I MADE A SP1200 TAPE..

Comments

• behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
    your blog is private

boo

• http://fredfades.goodshitradio.com/mixes/fredfades&deckdaddy-spshit07+++.mp3

Quote:
    I first got my SP1200 early in 2007, but got heavy into it when my MPC got ucked up, the summer of 2007. I??ve made about 130-170 SP beats since then, and alot of these beats were made with Deck Daddy over at my spot. Deck Daddy got his SP1200 in December 2007, and he has already learned me lots of functions and stuff I did??nt know about. We have also made tons of collabo beats on the SP.. Anyways.. There is no way we??re going to release all this shit, and we have got lot of mails from dudes who be like ???Oh man you guys are the only one out there who knows how to rock an SP, that ACTUALLY STILL rock it???.. I mean, all the legendary SP dudes aint using the SP no more.. It??s sad, but thats the way it is. Anyways, I compiled this shit today, just raw SP stuff, out the floppies. All mixed inside the machine, and recorded through the main out, cause I don??t have any mixer with enough working outputs.. My mixer is BADDD, and it DOES NOT WORK.. But I got records, and Deck daddy thought me alot about EQing shit before recording it and other small tricks. So the beats doesnt sound that bad.. DeckDaddy has featured on maybe 40-50% of these beats. Just wanted you dudes to know. For those who don??t know, we??re pretty heavy into diggin also, so I included some records i had layin around the floor when I recorded.. Random joints.. some of them are used in the tracks aswell.. I hope some of you dudes out there enjoy it.

BY THE WAY!!! The volume isn??t really good mixed, some of the shit sounds lot louder than the other ones..

Peace,

F.

01 HORNS
    02 EASY TO BE HARD
    03 THOUGHTLESS SHIT
    04 THEMES FROM THE CRATES #01 (REAL MUSIC)
    05 PITCH BLACK ??? ITS ALL REAL REMIX
    06 THEMES FROM THE CRATES #02 (THE DILLA LOOP)
    07 THE FUNK RESURRECTION
    08 LOVECALL
    09 MAD KNOWLEDGE
    10 BRAZIL (THE LOVECALL REMIX)
    11 QUIT THE WHINE
    12 THE DESERT
    13 THEMES FROM THE CRATES #03 (DIRTYHANS BREAK)
    14 BAMA??S RHODES
    15 TWISTED (SNAPS N SHIT)
    16 THEMES FROM THE CRATES #04 (DRUMS OF DEATH)
    17 THEMES FROM THE CRATES #05 (DAYLIGHT)
    18 SILENT NIGHT
    19 MAYBE (SUPER MARIO SPOOKY HOUSE)
    20 THEMES FROM THE CRATES #06 (JUSTICE)
    21 MOONCHILD (AKA THE MAD COMPRESSOR)
    22 FOCUS
    23 SHADOWS (OF THE MOONCHILD)
    24 THEMES FROM THE CRATES #07 (THE REAL BREAK)
    25 TEACH ME (HAPPY)
    26 GENETIC WALK (PIANO DUDE)
    27 THE ILLY ASS BREAKDOWN
    28 CRIME (WE ALL GOT BEEF WITH THE FIVE-O)
    29 THE RAINBOW
    20 THUGS
    21 THEMES FROM THE CRATES #08 (JAZZCAT BREAK)
    22 RAP TO THIS
    23 FANTASY
    24 HEY FRED
    25 THEMES FROM THE CRATES #09 (DONT BELIEVE THE HYPE)
    26 SOLAR PLEXUS
    27 SANCTUS
    28 THEMES FROM THE CRATES #10 (THE CONSPIRACY THEME)
    29 BELLADONNA
    30 THEMES FROM THE CRATES #11 (THE RAINBREAKER)
    31 THEMES FROM THE CRATES #12 (THE L BREAK)
    32 STRAIGHT UP (NO BULLSHIT)
    33 THEMES FROM THE CRATES #13 (DECEMBER)
    34 A TASTE OF DECEMBER
    35 SKILLZ ??? Y??ALL DON??T WANNA DO THAT REMIX
    36 THEMES FROM THE CRATES #14 (BRAZILIAN ENDING)

• enjoying it. Nice listen. Some cool beats on here too. The pacing is also nice. Quick and to the point, nothing goes too long.

nice work.

• Good stuff man, don't play it down so hard (talking about the volume and your mixing and stuff). If anyone asks just say you're keeping it real, but I don't think they will, it sounds great!

• HamHam 872 Posts
    sounds really good so far! good work.

• jaysusjaysus 787 Posts
    Yes!

F.uck all that mono-volume gate limiting stuff, i am really enjoying the vibe of it. Sounds warm.

• dope shit. real solid vibe throughout. definitely don't downplay your work so much mang.

hopefully some of these will end up as finished tunes with vocals (or just as developed instrumentals). keep it up.

• yeah -- i enjoy this ~Fred. good work.

