FINDS - week of 3/4/08 onwards

pencilfacepencilface 674 Posts
edited March 2008 in Strut Central
couldnt find a thread so i thought i'd start one...here's my stuff: the Grant Green isn't floating my boat much -- i thought this was supposed to be a rare groove classic or something??the Czerwone Gitary is pretty dull - but i liked the cover and it wasnt much. got a few cheapies in PK Music Exchange (that i never usually bother going in) - Bert Jansch for ??3!!! The daft cover with the bird's cage with a wig on has some tracks with Zalatnay on vocals and some mean and cheesy hungarian breakbeats on... and some hip hop. been meaning to pick up the first Jeru LP for years. the single with red cover is a Infamous MC 12" - only remarkable cos the a-side is a kankick production that i didn't know existed - and im a bit of a kan-zulu completist

Comments

• LazerLazer 796 Posts
    couldnt find a thread so i thought i'd start one...

here's my stuff:

the Grant Green isn't floating my boat much -- i thought this was supposed to be a rare groove classic or something??

i have a shotty bootleg dvd of that movie and always liked the soundtrack. but not much of a "rare groove" sound if i remember right.

BILLY DEE WILLIAMS tough guy moves

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    No pictures, but just a vey satisfying story...was digging in the clearance bin of this local spot...nortorious dealer dude comes in(this dude will stand in the middle of three crates and not allow anyone to look in the crates he is monopolizing(you can only look in one at a time) rips folks off, just a pain in the ass...anyway he is digging , not finding anything...right in front of him I pull a 99 cent Mint copy of Silver Apples s/t and a sealed Gator OST for $4...small, insignificant victory, but Ill take it...satisfying to know he didnt get 'em...

• DJ_NevilleCDJ_NevilleC 1,922 Posts
    I posted this Monday and got no love (or responses) so I'm gonna repost as these are some of the heaviest finds (at least the Room LP) I've ever run across in a non-shop or record show setting.

The first set is field finds from the weekend. The Funkadelic LP is mint and came with the poster!

This set all came from a house call yesterday. The owner was a Chinese woman in her 60's who spent alot of time in the UK. Besides these (my keepers) she had a bunch of Incredible String Band, Mingus, mono Coltranes, Singapore pressings of early Dylan LP's, Barrow Poets "Magic Egg", Black Sabbath on Vertigo, etc. for the shop. She was not really a "collector" per se but she did have great taste. Sorry about the blur, guess I was shaking.

Top left - Pete Brown & Piblokto - "Thousands on a Raft"
    Top right - Nico - "The Marble Index"
    2nd row left - The Greatest Show on Earth - The Going's Easy"
    2nd row rt - Elizeth Cardoso - "Falou e Disse"
    3rd row lft - Bert Jansch - "Lucky Thirteen"
    3rd row rt - Room - "Pre-Fight" (Deram)

• JroamJroam 257 Posts
    (6) 45's:
    smith connection "i've been a winner, i've been... bw, i cant hold on much longer"
    Linda tillery "womanly way bw, markin' time"
    vivian reed "ready and waiting"
    johnny taylor "im so proud bw, i need a freak"
    sharon paige with harold melvin/bluenotes "tonights the night bw, your love is..."
    brook benton "cant take my eyes bw, weekend with feathers"

• DJ Neville C -wow!! Pete Brown & Room -- pretty amazing finds in the wild ---- i bet you shit in your pants!!

want to offload that first sabbath LP swirl to me?

DJ Neville C -wow!! Pete Brown & Room -- pretty amazing finds in the wild ---- i bet you shit in your pants!!

want to offload that first sabbath LP swirl to me?

Yeah my poker face was in full effect. I felt a little better that I was going to keep the really heavy LPs as opposed to selling them. The Sabbath is Paranoid and will be for sale, but it needs a good wash/VPI clean first. Too much time in the tropics but it was hardly ever played, so it should clean up nicely. PM me if need it.

• cheers - but i only need the first one on swirl.... nice finds.

