from one collection, many still had shrinkwrap and cheap price tags from Barry's Records on em. The age old smell test reveals little.

• coldcutscoldcuts 388 Posts

I went to the same show. It sure was a shitty day out. This is what I got from the guy with the wall of records. All $1 except for the hip hop 12".

Anyone happen to have a cover for UMC's "One to Grow On"? It was in that UMCs record I found.

• tuff from the last few days:

picked up the GEORGIE FAME (awful font on the cover!!) as it contains "somebody stole my thunder" - great track. ...im enjoying the EDWARD H DAFIS alot - mostly for the amazing track "calan gaea" - what a monster!!!
    i think JamesF first played me the CHICO LOPEZ - pleased to get it for a quid. average latin-sploitation EZ listening but with added fuzz guitar, an up-tempo play out track and a nice open break!

the 7's are:
    DYNASTIE CRISIS - "le corbeau et le renard" / "j'ai mal" (dead pleased to get a 7 of this -- canadian pressing of two absolutely monster cuts by this french jazzy prog group.)
    RARE EARTH - "i know im losing you"
    JACKIE MITTOO - "soul bird"
    YOUNG MC - "bust a move"

and.....

first vinyl release by my mate's band - THE ZETLAND PLAYERS. also my first 7" cover i have designed. sweet!

• el_sparkoel_sparko 884 Posts
    first vinyl release by my mate's band - THE ZETLAND PLAYERS. also my first 7" cover i have designed. sweet!

Zetland road running things, Bristol heads know the deal...

• DUNE493DUNE493 223 Posts

I went to the same show. It sure was a shitty day out. This is what I got from the guy with the wall of records. All $1 except for the hip hop 12".

Anyone happen to have a cover for UMC's "One to Grow On"? It was in that UMCs record I found.
    WOW.That is funny.I saw you looking at that MILES DAVIS LP.He had some nice $1 bin joints that day.

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    where was that show?

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts
    I just "found" this today :

• where was that show?