JAYSUS - is that DJ Derek in your avatar?? what a guy .... i see him round his local haunts round here occasionally.

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts
    I like what I'm hearing so far!

And you can never sample Solar Plexus enough. Don't know how many beats I've made using that first album.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts

• HamHam 872 Posts
    And you can never sample Solar Plexus enough. Don't know how many beats I've made using that first album.

co-sign.

• kicks79kicks79 1,334 Posts
    Sounds intresting man...Im gonna peep now

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts

• cool. im happy you guys liked it...

and to you swedish dudes..

jeg har Solar Plexus 1, 2 & H??llre Hycklare ??nn Gucklare...
    jeg vet det finnes en lp som heter: det er inte b??ten som gynger, det er havet som r??r seg..

hvor vanskelig er dene ?? f?? tak i ? hva er prisen? s??nn ca?

har de noen andre utgivelser??

er det noen av dere som er hypp p?? ?? selge meg noen egba utgivelser?

jeg har den bl??e med stor logo p??.. jungle jam... jeg har lyst p?? den med det sorte coveret.. har h??rt en live fra k??benhavn lp.. men likte den ikke s?? godt.. jeg fant ogs?? egba bryter opp for 2 ??r siden.. men da f??lte jeg den ikke s?? mye.. kj??pte den ikke.. har de noen flere skiver som er litt i samme stil som jungle jam?

peace

f.

• jaysusjaysus 787 Posts
    JAYSUS - is that DJ Derek in your avatar?? what a guy .... i see him round his local haunts round here occasionally.

Yeah man! DJ Derek is the jam! I love the sound clash footage of him.

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts

jeg vet det finnes en lp som heter: det er inte b??ten som gynger, det er havet som r??r seg..

jeg har den bl??e med stor logo p??.. jungle jam...har de noen flere skiver som er litt i samme stil?

Re: Solar Plexus "Det Er Inte B??ten Som Gynger, Det Er Havet Som R??r Seg",
    It's got a nice mellow track called "F??glerne I Nam Dinh". Overall, it's OK, but not super remarkable IMO.

Re: Egba,
    If you like "Jungle Jam", you might dig their first album

Edit: I see you mentioned this yourself. Anyway, I think it's OK, but nothing to go crazy about. "Mogubgub" is the standout track. Unfortunately, I think Egba suffers a bit from the wanky guitar syndrome (like a lot of other funky fusion groups).

• very nice

reminds me of some early madlib

• jimeyjimey 279 Posts
    some really nice joints in there...

jeg har den bl??e med stor logo p??.. jungle jam...har de noen flere skiver som er litt i samme stil?

It's got a nice mellow track called "F??glerne I Nam Dinh". Overall, it's OK, but not super remarkable IMO.

Edit: I see you mentioned this yourself. Anyway, I think it's OK, but nothing to go crazy about. "Mogubgub" is the standout track. Unfortunately, I think Egba suffers a bit from the wanky guitar syndrome (like a lot of other funky fusion groups).

I'm not really into Egba and the later Solar Plexus stuff really isn't on the level of that first double album. Wanky guitar is really the bane of funky fusion. I'd recommend Bj??rn J:son Lindhs "Fr??n storstad till grodspad" if you don't have it already, though. As far as scandinavian fusion goes, I might as well ask about the norwegian group Blow Out. I've got one album of theirs with a long break track, any more good ones out there?

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    Just started listening, and it sounds great. Nice chunking it up on the bitrate.

• jeg vet det finnes en lp som heter: det er inte b??ten som gynger, det er havet som r??r seg..

I'm not really into Egba and the later Solar Plexus stuff really isn't on the level of that first double album. Wanky guitar is really the bane of funky fusion. I'd recommend Bj??rn J:son Lindhs "Fr??n storstad till grodspad" if you don't have it already, though. As far as scandinavian fusion goes, I might as well ask about the norwegian group Blow Out. I've got one album of theirs with a long break track, any more good ones out there?

actually... my best friends father released that lp.. i think thats their only one also.... i can ask him for you...

peac
    e
    f.

• I enjoyed this, thanks!

• Thanks for this. I'm defintely enjoying it. I look forward to bumping this in my ride on a nice day.

• I am really enjoying this doood.
    thanks.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    seriously enjoyed the beats ad how the mix was put together

id like to add some vocals on some of them

• "enjoyed" is the theme of this thread. I can dig it. nice beat tape

• fredfadesfredfades 584 Posts
    thanks for feelin it dudes.. i didnt expect so much love...
    if anyone wanna cop my 45 (just released it..).. check the link:

http://www.soulstrut.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=1040442&page=0&vc=#Post1040442

peep

that one is made on the mpc thou.. and sounds a little more hi tech.. but i will try to release a sp1200 45 when my budget is on top again..

peace

f.

• ericeric 155 Posts
    dope,dope,dope

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    This is