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts

ive been seriously diggin for 15 or so years now and i have never found the Final Comedown sdtk. i have the movie poster on my wall but that record has never found its way into a crate of mine. i dont want/need it... just wanted to share a story.

• high_chigh_c 1,384 Posts
    Little dude alert!

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    haha i know right. i was going to make a post about that the other day:

Common Records You Shoulda Had By Now but Dont Because Youre A Little Dude

• high_chigh_c 1,384 Posts

Common Records You Shoulda Had By Now but Dont Because Youre A Little Dude

K. I'm doin it. Lord, it's not even fuckin 4 yet??

• couldnt find a thread so i thought i'd start one...

here's my stuff:

the Grant Green isn't floating my boat much -- i thought this was supposed to be a rare groove classic or something??
    the Czerwone Gitary is pretty dull - but i liked the cover and it wasnt much. got a few cheapies in PK Music Exchange (that i never usually bother going in) - Bert Jansch for ??3!!! The daft cover with the bird's cage with a wig on has some tracks with Zalatnay on vocals and some mean and cheesy hungarian breakbeats on...
    and some hip hop. been meaning to pick up the first Jeru LP for years. the single with red cover is a Infamous MC 12" - only remarkable cos the a-side is a kankick production that i didn't know existed - and im a bit of a kan-zulu completist

stmb

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    Post deleted by drewnice

• Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts
    post deleted by Rob Base

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Post deleted by drewnice

• what's going on -- i go to the watch "metronomy" (they were rubbish) and come back to this... have i been royally dissed or what?

• Hey hows that Rob Base?

I kid.

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
    Dudes quit quoting those mediocre finds!
    We can follow a thread without seeing the same records
    over and over.

over and over.

I believe jaymack and I were pointing out exactly what you just said.

• ariel_calmerariel_calmer 3,762 Posts
    over and over.

WAIT, DID SOMEONE BUY CERRONE IV? LET'S SEE THAT HUGE PIC AGAIN, THIS TIME IN SLOW MOTION.

over and over.

With more excessive quoting?
    That makes sense.

it's called overkill. It drives the point home.

it's called overkill. It drives the point home.

No it only serves to annoy.

post deleted by cpeetz.

post deleted by cpeetz.

That's funny!

• bloody soul strut ...

when i posted up the OG of the 1st OS MUTANTES lp i got my mitts on a few weeks ago nobody bothered to comment anything -- but when i post up a few bits of junk i happened to pick up yesterday afternoon i get sonned to within an inch of my life!!

• fredfadesfredfades 584 Posts
    bloody soul strut ...

when i posted up the OG of the 1st OS MUTANTES lp i got my mitts on a few weeks ago nobody bothered to comment anything -- but when i post up a few bits of junk i happened to pick up yesterday afternoon i get sonned to within an inch of my life!!

FUNK45-SLEEPYHEADS

God forbid if your finds aren't up to strut standards for raerity, desirability or coolness.

• fredfadesfredfades 584 Posts

J.J. Jackson - Dilemma LP
    Merit Hemmingson - Hoven Droven LP
    Guttorm Guttormsen Kvartett - Albufeira LP
    Dollar Brand Quartet Africa - Tears and Laughter LP
    Carla Thomas - Memphis Queen LP
    Timothy Clover - A Harvard Square Affair LP
    Nexus - S/T LP
    Bingo Miki - Scandinavian Suite LP
    B. Subhash Movie Unit - Kasam Paida Karnewale Ki OST LP
    King Croesus - World of OZ 45

Got most of them cheap at a recordshow.

thanks to ebay for KASAM PAIDA KARNEWALE KI O.S.T... It has the sample for DaBrye & AG - My Life on it..The whole track is a killer. The LP has some other funny cuts with wierdo synths, drum machine & MJ cover buisniess..

The Guttorm Guttormsen is a nice norwegian spiritual jazz LP which a friazz album.end of mine reissued lately..This is the OG.. The reissue looks different and doesnt have all the tracks.. It has 50% of this LP on it, and 50% of a another LP on it..

My favourtie out of these LPs must be the J.J. Jackson LP. Dope ass funky jazz LP.

Peace,

F.

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
    AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA