Petition to get Day to do more stuff

DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
edited February 2008 in Strut Central
Was listening to Day's Live @ the BBQ/F*ck the Police[/b] blend, and thought about how much I like his Melting Pot rap remixes...I think the only thing missing from the F*ck the BBQ blend is the personal touch - some scratching from senor Day in his own inimitable style would tip that song to 'purchase-able' in my book. If not, any new stuff in the pipeline?

Comments

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    I second that emotion. What Planet What Station and Gone Bad are two of my favorite 12"s from the past few years.

How many of y'all have those Japanese 7"s on Subcontact?

I'ma cop the most recent Milkcrate 12" soon, but the dollar/euro exchange rate makes an order from MPM an expensive proposition these days.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts

Yes Selassie I Bumbaclott Tippa Irie.

I have the Subcontact 'Set It Off' 7". I like muchos muchos Ghaly.

But I want more early-mid nineties rap acapellas (i.e. the good[/b] stuff) laced with the '08 sounds from people with taste and skills like Senor Day. So please put some cuts on the F*ck the BBQ joint and send me the WAV if it will never make vinyl.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Yo, thank you, for real. Sometimes I'm like "wtf do people even want to hear these days?" so it's always good to see something like this. The next thing coming out is that "Honey" remix which will get a limited 7" release within a month or so. I started focusing on my own stuff, but going back to some "What Planet" type schitt might not be a bad idea. I just want to take it forward. The worst thing for me to do is make the same thing over and over again. That's why I kinda stayed away from doing another one. Thanks again, yall are too kind

limited 7" release within a month or so.

Please tell me this will not be on Subcontact. With shipping, it costs like $17 for those.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Petition to get Day to do more stuff

• Petition to get Day to do more stuff

• Day makes excellent music and is a nice guy as well. I'm all for new music.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    While we're all riding Day's jock, and because I didn't say so at the time of its release, I'd like to add how much I enjoyed the Got To Get It Right EP. It's not often nowadays that you come across instrumental music which attempts to engage the listener on a political level (not outside of jazz, anyway), much less when it does so without coming across as the least bit earnest or worthy.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts

The initial title for this thread was going to be "Petition to get Day to release more sh*t", so you got off lightly there.

Re: WTF do people want?
    I can understand the quandry. At the moment, in the UK, the record market seems to be flooded with re-edits, which are just plain lazy.
    Lazy in that the customers are buying songs that, a lot of the time, it wouldn't be that difficult to drop in the mix as they are.
    Lazy in that the producers are putting very little work in (in some instances) to achieve an easy return (exceptions include people like Krivit, Greg Wilson, Kenny Dope etc).

I figure that if you can do more than just loop up the intro and outro to an undiscovered gem, you're already ahead of the competition, and going on your past work, you're well ahead. So WTF do people want? Just something that demonstrates that the producer's put more than just the work in, but added a little tiny bit of X. Soul maybe? The personal touch. That's all it takes.

So whuddup with that BBQ joint?

• the record market seems to be flooded with re-edits, which are just plain lazy.
    Lazy in that the customers are buying songs that, a lot of the time, it wouldn't be that difficult to drop in the mix as they are.
    Lazy in that the producers are putting very little work in (in some instances) to achieve an easy return (exceptions include people like Krivit, Greg Wilson, Kenny Dope etc).

Too true.

And yes, Day is the tits.

• cascas 1,484 Posts
    Day makes excellent music and is a nice guy as well. I'm all for new music.

indeed.

credit is due continues to stay in rotation.

indeed.

Indeed, indeed bro.

• I still listen to Day's "Unorthodox" mix he did for the strut way back when!
    Plaese to make more mix!

Was listening to Day's Live @ the BBQ/F*ck the Police[/b] blend,

Where'd you hear this?

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    Can't say it enough... Day is THAT dude!

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts

Was listening to Day's Live @ the BBQ/F*ck the Police[/b] blend,

Where'd you hear this?

announcements remix thread

and seriously Day is an inspiration...exactly like don mccoy said

good to see you are goig in a non-repeat path good...making great instrumental music with your own playing added over stellar production an DJing

cant wait to see what's next and i utterely respect this artistic mindset

ditto for thes (where the orchestra at?)

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    And yes, Day is the tits.

I second that emotion.

• pacmanpacman 1,114 Posts
    I've enjoyed everything I've ever heard from day.

for a cosign.

• yes do more stuff!

• snicka_gsnicka_g Hong Kong 276 Posts
    Yes, more stuff from Day! That neatbeat re-edit you did was dope. Keep up the good work.

• kicks79kicks79 1,334 Posts
    For sure Day keep doing your thing and make sure you let us know when your new stuff drops.

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    going back to some "What Planet" type schitt might not be a bad idea

• kennykenny 1,024 Posts
    hell yes! Day's music production is always

and I'm sayin this all the way from the other side of the globe!

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    I petition you to make more babies

• I petition you to make more babies

any new stuff in the pipeline?

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Haaaa! I'm @ home on day 1 of the flu and this was a good thing to read.
    You guys are too kind. I truly appreciate the support everybody.

Btw, I posted one of the cuts from the last Japan 7" here http://likeathrottle.blogspot.com (the BBQ joint is up there too)

• I was playing one of your 12" just yesterday.You will always get wall display status at the merchant my good fellow.