Petition to get Day to do more stuff

2»

Comments

• that official video Mike did for you is awesome.

Those adidas videos are great as well. The first two are really funny and then the third one is pretty with you re-doing premier's cuts.

• I lurv heem.

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts
    I don't check the other boards. Silly me. That BBQ mash just tore my doors off. I thought it was going to be NWA over Main Source, which also seems like it would be

There's lots of niceties on that link. I've never done a mash-up, but I have a couple ideas. Time to see what I can come up with.

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,080 Posts
    While we're all riding Day's jock, and because I didn't say so at the time of its release, I'd like to add how much I enjoyed the Got To Get It Right EP. It's not often nowadays that you come across instrumental music which attempts to engage the listener on a political level (not outside of jazz, anyway), much less when it does so without coming across as the least bit earnest or worthy.

True. That's one of the ones I find myself popping into the CD player without much thought while I'm driving to work or errands. I don't buy much current music, but Day's stuff - along with Asprin's, Ako's, Drez', etc. etc. beats/productions and others here - is one of the few examples that makes me realize I have a long way to go to grasp the ins-and-outs of song construction, arrangement and making drum patterns sound simple yet effective (if that makes any sense in my words). I don't make beats - I'll leave that up to the pros - but I have been trying to motivate myself to learn as much as my mind can handle regarding music theory and composition. Listening to this kind of stuff is quite an inspiration.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Day, do more stuff.

Signed:

Ronald "Rashied" McDonald

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    All of a sudden I miss the days of playing beats over the phone!

Day makes the kind of shit that actually bangs with a phone held up to speakers.

Now that I think about it, I haven't called you in a while. I"ll have to rememedy that.

soulstrut trivia:

Day answers the phone in a sexy woman's voice.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    i just want to say this blog is great

that french prog song is crazy

i stop checking it for a minute and there is a million and a half new post all top notch

keepeth it up

• joeblowjoeblow 118 Posts
    let me blow up Day's spot and resurrect this thread with a little Honey action;

http://www.allupinyourearhole.com/podcast/internet-crates-honey-edition

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    soulstrut trivia:

Day answers the phone in a sexy woman's voice.

correction:

a sexy BOLIVIAN woman's voice